"anorexic arms, thick thighs"

Options
1235»

Replies

• BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1. you look great
    2. You're female....generally women are more bottom heavy and men more top heavy.
    (PLEASE DO NOT READ THAT AS ME CALLING YOU HEAVY)

This is a generalization yes and one I happen to fit

Generally women lose weight in their upper body faster than their lower body. I have ran into this problem myself of a bony looking chest but I still have a booty on me....my advice:

EMBRACE IT!

Remind people that you're a grown @ss woman and you know what you're doing. They dont' have to like or agree, just support and if they don't have anything nice to say then take it else where.
  • SazCat113313
    Options
    what the hell, who says that to someone?
    i looked at your pictures and you are amazing!!!!
    what douche's these people are! how dare they make you feel ordinary.

seriously: come to australia, we have STACKS of blokes, most cute and most are nicer than that! haha (talking up my friends!)

your "friend" sounds jealous that you are changing your body and she is finding petty ways to bring you down. honestly if you hang around this person she will put you off your goals and you will fail. negative people can bring any of us undone!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I would focus on upper body strengthening to get that muscle definition in your arms to balance everything else. Doing squats and leg exercises won't slim your thighs, it will make them muscular.

All that said, from your photos I think you are stunningly beautiful, and those drunk guys were idiots. ;)

I am solidly in thr thick thigh club. And squats and lunges have trimmed mine and made them firmer. I am down around 3-4 inches in the thigh. Get to work on your strength training OP.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think you are lovely! People are stupid. Just the other day, my boss told me, "You used to be HUGE!!!" It definitely hurt my feelings and I let it ruin my whole day.

Forget whatever they have to say.... Now that I am getting closer to my goal, my stepmom always says rude things to me. You just gotta know that you're hot and not let it bug you!
  • wdwithers
    wdwithers Posts: 36
    Options
    Ok, so this last friday I went out to a bar with a friend of mine I haven't seen in awhile. I was excited to see her and show her my progress until she started putting me down. I had told her that I wanted to firm my stomach and she agreed I should. Then she went off on me about how my arms, chest, and shoulders look anorexic. *sigh* later that night, guy my friend had been talking to came over and summed the three of us up in 3 words. He pointed to one friend and said "you're angry", to my other friend "you're.sexy", and to me, "you're Serena Williams" I was like WHAT?! His friend explained quickly, "because you got them thick thighs" UGH! Later on that night some guy told me I wasn't his type because I'm too skinny. I know everyone has their own type, but I felt beat up on the whole night! How do I slim my thighs to be more proportionate to my upper body? I do cardio, do I continue with it? I'm going to start strength training with my arms. what can I do to also firm my stomach? please help! I skipped the gym 2 days in a row because I just felt like I was screwing up... :(

Do you remember the old thigh master? Well its not only good for the inside of your thighs, but it also works on the outside part when it is laid on the floor with the other part that is in the air against your outter thigh and you do butterfly wings. People can be so cruel especially when your shape (natural born with shape) can't be helped or changed. I have really big legs, especially my calves I got them from my grandmother's sister. As I loose weight sure they will get smaller, but the shape of them will always be bigger than a normal person's legs at the same weight. I was and still am being told how big they are. What's worse, my older sister has the most beautiful shaped legs of anyone I know. Never mind how much weight she gains or looses, Her legs are the most beautilful shaped legs and she gets them from my dad. So envious! But all we can do is what we can and thank God we weren't born without any legs at all.
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would focus on upper body strengthening to get that muscle definition in your arms to balance everything else. Doing squats and leg exercises won't slim your thighs, it will make them muscular.

All that said, from your photos I think you are stunningly beautiful, and those drunk guys were idiots. ;)

I am solidly in thr thick thigh club. And squats and lunges have trimmed mine and made them firmer. I am down around 3-4 inches in the thigh. Get to work on your strength training OP.

Good for you!!! :) thick thighed girls uniting like our legs do with each other! Lmao! I hope that's swen as funny and not offensive because it wasn't meant to be mean. Xoxo!
  • Moniqua1
    Options
    I think you are lovely! People are stupid. Just the other day, my boss told me, "You used to be HUGE!!!" It definitely hurt my feelings and I let it ruin my whole day.

