Cauliflower Popcorn

Options
Saw this recipe in a magazine and thought it sounded good and easy to make! Will try it one day. (:

Cauliflower Popcorn

Ingredients:
(Makes 12 bites)

1 head cauliflower
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt

1) Preheat oven to 425 deg F (about 220 deg C) .
2) Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems. Trim remaining cauliflower into florets the size of golf balls. In a large bowl, add cauliflower, olive oil and salt. Toss thoroughly.
3) Spread cauliflower on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean-up). Roast for 1 hour, or until florets become golden brown (the browner they are, the sweeter they'll be). Turn 3 or 4 times during roasting.
4) Use crumpled aluminium foil or paper towels to create a false bottom in your popcorn container, fill with cauliflower and serve immediately.

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Nice :)
  • VanessaKRDSHN
    Options
    AMAZING!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Saw this recipe in a magazine and thought it sounded good and easy to make! Will try it one day. (:

Cauliflower Popcorn

Ingredients:
    (Makes 12 bites)

1 head cauliflower
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 tbsp salt

1) Preheat oven to 425 deg F (about 220 deg C) .
    2) Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems. Trim remaining cauliflower into florets the size of golf balls. In a large bowl, add cauliflower, olive oil and salt. Toss thoroughly.
    3) Spread cauliflower on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean-up). Roast for 1 hour, or until florets become golden brown (the browner they are, the sweeter they'll be). Turn 3 or 4 times during roasting.
    4) Use crumpled aluminium foil or paper towels to create a false bottom in your popcorn container, fill with cauliflower and serve immediately.

The recipe I use uses real butter. I prefer to use Kerry Gold Garlic butter for this recipe and it is amazingly delicious.
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    sounds great!...I think I saw this on a show once! ;-)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You are so fabulous for posting this. I saw a video on youtube on how to make this and it looks tremendous;

cauliflower popcorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nNi2q_63U

Note: her videos are kinda, uhhh...you'll see
  • upwiththesun
    Options
    wow, I love Cauliflower. Thanks!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Mmmm!
  • rsmugala
    rsmugala Posts: 35
    Options
    I bake rinsed chickpeas with a little olive oil spray and chili powder and salt, they bake up crunchy, its a great alternative to something like popcorn or corn nuts.
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, i cant wait to try it.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We have this at least once a week as a side dish, but I cut down on the oil and salt by substituting PAM for the olive oil and freshly ground black pepper and Olde Thompson organic no salt seasoning for the salt.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    this reminds me of the caulifower popper recipe from weight watchers - it's yummy!

Ingredients:
    1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 head(s) (medium) uncooked cauliflower
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp chili powder, or more to taste
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Cut cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces (there should be about 4 cups). Place cauliflower in a medium bowl and add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; toss well to coat.

Spread cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and bake until cauliflower is tender, but not mushy, stirring halfway through, about 10 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WinLee
    WinLee Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump....yummy
  • madmama40
    madmama40 Posts: 42
    Options
    bump
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I made roasted cauliflower last night and it does not take an hour, especially at that temp. It takes 20 -30 mins max.
  • acquiescent
    Options
    bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You are so fabulous for posting this. I saw a video on youtube on how to make this and it looks tremendous;

cauliflower popcorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nNi2q_63U

Note: her videos are kinda, uhhh...you'll see

BTW...her cauliflower popcorn is raw, not cooked.
  • acquiescent
    Options
    bump