Struggling through insanity?

Options
am i the only one who cant get through the last 20 min er so (give or take ) of the work out i try so hard and i the only one who just cant go on? i got about 5 min further than usual ive been at it a week! i want some kind of sign that im getting better already sigh :( i feel horrible that i cant get through one dvd other than cardio abs!

Replies

• sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What day are you on? Can you not go on physically or is it mental? I know that if I freak myself out about the workout it's so much more difficult to get through. I just finished day 10. It has been extremely difficult but I just go at my own pace and take breaks if needed. I get a little better each day. If you are enjoying it I say keep pressing play and do as much as you can. Modify as needed. Take more water breaks. Good luck!
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    You just have to keep the DVD on and walk away for a water break, then jump right back in. You can't turn the exercise on with that mindset...you have to think that you can do this!

The first 2 weeks were horrible, I know that first week I almost handed in the towel after the warmup, but I didn't give up...I walked away from the TV a lot, but it does get easier, I have more stamina, and I'm getting there...you can too!!!!!
  • SpiffyMom87
    SpiffyMom87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i get down if i take to many breaks but one step at a time right! and yes the warm up is a work out in its own right!
  • SpiffyMom87
    Options
    well im on week two i guess and ive skipped two days before from being so sore but now its been on track more or less my goal has been to make it through plyometrics cardio circuit.
  • sarahrobin
    Options
    Plyo kills me! That was my workout last night. I hate that one. I would rather do Pure Cardio 2x. I feel great once I'm done, though! Keep at it. Believe you can do it! A month ago I would have never thought I could do it but I have! This fat chick is doing Insanity! I love it! Keep pushing play and do the best that you can!
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you physically can't get through an entire workout, you are trying too hard. Slow down, it isn't a race and you don't need to "keep up" with anyone, including the people on the DVD. Ease yourself into it. As far as cardio goes, you are better off doing 40 minutes at half speed than 20 minutes at full speed. Just don't give up on the program.
  • ARMYDree
    ARMYDree Posts: 12
    Options
    What I do is just stop for a min and then get back in, mine issue is mental I tell myself I cant do it then I'm screwed, I think with insanity its all in your mind set! keep going you can do it push a little harder everyday, one more push up or squat jump!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I pretty much agree with the others. Don't feel as though you need to keep up with everyone. You don't. Go at your own pace and take breaks when you need to. I'm on Week 3, Day 1 and I still don't get through a workout 100%. I try to keep my breaks limited to no longer than 10-15 secs and then jump right back in. It's an intense workout so slow down if you need to. Good luck!
  • SpiffyMom87
    Options
    thats good to know im not the only one taking breaks. i guess i was worried that taking breaks like that would hinder my work out efforts/ results. hopefully i can get through this a better me and no more doing plyo everyday! maybe ill do better after a few more weeks thanks guys!
  • sarahrobin
    Options
    thats good to know im not the only one taking breaks. i guess i was worried that taking breaks like that would hinder my work out efforts/ results. hopefully i can get through this a better me and no more doing plyo everyday! maybe ill do better after a few more weeks thanks guys!

Are you following the calendar? If I did Plyo every day I would have quit the first day! I am following the calendar and it is such a nice mix of things.
  • SpiffyMom87
    Options
    im going to now! when we started we were following it and then to test ourselves i guess we said hey lets just try and make it through the 1st dvd then we will be better able to get through the 60days im on a week of plyo as often as 5 days a week lol if we feel defeated we do cardio abs or recovery but thats been it i dread my work out. note to self sean T knows what hes doing
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you could just pop in the DVD and easily get thru the workouts, Beachbody would have called it "The Completely Sane, Totally Doable Workout". But that's not the name of it, is it? And it's certainly not how they market it at 2am on the off brand channels.

We all struggled to finish. My first time thru I couldn't get thru until late in week 3, which is right about when the Max DVDs starting bringing the hammer.

Each day try to get further and take less breaks than the day before. Enjoy the struggle. Once you've completed it, you'll look back and realize the struggle is the most rewarding part.
  • SpiffyMom87
    Options
    D'awwwww thats was kinda sweet!