Forget whatever they have to say.... Now that I am getting closer to my goal, my stepmom always says rude things to me. You just gotta know that you're hot and not let it bug you!

From what I see you look great!
  • handle123
    handle123 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi Moniqa1

I have the same issue size wise, im 164lbs, 5ft 5in, and have 11" upper arms, 30" waist and 25" thighs!
    I had a personal trainer sort me a programme out at the gym. I told hin i wanted ot lose fat and inches off my thighs but build on my upper body.

I now do interval training, 3 sets of cardio machines and the rest is weights. Total workout it just over 1hr - i try and do this 2-3 times a week but i also do other classes like pilates, body pump etc.

15 min interval bike on level 22 ( killer!)
    10 Rower - 1 mion fast and had with 20 second rest in between each set ( 10 sets)
    15 min interval on cross trainer - level 17

then i use those big inflatable balls to do weighted situps and then move onto free weights, weighted lunges, weightes squats lat pulls etc.

Hope this helps a little.

p.s dont let anyone put you down x
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way you do! I could use some arm muscles, and I always think my thighs are too think for my body...I wouldn't say they are 'big" but I just think they are not proportioned for me! Here is the workout I have been doing for the last few weeks. I just took my measurements for the first time last week so I am excited to measure again so see if there is a difference (especially since the scale has not moved much in the past month!).

On this website I do 25 of the... (http://2012lastfatyear.blogspot.ca/2012_01_01_archive.html)
    -In and Outs
    -Bicycles
    -Crunchy Frogs
    -Scissor Kicks
    -Hip Butt Ups
    -Heels to Heavens
    -Kayakers

Then I also do
    -Crunches
    -Leg swings (x25) (sit on the edge of a chair with legs straight out and swing them up and down alternately)
    -Wall Squat (30-60 seconds)
    -Plank (I add 25 leg lifts while in this position) (http://weightloss.allwomenstalk.com/best-exercises-for-a-perfect-butt/18/)
    -Leg lifts (laying on your side, I do a set (25) lifting the top leg and then a set (25) lifting the bottom leg)
    -Push Ups (usually about 15-20) (I do them on the stairs for now until I get more strength to do the real ones, lol)
    -Burpees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjCgoa7C01M&feature=related) Skip to about 3 minutes 40 seconds for an example
    -I jog up stairs (10 minutes)

I am doing the burpee challenge right now where you do 1 burpee on day 1, 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3, etc. If you skip a day you make them up the next day and you don't have to do them all at once, just have to get them all in each day. I am up to day 24 now! for the crunches I do 100+ (at least 2 sets of 30 one set of 40) and for the kayakers i do 150+ (at least 3 sets of 50) and I just stick those in between some of the leg exercises to give my legs a little break. This usually takes me (doing everything but the stairs, I do those on a break at work) about 20-25 minutes.

ETA: My focus is trying to tone my thighs, butt, and abs. And the push ups (on the stairs and in the burpee's) are the only things I do right now for my arms (I don't have access to weights right now).
  • Moniqua1
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    wow, rude. And there's nothing wrong with some nice thick thighs! :D

I am the exact same. I have little tiny skinny arms and then big thighs lol. I lift weights and I'm trying to "bulk" right now but my arms and shoulders are not getting even remotely bigger lol. Only when I flex. Seems like whenever I gain weight it will only go to my legs.
  • Moniqua1
    Options
    wow, rude. And there's nothing wrong with some nice thick thighs! :D

I am the exact same. I have little tiny skinny arms and then big thighs lol. I lift weights and I'm trying to "bulk" right now but my arms and shoulders are not getting even remotely bigger lol. Only when I flex. Seems like whenever I gain weight it will only go to my legs.

Me too! I started eating my 1200 cal to build muscle and gained a half inch on my waist, not my arms! I do tons of cardio, legs get thicker with muscle. Ugh. Never ending battle! I suppose I just have to live and love it. Can't fight genetics!