Best Non Dairy Protein Powder?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
Soya is out of the question, been looking at hemp and rice protein powder, including those on sunwarrior... I want to know which is the most filling and the most beneficial, as I would be hoping to make shakes and ice cream with it so it needs to have a reasonable taste and come in flavours.

Anyone?

Replies

• Vaen26
    Vaen26 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I really like the Sun Warrior Blend of Pea Protein, Hemp, and Cranberry protein (I know!). It also has medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil. Great for metabolic function. The vanilla tastes great and it is only 84 calories a serving. You can find it at any Vitamin Shoppe. Plant Fusion is also great. It has a little sugar but it is all from fructose, a low glycemic fruit sugar (I'm sure you already know this). It is a mixture of pea protein, sprouted quinoa protein, sprouted amaranth protein, and artichoke protein. I hope that helps. I use the blends simply because they have a more optimal amino acid profile.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yeah already looked at the pea and hemp protein mix and was interested.
    Though chocolate would be my ideal flavour to curb chocolate cravings.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I use Prarie Naturals Rice Protein in Cafe Caramel flavour. It's the only one I've found that I can stomach. The chocolate types I've found have a weird aftertaste that I just can't stomach.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone brought this up! Thanks for posting.
  • glenn1barber
    Options
    has anyone tried egg protein?
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Vega Sport Performance Protein.

The best! I have Chocolate & Vanilla, love them

Here's the link so you check out the nutrition info ('key ingredients' under the picture) - http://vegasport.com/en/recover/performance-protein
  • msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Vega Sport Performance Protein.

The best! I have Chocolate & Vanilla, love them

Here's the link so you check out the nutrition info ('key ingredients' under the picture) - http://vegasport.com/en/recover/performance-protein

THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^ I am hooked on the vanilla :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like pea protein but not for the flavor--I have to blend it with fruit, rarely with just coffee. I want to try a blend they make on TrueNutrition.com. It seems cheaper. I haven't used that site myself but some on here recommend it. You can custom make your protein powder and flavor.
  • jenzsd
    jenzsd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Out of the non-dairy protein powders I've tried, I like SunWarrior Warrior Blend (vanilla) the best. I would love to be able to use Vega, but the cost is too much for me. I've been able to get SunWarrior on special at the Vitamin Shoppe, and since I'm the only one who uses it, it can last me awhile.

Before SunWarrior, I liked (and still like) LifeTime Life's Basics Plan Protein (vanilla) (pea, hemp, rice protein w/ chia seed). When I was using it before, I don't THINK it had the chia seed in it, but I can't be 100% sure I'm remembering correctly. To me LifeTime had the best taste in terms of taste and texture.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Egg is the best non-dairy from a protein quality standpoint.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Nutiva Hemp Protein powder. It is about $15 for 30oz, which is a lot more reasonable than other non-dairy powders. I buy mine (the one with fiber) on Amazon through their subscribe and save program.
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    I am using Nutiva Hemp powder in vanilla. I really like it in smoothies :) I have tried Vega, but prefer Nutiva so far.