Want to lose 50-70 lbs? Lets make a team!

Options

Replies

• drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I want to lose another 70 or so.
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your team. I am a 43 year old women of a 19 year old. It is now my time to take care of myself. Been going through some medical and mobility issues and gained too much weight. I can use all the help and motivation. I have one good friend that helps me but , no offense to her, its not enough. Please help. Thank you.

My starting weight on May 18, 2012 was 182 lbs
    My current weight is 178 lbs.
    I would love to weigh at least 140 lbs but want to be 130 lbs.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all! I could have written so many of the previous posts!

I am Jennifer, a 39 yr old mom of 4. I want to lose at least 50 lbs, more like 60.

Height 5"3" - another shortie!
    SW (highest weight): 220
    CW: 202 (lost weight following illness)
    Initial goal - 165 (what I got down to on WW before having kids)
    Even better goal - 150 - hope to hit by July 2013 - my 40th birthday!
    Ultimate goal - 140 (highest "normal" weight for my height

My challenges are balancing work and family, stress/emotional eating, and making time for myself.

I have been walking regularly for a few weeks and feel much better already - just need to stay consistent with the journaling (I really fall of on the weekends).

Thanks all! :smile:
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I know there have been a lot of replies already but if there's room for one more, please add me :)

29 years old (in a week, anyway)
    5'4.5"
    Highest Weight/ Starting Weight: 195
    Current Weight: 173
    Goal: 120 (same as I was in high school)

Also quitting smoking (on day 1)

Edit to add:
    Strong points: healthy cooking, healthy grocery shopping, active on MFP (less so on weekends but still on daily)
    Not-so-strong points: consistent exercise, occasional binger (this has improved a lot though), confidence

If you would like more details, such as my "story" just let me know!
  • apnovack
    apnovack Posts: 40
    Options
    Count me in.

I'm April, 41 years old. Need to lose 50 lbs

Height 5'6"
    SW approx 185
    Goal 145

Biggest challenge for me is motivation. Stresses of new city, new job, new house and my only child going off to college; I've gained 30+ pounds over the last 2 years and so out of shape now.
  • apnovack
    apnovack Posts: 40
    Options
    You go Moxie42! I need to quit smoking also.
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. My name's Aaron, and my wife Victoria and I just started Power 90 and are following the nutrition guide that comes with it in conjunction with MFP. I'm 43 years old, 6' and 276lbs. Want to get to about 180lbs.

I'm keeping a daily blog at MFP and at http://www.fitby45.com and my goal is to be what I consider to be in excellent health and physically fit by January 2014 (or pretty close). Did a body weight loss calculator and if I keep approx 700 calorie deficit I should get there on time. I know how wildly variable that is, of course, but the overall goal is to just reaffirm and commit every day!

Lots of great stories here, and how awesome would it be to look back a year from now and know how much we all supported each other and ROCKED IT!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    You go Moxie42! I need to quit smoking also.

Thanks! :) There's a group if you're interested- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/755-quitting-smoking It's not super-active but there's a handful of us on there. Also, I'm using a great app called "Quit Now" which keeps a counter of your quit time and tells you how many cigs you've not smoked, how much $ you've saved, and how much time you've added to your lifespan. It also tells you when you're reached certain health-recovery milestones. If you want to quit cold turkey, I'd highly recommend a site called whyquit.com and a lot of people swear by a book by Alan Carr called "Easyway to Stop Smoking" though I haven't read it. If you don't want to quit cold turkey, I'd recommend the patches, which worked for me for 6 months (but I kept cheating and eventually started buying packs again about 2 weeks ago).

If you're not ready to quit yet, maybe save these references for later :)
  • lbeachie
    lbeachie Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I would love to join. I'm Louise....I just started posting today on MFP

SW: 247lb (or 112kg for us Aussies)
    GW: 176lb

I have been on this journey for quite awhile and have lost 48lb since my highest weight, had a bit of a break over past year from watching what I am eating but have kept up the exercise with a trainer.

Looking forward to taking this journey with you ll.
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Deb. I have struggled with weight issues for as long as I can remember. I have lost and then gained weight over and over again. As I get older, I really see the need for me to make some serious changes in my life for my health especially. My first goal is to lose about 55 pounds, and then I will see if I would like to lose more weight once I'm there. I am looking forward to reaching my goal along with all of you!

Current weight: 222
    Goal weight: 170
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    I would love to join. Im 5"5 and my mini gol is to loose 35 pounds, then my all time goal is to lose a total of 60 pounds.

Right now in my mind 35 pounds seems more relastic that I could reach vs 60 lol
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Id like to join too! Im 5'7" and have a little less then 60 left to lose. I was doing good for a little bit but im falling back into my old habits. I love supporting people and being encouraged by watching how well everyone is doing so if anyone needs a new friend feel free to add me!
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I'd like to be in this group :)

I'm 5'6 and weigh around 195lbs, I have lost just under 11lbs and my ultimate goal is 130lb.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group if it's not too late...

My name is Jessica. I was an athlete in high school and college, have run a marathon, and was always a fit and happy person.

I've been through a lot in the past few years.... a bad breakup, law school, two bar exams, a stressful job, buying my first home, dealing with bad bouts of anxiety and panic attacks.... I'm definitely an emotional eater, and need to break through that in order to be as successful as I want to be!

Looking to lose 69lbs... starting weight 209, goal weight = 140.

Thanks!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    I really want to make this group personal... so lets start by sharing our names, so we can get to know each other, yes?

Im easy.. My name is Iyonna :) Its all in the nick. Quote me, add your name, and I can make a roster (for those who havent already shared their names).

I gave my bio last week but my real name is Ashley :)
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in if its not too late. My names Nic and I'm 23, I just joined MFP about a week ago.

SW: 190
    GW1: 150 by Christmas
    GW: 135 by the time spring semester ends (early May-ish)
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    hey, add me as a friend & we can encourage each other!! :)
  • dnteach5
    dnteach5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me to this group!! Hi my name is Diane and I am 53. I want to loose 50 or more pounds too. I am currently 5' 6" and 220lbs and would like to get down to 160. I am a mom of 3 adult children. I have struggled with weight all of my married life. After each baby, I would not loose the weight and then the next pregnancy would add more weight. Then when I was done with babies I continued to slowly add weight each year. I need to do something about this. I want more energy and I want to feel better about myself.

I am a definite emotional eater. If I am stressed, sad or upset, I tend to go to food for support. I also just plain love food! For me it is difficult to continue to eat healthy.

My goals for this group
    To get and give support to those trying to loose weight
    To compete to stay motivated
    To share struggles and successes with others who are facing the same problem

Please add me
    Thanks
    Diane
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    Im Kristina... :) anyone can add me to.. Need all the support I can get
  • sammiecw
    sammiecw Posts: 2
    Options
    I know there are already tons of replies, but I would LOVE to be part of a supportive team!

My name is Sammie, I'm 22, and I'm hoping to lose 60 pounds. I've never really paid much attention to what I ate or the amount of physical activity I've done, and years of emotional/bored eating have taken their toll. I think it's time for a change. I want to be healthy!