What is your NSV?

Options
I know a lot of us are obsessed with getting down to that final number, but what have been your non-scale victories? I had one this weekend. I bought a beautiful shirt 7 years ago. it ran kind of small and I never wore it because it was tight in the arms and it was not comfortable. I kept it anyway with the hope that one day...I'd wear it. Going through my closet looking for something else I thought I could fit into, (which I think I gave away. :(...) I came across this shirt again. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. My arms aren't snug! It was an NSV for me because I have thought many times that my arms were a part of my body that weren't changing...but they did. :bigsmile:

What is some NSV's you have experienced?

Replies

• LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great NSV!!

Mine would have to be having my Mom look at me and say "wow, you look amazing! I can't absolutely tell you've been working hard." since before MFP I lost 6 lbs, I've lost a total of 16 lbs and wasn't sure I saw many changes but I'm reassured that there has been! It's great having support.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I was in the pool the other day with my 14 yr old daughter. I was sitting on the ladder and she looked at me and said "how are you sitting on the ladder? When I sit there I have to sit sideways". So she gets on and sure enough her hips are just a little too wide to sit on the ladder without turning sideways a little. I get back on and sit straight on the ladder! I was so shocked that my hips had slimmed down that much I could have fell of the ladder!! :flowerforyou:
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great NSV!!

Mine would have to be having my Mom look at me and say "wow, you look amazing! I can't absolutely tell you've been working hard." since before MFP I lost 6 lbs, I've lost a total of 16 lbs and wasn't sure I saw many changes but I'm reassured that there has been! It's great having support.

Congrats on your loss! I agree it's great having support. Nothing makes you feel more outstanding than someone saying that you look great and have worked your butt off and it shows! Best of luck to you.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Not snoring anymore and tightening my belt another notch every 3-5 weeks
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    There is this gentleman where I work that saw me a few weeks ago and told me I look like I've lost weight and now everytime he sees me he calls me Miss Skinny. I still have a way to go but it sounds nice :)
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Congrats! :smile:
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    I was in the pool the other day with my 14 yr old daughter. I was sitting on the ladder and she looked at me and said "how are you sitting on the ladder? When I sit there I have to sit sideways". So she gets on and sure enough her hips are just a little too wide to sit on the ladder without turning sideways a little. I get back on and sit straight on the ladder! I was so shocked that my hips had slimmed down that much I could have fell of the ladder!! :flowerforyou:

Congrats!!!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't have any boob "muffin top" spilling over my bra!
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't have any boob "muffin top" spilling over my bra!

:laugh: been there. Also glad my backfat has pretty much disappeared!
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    I think mine would be that I have discovered all these muscles I never knew or saw before! Like my upper arms have this curve now that I've never had in my life, my legs are strong and I can RUN!!! Never been a runner, back in my "skinnier" days I never saw a reason too....the. With my weight gain and back problems I never thought it would be possible, but I can! And it feels freaking amazing!!! :cry: <---happy tears
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I took some pics to see the difference between my start and finish of 30DS, (I have them on my profile) and I sent them to a friend of mine to check and make sure they looked ok. Anywhooo, her husband can't believe the difference. He sees me 2-3 times a week when my friend and I walk, but I guess from seeing me slowly lose the weight he didn't notice. I guess he kept telling her that he can't believe how much I have changed in just the last couple of months. I actually have some muscle tone now. It feels good to know someone (who I will admit isn't the most observant person on the planet) noticed. It isn't all in my head.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    One of the Black Belts at the dojo I attend asked me the other day if I'd lost weight. I was so shocked that anyone would be able to notice, since I'd only just started losing weight again and had only lost 5-10lbs (even looking at pictures, I couldn't really notice a difference), that I could only respond with "I hope so!" I haven't seen him since to ask him what he noticed that was different, but that made my evening.

I also noticed this morning that my back and sides seem more flat. :)
  • Nene2404
    Nene2404 Posts: 29
    Options
    Two NSVs in one week....
    1.bought a new pair of blue jean shorts in the "Normal" section of the store (haven't done that in 8 years)
    2. A coworker who knows all about my journey with MFP offered me a cupcake, and when I turned down the chocolate deliciousness, she called me a not so nice name (yep, the B word).
    I've gotta say it was a great feeling, knowing that someone else was jealous of the success I'm having. I'm encouraging the ladies at work to join the MFP community so we can tackle this journey together. It's so much easier when you've got a support system in place.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    that my dr, who hasn't seen me in 6 weeks (i just did 30 days logging in) said that i looked healthier than when he last saw me (even tho we're coming up to TOM) and asked if i'd lost weight! I haven't lost weight but maybe i'm getting some muscles back
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    big one last night, my brand new (okay maybe 2 month old) size 14 jean shorts… came off and back up without undoing them! i just still can't seem to reconcile in my head that they are NOT the 16's i've worn for years! and now they are getting too small! hubby has mixed emotions, soo proud but now he's (very jokingly) pouting about only getting socks for the next year as i'll need new clothes so often! i haven't been this small since high school!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have to wear a belt with my shorts and my ex wife told me the other day that I need to stop losing that I'm getting too skinny. She's never had a nice thing to say to me in the past.
  • betterby30
    betterby30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today I was eating lunch with a (very blunt) coworker and we were talking about baking (one of my great loves!). I do bake a lot, and she said "It's amazing that you're not obese." Now this is not true, but it made me feel great that she didn't view me as obese! Win!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The best one for me was a while ago, but it still makes me super happy.

I went to my husbands office to have lunch with him and ran into one of his coworkers I hadn't seen in a while. She had obviously dropped a decent amount of weight and I thought she looked great, so I told her. She then replied, "Well I have you to thank. I was so inspired by how great you look after dropping so much weight that I decided it was time for me to do the same."

I kid you not, I literally had tears in my eyes.

Best. Feeling. Ever.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Not lost any weight but I'm about the lose these pants! They're falling off! Guess I'm losing inches instead :)
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    school clothes shopping today with my 12 year old daughter and some of the shirts she picked out fit me!!! not that i would wear teenager clothes but the solid print tees are so sharable - she's been borrowing shirts out of my closet a lot lately too :noway: