Calculating Couch25k?

Options
2»

Replies

• janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you have the opportunity to use a treadmill for a few of the workouts, you can "add a new exercise to the database", name it and put in minutes of the workout and the amount of calories you burned - most treadmills will give you this info if you enter your weight before you start running.

The next time you do C25K on the treadmill, find that newly created exercise, and enter the minutes and calories burned. After a couple entries to this exercise, the MFP database is able to calculate your burn based on the minutes you exercised.

This is what I would recommend too! I do that for each week I run and it is pretty accurate. It might not be as accurate if you do it on an older treadmill though. It also won't be so accurate if you don't do a heart scan every few minutes.
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just did my first run this morning. I downloaded the RunDouble C25K app and loved it! You can sync it online and then later view your route. It logs and keeps track of all your stats. I'm not sure how accurate the calorie burn is. It's probably like all others -- not quite accurate. We all know an HRM is the best measure of calories burned. :)

The app is free for the first two weeks and then (I think) it costs $1.60. Chump change.
  • ebarton25
    Options
    Whoa! Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help :)

What I did was watched the average on my walks (which ending up being around 3.5mph) then when I was jogging I would watch the average times each run and then added them all up and divided by the amount of runs I did to get an average pace :)

I then just entered that into MFP and it works from there :)

Also, I'm running outside and not on a treadmill so when the winter time comes for us Michigander's I'll be able to use it accurately!