I think I can! Progress - 25 lbs lost

Options
Megandarae
Megandarae Posts: 42 Member
Hi everyone! I'm a little nervous to post pics but I want to share my progress so far. My Fitness Pal has been amazing! All of you are so inspirational and keep me motivated when I'm feeling disheartened. :flowerforyou:

A little bit about me: I'm 35, a mom of two teenagers and started MFP in February 2012. Since I'm tall, I feel like there hasn't been a hugely noticeable difference in how I look and hardly anyone seems to have noticed... I'm starting to see a difference and so it's keeping me going while I work on reaching my UGW of 145 lbs. I feel like I can do it but I also know I have a long way to go in focusing on having a really healthy diet and becoming more fit and strong - that will probably take some time and serious effort but I am a work in progress!

This is me at my starting weight of 180lbs (I had taken "before" swimsuit pics but deleted them because they were scaring me! And I'm not sure why I had so much bronzer on!):

25zggvd.jpg

This is me yesterday at my current weight of 155lbs:

2z6a1jq.jpg

And a recent face pic:

24bkrif.jpg

Replies

• n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    can definitely see the chance. you look great!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Yep, definitely a difference! You look great!
    Must be frustrating for people around you not to notice, but I'm sure it will hit them soon!
  • Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi your looking great,keep motivated. I am new on here and Seeing the change in you helps to enspire me as well.
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good on you for sharing your success. It has really encouraged me to keep persisting. You look amazing - sincerely stunning eyes, and you have changed your body shape totally. You should be so proud of your achievements, and must be feeling truly great in yourself. What a great example for your teenagers; they have to be totally proud of their mum. Thank you for being brave enough to put yourself out there - your honesty and success have really made my day. Wil
  • ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    the people around you all the time and yourself will not notice right away becasue it happens gradually, it's like watching a puppy grow up, one minute he is all tiny then the next thing you know he is huge and it's like when did this happen.

We see your before and after pics and notice a huge difference becasue we did not see it happen gradually, we seen the before and after, no in between.

Bu trust me, there is a big difference, keep it up!
  • DreamersWifey
    DreamersWifey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    U look awesome!!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticeable!

You have great legs too!:happy:
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl! Keep up the great work!
    Michelle
  • Megandarae
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. I love that we're all in this together!

the Success Stories board is my favorite because I am so inspired by seeing everyone's success!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    **whistling** haha Keep up the great work and congrats on the weight loss
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Ermahgerd. You look ah-mazing. And holy crap, did you shave 15 years off too? Jeebus, you could pass for high school in your last face shot.
  • kathie659
    kathie659 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow you look much younger and healthier in the recent pics! Thanks for posting, I need inspiration!! I too am tall - when I tell people I need to lose weigh (I am in the obese category) they say oh your tall you carry it well). I need to lose 45 lbs to hit the high end of normal.....
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    people you see every day don't notice. Because they just see you. Not how much there is of you.:wink: And they see it come off in increments. They don't get the Wow look what you did, rush. Disheartening, but. That's why we're here. :smile: They will. One day they'll be like hmmm. You look different. Your before and after show a major difference. You are, The Little Engine That DID! We'd love to see the next set of pics.:flowerforyou:
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • Megandarae
    Options
    LOL! You made my morning with "Ermahgerd"! It reminds me of how I laughed and laughed at that "Ermahgerd Kerrerts" meme with the bunny rabbit.
    Thanks!
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    How on earth can your family and friends not NOTICE????? You look stunning:flowerforyou:
  • Megandarae
    Options
    Thank you, so sweet! Seriously, only like four people have said anything! My family knows since they know I'm working on it but other than that - hardly a peep! The first person to notice? My boss! Of all people. I suppose it's more important that I feel good about myself rather than being concerned with what other people think, or don't think :)
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You rock! You look beautiful both before and after! :) Keep up the great work!
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!

Oh, and you're eyes are Gorgeous!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    girl, you look great, way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!