Hi, Need to lose 50+ lbs? Me too, Lets Chat!

Options
2»

Replies

• dw4378
    dw4378 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi to all!! Must start off by saying that it is a motivator to read that others are in the same boat, by reading it looks like some of us have been dieters for a long time and now wanting to make a change. I am a single mother of a teenage daughter that was thankfully blessed by her fathers genes and is a 5'8 123lbs, yes a little sickening. I reside in Atlanta, GA and hope that some of you are in the area. For as long as I can remember I have been on one type of diet or another for over 15yrs I think and in the last few weeks don't know exactly what happened but its like a switch got turned, I have been dilligent about logging and working out and am going to need all the support I can to get thru this, I'm hoping that the motivation I have know sticks for a while. I am looking to lose 50lbs and get into the 120's, seems extreme as I don't ever think i've seen the scale there. lol!! Seeing some of the pics here is definitely inspirational and ready to embark on this journey with all of you.

Inspirational Quote: Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't." (Trying to remember this everytime I feel like stopping:smile: )

LET'S DO THIS!!

EVERYONE PLEASE ADD ME, THANK YOU
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Hey Gang! Just checking in seeing how everyone is doing? i am having some dental issues right now, so its making eating challanging, maybe thats a good thing...lol. Hope ya'll are doing well!
  • debrawallin
    debrawallin Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need some friends to keep me motivated and chat with. I'm Debra, live in Dallas, Texas and I am 56 years old. I didn't really get started in trying to get into a healthier space until 55. Working out once a week with a trainer and then a couple times a week on my own. Anyone looking for friends, please add me. Thanks.
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm working hard as all of you are to reach my fitness goals! We are all in the same boat lucky for us were shredding pounds so we will stay afloat longer lol! anyone can feel free to add me to their motivating friends list!
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am actually trying to lose 50lbs...but im unable to do what I used such as kickboxing,Muay Thai and weight lifting bc i recently underwent shoulder surgery and have a very limited range of motion. Feel free to add me! Im hoping to lose all this weight by my babys 1st birthday in March
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Mark and I am new to the Community section but have been using myfintesspal for about two years off and on. I need to cut more than 50 lbs so I added myself here.

Feel free to add me.

Mark