SEXERCIZE

Options
1235»

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do, lots of people do, there was a big thread about it when I started it, but mentioning sex is against the Terms and conditions so the post got deleted, hopefully yours will last. :smile:

The general conclusion was if it makes you sweat it was worth posting, that applies to any physical activity not just sex.

If its part of your daily or weekly routine then dont log it. You are cheating yourself. Its only going to burn 200ish calories. Unless you are above average. Only if the activity is outside of your normal routine. should you count it. If you are counting activities that have caloric burn rates every day then you need to adjust your activity level in your settings not count everyday activities.

Light exercise intensity
    Light activity feels easy. Here are clues that your exercise intensity is at a light level:
    You have no noticeable changes in your breathing pattern.
    You don't break a sweat (unless it's very hot or humid).
    You can easily carry on a full conversation or even sing.

Moderate exercise intensity
    Moderate activity feels somewhat hard. Here are clues that your exercise intensity is at a moderate level:
    Your breathing quickens, but you're not out of breath.
    You develop a light sweat after about 10 minutes of activity.
    You can carry on a conversation, but you can't sing.

Vigorous exercise intensity
    Vigorous activity feels challenging. Here are clues that your exercise intensity is at a vigorous level:
    Your breathing is deep and rapid.
    You develop a sweat after a few minutes of activity.
    You can't say more than a few words without pausing for breath.

I needed to see this... thanks for the breakdown of activity.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    but then do you clock watch and say, "just 5 minutes more honey, get me to 300 cals!"

Lol...love it!! :)
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't allow me to record cardiovascular activities in increments of seconds.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    but then do you clock watch and say, "just 5 minutes more honey, get me to 300 cals!"

Lol...love it!! :)

I LOL'd right off of my chair!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    "Honey, I noticed you logged wrestling under MFP today, and we didn't have sex. Who exactly were you wrestling with?"

I see problems with this for some people. Not me of course.
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I use that calculator and created my own "other" exercise haha
  • bwileaver
    bwileaver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You know, it would have to last longer than 2 minutes to count though hmm? :-P
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    what is this sex you speak of is it good exercise ? LOL
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it.
    Are you having sex to exercise/cardio or for another reason?

If it's for another reason - I would not count it calorie wise.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I log it as "Doing laundry"
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm married... married people don't have sex. ;-)

:wink:
    Speak for yourself. I've been married almost 21 years.... still enjoy 'horseback riding' here!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do, lots of people do, there was a big thread about it when I started it, but mentioning sex is against the Terms and conditions so the post got deleted, hopefully yours will last. :smile:

The general conclusion was if it makes you sweat it was worth posting, that applies to any physical activity not just sex.

If its part of your daily or weekly routine then dont log it. You are cheating yourself. Its only going to burn 200ish calories. Unless you are above average. Only if the activity is outside of your normal routine. should you count it. If you are counting activities that have caloric burn rates every day then you need to adjust your activity level in your settings not count everyday activities.

Light exercise intensity
    Light activity feels easy. Here are clues that your exercise intensity is at a light level:
    You have no noticeable changes in your breathing pattern.
    You don't break a sweat (unless it's very hot or humid).
    You can easily carry on a full conversation or even sing.

Moderate exercise intensity
    Moderate activity feels somewhat hard. Here are clues that your exercise intensity is at a moderate level:
    Your breathing quickens, but you're not out of breath.
    You develop a light sweat after about 10 minutes of activity.
    You can carry on a conversation, but you can't sing.

Vigorous exercise intensity
    Vigorous activity feels challenging. Here are clues that your exercise intensity is at a vigorous level:
    Your breathing is deep and rapid.
    You develop a sweat after a few minutes of activity.
    You can't say more than a few words without pausing for breath.
    lol if someone tries to sing during sexercise to find out im pretty sure they would be getting kicked out lol
  • rdelmonte27
    Options
    I just enter it as "brisk walking" or "jogging" or something similar. It is silly that it's not an option under the exercise tab.
  • RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I log it just so when my hubby tells me it has been toooooo long in between, I have a record. Nope, honey, look we had "cardiovascular improvement" on this day :laugh:

This is tooo funny! Made my day!