is anyone doing IF (Intermittent Fasting) ?

Options
its kinda weird but somehow that way of eating is working better for me then the six meals a day type of thing.
i got good resultf from that but man IF is way way better

gonna be intresting if more people are doing IF

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    There have been a few good threads on this topic in the last week. If you search IF, you'll get boatloads of information from people that are doing it. I've been doing it for 5 months and have dropped 39lbs., but I also eat well, work out and count my calories. It's not a magic fix, it just makes sticking to your plan easier.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I personally do not think that is good for your body. You need to eat to fuel your body.
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

I am not currently on a IF plan, however i have been pointed to this link. I think more verified (research proven) knowledge you have on anything the better off you are. I think this article has some very good information, long but worth a read.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I personally do not think that is good for your body. You need to eat to fuel your body.

Look at the pics of people doing IF. ALOT OF THEM look good and are NOT STARVING. ME included.

;)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Insta starvation mode
  • LiZzie1917
    LiZzie1917 Posts: 65
    Options
    I started two yesterday. I am eating from 10-6 and 16 hrs fast. I'm curious to see if it works but after blowing my carb limit yesterday, I still was down a lb. :)
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    thread lock incoming
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Insta starvation mode

Hardly ANYONE in this country knows what starvation mode is.

And as a child who grew up in the Appalachians...with a mom on foodstamps and a dad in jail.... I remember getting ONE Frakking meal a day of a slice of governmen cheese and some bread.

sometimes for dinner we'd have bread with butter and sugar on top.

I know what starvation mode is.. and what I do NOW is NOT THAT.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    70 days on Fast-5 (19/5) and lost 36 lbs. 21 more to go. Haven't missed a day. Easier than I thought possible and I get to feel satisfied every day.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I personally don't think you know what intermittent fasting is. :bigsmile:

You are eating the same amount of calories. I do lean gains 16x8 or anywhere from 20x4 IF and workout everyday. I got fuel baby. I also got striations. Making all sorts of rips. YEAH BUDDY
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Id like to try this but my schedule would make it next to impossible to stick to. :(
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Id like to try this but my schedule would make it next to impossible to stick to. :(

Which this? What schedule makes it impossible? There are more forms of IF than there are problems in a math book. One of them would fit you.

My plan is typically 19/5 but there is no police force. Mode the hours around as your schedule requires. I chose to eat from 5pm to 10 pm, but it could be ANY 5 hours. or 6 or 7 if I needed it to be that. Don't sell out before you've really explored. There is an IF FAQ, and it has lots of good links in it to explore.
  • marinweb
    marinweb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to try IF, any places other than the leangains site to get good info?
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Look up the IF group right here on MFP. Check out the FAQ or just browse through previous threads.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am doing a variation of IF. It helped last time I tried it (I fell away from it, no good reason, just did), and now I'm doing it again. I allow fat in my coffee in the morning, and am eating in the evening after workout time.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Insta starvation mode

Man, you're crazy. I tried it this morning and I insta-bulked.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yes I do IF and I agree it seems to help me so much more!
  • arock1000
    arock1000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to try IF, any places other than the leangains site to get good info?

Read Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon
    I do IF most of the time - I'm on about 1,300/1400 calories and I really like using the calories for more food at lunch/dinner and some snacks (1-8). Instead of 300 for B, L, D I can have 500 for L, D and 300 for snacks.
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yep - and LOVING it.
    Still on the same daily calorie intake, just squeezed into a smaller time frame. It ain't rocket science, nor is it depriving your body of 'fuel'.... -.-

I do 6pm -11am fast (so 17/7) and that seems to work well. Sometimes I'll push the fast out to 19 hours and the feeding window to 5.
    So far, brilliant.
    Not missing breakfast in the slightest, still alert and energetic. And I have a bunch of links that I have compiled that I can email to anyone who's interested.
    Just stuff I've come across over the last few weeks...including Lean Gains (which I just keep loving the no-nonsense style more and more every time I sit and read....)
  • TooAbsurd
    TooAbsurd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also do IF and it makes it much easier to hit my calorie and macro targets for the day. I do my lifting around 7am fasted, ignoring BCAA and coffee. Break my fast at noon, and then stop eating close to 8pm. Was hard at first, but now I am not even hungry until 1pm.