Workout Music

Options
mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
I wasn't sure which forum to put this under but hoping you'll all still respond. I am looking to amp up my workout playlist and would love some song recommendations from you! My music tastes are very open but when it comes to working out I do enjoy more upbeat songs, songs that are going to make me want to push my limits to keep up with the beat. I would love if you gave specific song titles and with the artist, rather just an artist name. Makes searching for them a whole lot easier :)))

Throw em at me! :)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I don't like music to distract me from my work out, I like to focus on the task at hand.

That being said try some nature sounds birds chirping that zones me out when I'm doing yoga.
  • katiegregory23
    katiegregory23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Turbulence by Steve aoki & laidback Luke is a great boost if you need it!
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    I dont like Kanye West as much, but his new song "Mercy" pumps me up so much while im in the gym!
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    Comback by Redlight King
  • ChelleFeegan
    ChelleFeegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My gym playlist consists of 30 seconds to mars, lost prophets, my chemical romance and then Train.. Some maroon 5.... :)
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't like music to distract me from my work out, I like to focus on the task at hand.

That being said try some nature sounds birds chirping that zones me out when I'm doing yoga.

Yeah everyone is different, if I'm doing strength training or cardio it helps me immensely, but for yoga calming sounds are much needed I agree.
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I'm running I like to listen to music which has rhythms in it which aren't to slow, especially when I already ran a while and start to get tired.
    There are some songs by zaz which I really like in the moment.

My top 3 in the moment are "Je veux" by zaz, "When the storm ends" by Snow Petrol and "Take me home" by Phil Collins, those drums give me the power to go on. :)
  • robbieheslop
    robbieheslop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Some I have on mine ....

Fighter - Christina Aguilera :P

J.Lo - Papi

Magnetic Man - I Need Air
  • kenh14
    kenh14 Posts: 19
    Options
    I like to listen to upbeat music while working out too. Here are some on my playlist:
    Work It Out - Pitbull
    Shake - Pitbull
    Work Hard, Play Hard - Tiësto
    I Just Wanna Run - The Downtown Fiction
    Move Shake Drop - DJ Laz

Hope it helps! :)
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I always seem to say the same thing when this thread starts anew but my all time go to song is "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley. I have it on my playlist to start about 20 minutes into my elliptical (or outdoor biking). Its a little over 6 minutes and you can not beat the tempo or the feeling you get when you hear it. I always feel so invigorated when the words "Come on, come on, Come on, come on, Come on, come on start singing in my ear. I would love to hear from someone that tries this song and gets the same reaction.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The Fighter, by Gym Class Heroes
    Titanium, by David Guetta
    On the Floor, J Lo
  • stephardy
    stephardy Posts: 7
    Options
    I listen to the Some Nights album by Fun. All the songs have an awesome beat that's good to follow, and the album is 45 minutes long....perfect for my workouts!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been using Suz's couch 2 5K podcasts, but if you're not doing the program, she does list her tracks on her page and it might give you some ideas. I love them - it's not typically my kind of music, but they're perfect to working out to. Black Eyed Peas and Rihanna are both good for cardio, imo.

http://www.kissmyblackass.org/podcasts/couch-to-5k/
  • ScottFree_66
    ScottFree_66 Posts: 200
    Options
    if your into rock and want something to really AMP you up... try:

pantera - vulgar display of power (album)
    Disturbed - the sickness (album)
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Spin class would be fast mixed techno or house, for the Versa Climber, anything 156 bpm or more to keep a high rhythm, if I'm road cycling I try to listen to traffic to stay alive, if I'm mountain biking music plugged into my ears throw off my balance and my wheels sometimes end up above me rather than on the ground.

I prefer Cross Fade, Five Finger Death Punch, RAINS, All That Remains, Deadmaus, Tiesto, the dub step album Circus One, and other similar artists.