Belly fat-Killing foods

Options
Lilie555
Lilie555 Posts: 49 Member
Today I found a list of some foods that help you loose fat that around you belly, arms, tights, etc...:

Avocados

Nuts

Olive/Coconut Oil

Broccoli

Cauliflower

Brussels Sprouts

Kale

Cabbage

Eggs

DARK CHOCOLATE 78%+ cocoa

Oat Meal

Green Tea

Beans

Strawberries

Raspberries

Blackberries

Cinnamon

Chilli Peppers

YOGURT

Wild Salmon

Healthy kinds of beef and chicken

Ok and here is why....
1. Avocados: These little suckers are loaded with two
nutrients that are KEY to killing belly fat: hungercrushing
fiber (11 to 17 grams per avocado!), and
monounsaturated fats, which studies have shown to
actually “spot reduce” belly fat. Zowie!
2. Peanut Butter: Okay, not just peanut butter, but
mostly any seeds and nuts (these are the best):
pistachios, walnuts, almonds (or almond butter),
pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds.
Why? They keep you full and satisfied for long
periods of time, and they’re stuffed with healthy, belly-burning fats and minerals.
3. Crisco: KIDDING! Just seeing if you were paying attention. That stuff is deadly. Healthy
oils like olive oil, coconut oil and brand names like Udo’s Oil and Barlean’s Oil (I like the
swirl flavors) actually help you burn fat by supplying healthy oils your body needs to burn
body blubber.
4. These Veggies: Turns out certain
vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, and cabbage contain
special phytonutrients, such as indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which help to fight against
environmental estrogens that can add belly fat. Mom was right…eat your veggies!
5. Omelets: Eggs aren’t bad, they’re nutrient-dense and loaded with belly-burning protein,
vitamins B6, B12, A, D, E, and K, folate, choline, lutein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc,
and omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, they keep you full for long periods of time. Choose eggs
that come from free-range chickens. You’ll get more healthy nutrients.
6. Dark Chocolate: That is not a typo. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants (nearly
eight times the number found in strawberries) and it contains stimulants that can have a
positive effect on fat burning, including theobromine and caffeine. It also contains a nice
dose of oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat. Make sure to choose the 78% or
higher cocoa levels for best results.
7. Oatmeal: Packed with fiber and whole-grain goodness, you can’t go wrong. Just be sure
to avoid the processed, high-sugar junk out there and stick to slow-cook oats. Add a dash
of cinnamon, some walnuts, berries, and a natural sweetener to taste. BAM! Good stuff.
11 Get The Complete Belly Fat Free Program at BellyFatFree.com/quicktips/
8. Green Tea: Not only does it contain a potent antioxidant, many scientific studies have
linked green tea to increased fat burning, including a report in the American Journal of
Clinical Nutrition that found green tea extract boosted the daytime metabolism of test
subjects by 35- 43%.
9. Beans: Black beans, navy beans, refried beans, and lima beans all have 6 or more grams
of fiber per ½ cup. Fiber can clean your system of pounds of “toxic waste” and reduce
your belly bulge in a big way. (See “Sneaky Trick #5” for details.)
10. Berries: Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are loaded with fiber (which slows
sugar absorption), and they’re packed with vitamins that can fight cravings (cravings can
come from vitamin deficiencies).
11. Cinnamon: Researchers have found that cinnamon contains a type of antioxidant that
increases insulin sensitivity and effectively helps to stabilize blood sugar. Bottom line…
you’ll store less belly fat.
12. Chili Peppers: Studies have shown that the active ingredient in chili peppers and powder,
something called capsaicin, increases calorie-burning, stabilizes blood sugar levels (which
decreases fat storage), and is a potent antioxidant. Add some of this “spice” to your life.
13. Yogurt: Most regular yogurt is bad for your belly. It’s loaded with belly-bulging sugar (real
or artificial) that you want to avoid it. However, Greek yogurts like Stoneyfield Farms Oikos
Greek Yogurt (plain) are loaded with probiotics that fight belly bulge. (See “Sneaky Trick
#6.”)
14. Wild Salmon: Hands-down one of the best belly-blasting foods because of its protein and
high omega-3 fatty acid content. This is like a “double shotgun approach” to killing belly
fat. Many people are deficient in omega-3s and when they add them to their diet the fat
can really start coming off.
15. Giant Turkey Legs: You got me. I’m pulling your leg. (Get it?) I’m not just talking about
turkey meat (white preferred), but any lean protein source is a good belly-blasting food.
This includes wild salmon, free-range chicken, whey protein powders, and most especially
grass-fed beef because it contains natural CLA—a fat that studies have actually shown to
burn fat. The interesting thing about protein is your body will burn off as much as 30% of
its calories after you eat it.

