Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is/was your dream job?

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Mine have always been medical..., Pediatric psychiatrist, endocrinologist and then it became ALL about biochemistry. Got my degree and planned to run away with the peace corps a few years. But had a baby instead

Now... I dont really know! I'd love to be a million things.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I want to have my own restaurant.

Which serves only soup and grilled cheese.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    What I do: Computer Systems Engineer and Professional Cat Herder

What I want to do: Full time photographer

Um, what is a Cat Herder? I didn't think cats migrated?
  • bfaner
    bfaner Posts: 3
    if dream job could be turned into reality,one would be blessed!

Top two: Disney artist .......... own a fitness fun center where a workout feels like a vacation! :smile:
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I want to have my own restaurant.

Which serves only soup and grilled cheese.

I would eat at your restaurant. I love grilled cheese with soup!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I am a psych nurse and love it (most days)!

I would love to run a bed and breakfast or be a travel writer!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    I always said that a beer or mattress tester would be the easiest. Dream job is Mila Kunis' trophy husband or Hawaiian Tropics swimsuit judge.
  • sirisaac87
    sirisaac87 Posts: 33
    Entrepreneur -- Start a Software Engineering firm -- Eventually develop into a corporation as big as Apple
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    I'm going to drive the monorail in Disney World when I retire :-)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,164 Member
    Internet researcher. I love to go looking for information that people need. And, more often than not, I am successful.
    Broadway actress. Always loved performing on the stage.
    Shop owner. Would love to have my own little gift boutique.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Labor and delivery Nurse!!!!

BUt I'm happy to be a SAHM to my 5 kids right now :)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Working with cheetahs at the zoo.
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    when i was a kid, i wanted to be a veterinarian. but then i worked with a veterinarian after high school and changed my mind about that quickly. veterinarians have more bills than i care to be bothered with. having a personal AND business life with bills would jus drive me nuts.

so now i have no dream job.i guess ill come up with another one one day but honestly the way work is now, i dont think i could be happy working anywhere
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    My dream job is (and always has been) teaching. No career is more rewarding than that, in my opinion.

The only thing that's changed in terms of my dream job is what grade I want to teach... it went from high school to middle school in just one semester.

I just finished school this past May... now if only I could find a teaching job in my field I'll be all set.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Makeup Artist.

I am on my way. Was just hired by MAC Cosmetics but I have to work up to a permanent position which has been stressful... But I will get there if it kills me!
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    My dream job will happen in May of 2013 when I get my RN license!!! Can't wait. :)
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Crime Scene Detective
    Author

I'm a teacher...and I love it, but the above would be "dream" jobs:)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Health Psychologist
    Wellness coordinator
    Counselor
    Outreach Ministry
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    I would love to be an illustrator, but I don't have the people skills to go freelance and no college credentials to land a job at a company.

Also wouldn't mind working with cats but like there's a market for a cat daycare or cat sitter outside of when people go out of town.

I'm not very good with people and I'm emotionally unstable so even my dream jobs are limited by this.
  • cajun1973
    cajun1973 Posts: 1 Member
    My dream career has always to be an actress. I did theater in high school and college. I've done performances in school and a two movies. One with a speaking role and one as an extra (Three Can Play That Game). I also did two commercials. I also wanted to be a reporter. I got close....I worked for two news stations, but I didn't assert myself enough to make it happen. That's a regret of mine.
    Now I do freelance journalism and I even have a few on air interviews. I actually was noticed by VH1 and one of my freelance interviews with Chili was actually re-aired on her show What Chili Wants.