Eggs... How many??

Options
Right, so another rather newbie question from me: I have heard in the past that they say only eat about 3-4 eggs a week. But I love eggs. Close to work we can buy them and they are cheap, quick and gives you enough go to last a few hours.

How many eggs can you eat a week?

Replies

• slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I eat about a dozen a week. Whole eggs...none of this whites only stuff for me.
  • Adara13
    Adara13 Posts: 50
    Options
    Dozen doesn't sound bad. I am around that as well.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    As many as you want. Eggs are full of great nutrition. They are also a nice low cal snack. All the "studies" used to say eggs were too high in cholesterol and you should watch your cholesterol intake. Now all the studies are saying "oops, we were wrong" the cholesterol in eggs is not bad for you.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    As many as you want. Eggs are full of great nutrition. They are also a nice low cal snack. All the "studies" used to say eggs were too high in cholesterol and you should watch your cholesterol intake. Now all the studies are saying "oops, we were wrong" the cholesterol in eggs is not bad for you.

Agree

NHS Link : http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/02February/Pages/Eggsafety.aspx
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

A lot of the studies I have read saying that the cholesterol in eggs isn't bad for you also say that if you have high cholesterol you shouldn't eat more than one egg a day. I don't know why, but that is what they say.

If your cholesterol is fine, I would think two or three eggs a day should be ok.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes eggs have 'good fat' so go for gold on those eggs :)
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    3 eggs a day for me, so that's 21 eggs a week :D

Great protein and fat source. Have them every morning either scrambled or I make an Omelette.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have eaten as many as 6 in a day. It is not uncommon for me to eat 4-5 a day, 5 days a week. I eat AT LEAST 2 every single day. I have done this for years.
  • Ccd1977
    Ccd1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eggs are phenomenal for you. Kelloggs back in the 60's did a study to disprove the breaksfast staple so they could get more market share. They pulverized the egg, fermented it and destroyed all its good fat. They fed this garbage to rats and released the study. The best information for any food is this. If it helps your digestion then eat it. Eggs are the most complex and bioavailable protein on the planet. so eat up.

Then look up paleo and not its not atkins.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 a day. they are healthy! a total superfood.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2 whole eggs a day.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have eaten as many as 6 in a day. It is not uncommon for me to eat 4-5 a day, 5 days a week. I eat AT LEAST 2 every single day. I have done this for years.

This, me 2-Love eggs!
  • Adara13
    Adara13 Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks all for the reply! At the moment I have at least two eggs a day. And I was worried..... But now I am not! Lucky for me I don't have a cholesterol problem!
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always eat 1 whole and 3 whites a day. My husband eats 1 whole and 6 whites a day. We are probably the only people at the grocery store who buy on average 6 dozen cartons of eggs at one time.

Edited to add: I only tend to stick with the whites to keep my fat counts lower, not because of cholesterol. I just really love my peanut butter in my protein shakes, and if I have to give somewhere, it will most definitely always be in the eggs lol
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    4 extra large eggs in a scramble with bacon,cheese and spinach is my daily joy.

Dietary cholesterol will not affect blood serum cholesterol AND 'high' cholesterol is not a reliable marker for heart issues anyway.

We need cholesterol for body maintenance and we make more than we'll ever eat.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I usually eat probably 8 a week. Half dozen hard boiled eggs from work and then two scrambled eggs Saturday morning.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    A lot. Probably around two dozen a week. Breakfast is a no brainer. But eggs are not just for breakfast... For lunch today I had pork chops with quinoa and bell peppers (raw), and I fried an egg to go on top of the pork chops. Mixing the yolk into the quinoa, soooooo good.

Agree with a previous poster: superfood.

I've lost 50 pounds over the past six months, and eggs were a staple of my diet throughout.

--P
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    eat what you like i say. i've eaten like maybe 10-12 in a week before. sometimes i eat none at all.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a whole egg scrambled with 2 egg whites just about everyday.
  • chasity09
    chasity09 Posts: 18
    Options
    i almost eat eggs everyday.. they are good for you!!!