Has anyone heard of these before?

Do they really work or no? Whats your opinion?

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Impossible. You can't spot fat-loss or gain.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Superfoods - yes, very nutritious foods that you could certainly build a diet around. Not sure about the belly fat specifically, but it will work as long as you keep it under your calories and have reasonable portions of things. And they are full of nutrients to make your metabolism run well, and sooooo yummy. Not sure about coconut oil though. I think it has saturated fat.!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    look up cortisol, to many people take the "you can't spot lose" from exercise, which is true, but there is a ton of research showing cortisol does cause "belly fat" and if you can lower the cortisol (thru diet) you can lose "belly fat"

Educate yourself before making statements you are not qualified to make.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Individual food items are not lipolytic by themselves.
  • Lilie555
    Lilie555 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok not exactly the belly fat.. but fat like that, that's around belly, arms, tights.. ect..
  • TurkieFacie
    Options
    Coconut oil actually has the 'good fat' and a lot of doctors, mine included, are staying to stay away from olive oil because it turns into a bad fat when cooked. Haven't done research myself, but I know all the other fruits/berries/nuts are good to go! May not be cause you to lose fat immediately but I'm sure they help overall to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    yes i use them all, its called clean eating :) no you cannot use certain excercises
    to spot lose however eating the right way WILL help you lose belly fat, i'm proof positive
    of that ;)
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump--for later referal
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    They all look like 'filling' foods that work with satiety--our mental evaluation of fullness. I lost my belly when I started lifting weights. I found that when I concentrated on good form, I was tucking my pelvis and engaging my abs.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have been using steak and ice cream with great results.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am confused, are they saying that just eating those foods will help you lose belly fat? or that eating only the food on that list will help you lose BF?
  • Money2005
    Money2005 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list :flowerforyou:
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have read (I think in Prevention?) that foods that are high in monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) somehow help you lose belly fat. Based on my understanding of the article, the MUFAs are particularly adept at helping to get ride of abdominal fat (the kind that surrounds the internal organs and is really BAD).

Not sure how effective it really is, but I like all of the foods they listed (nuts and seeds, oils, avocados, olives, dark chocolate), so I hope it is!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Any foods that you eat while in a deficit from your TDEE help you lose belly fat.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    Any foods that you eat while in a deficit from your TDEE help you lose belly fat.

That's always been the case with me!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    look up cortisol, to many people take the "you can't spot lose" from exercise, which is true, but there is a ton of research showing cortisol does cause "belly fat" and if you can lower the cortisol (thru diet) you can lose "belly fat"

Did you not read the entire post? -- She was ASKING about this list, not posting it as a list to follow. Honestly.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Brb taking Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione and getting rid of belly fat without eating in a caloric deficit
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

I'm looking up any scientific studies about this and I'm not seeing any. What reputable, peer-reviewed medical journals are these cortisol and belly fat studies published in?
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I'm looking up any scientific studies about this and I'm not seeing any. What reputable, peer-reviewed medical journals are these cortisol and belly fat studies published in?
    I am pretty sure i heard something about this from Dr. Oz
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump