2009 I want to go out swinging

Options
The little devil :devil: on my shoulder is telling me that since I indulged during Christmas that I might as well enjoy myself this week and start fresh after the new year.

Instead, I've decided that I want to end the year with a positive week and give myself a running head start for the new year. I'm committing myself to log everything (good or bad) this week and exercise every day. I'll post daily updates to keep myself accountable.

Let me know if anyone would like to join me.

Also, I'd apprecate any encouragement. There are still homemade Chirstmas tamales in the kitchen, Yikes!

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! i got an hour at the y this morning and i'm loggin faithfully! how about an end of the year challenge? I will take off thurs. night for a party, but I will log right up till then. also, the y is having a three hour workout marathon on new years day that i enrolled in. woohoo!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm with you as well! I gave myself a three-day 'holiday' for Xmas Eve, Xmas and Boxing Day. As of the 27th, though, the gloves were off. Time to start eating better. Spent all day yesterday using the Wii balance board to play various fitness games. Am HURTING today, I must say, lol! I'm determined to start this new year off right.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Great plan. I think a 3 hour workout Friday will "pay" for your Thursday night party. Keep logging!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm in too!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I am fasting completely... water only... I had a banana and will have a light salad later...
    I just eat for 3 days straight, got my friend yesterday and feel HORRIBLE!!!!!!! I didnt' work out this morning, but plan on doing some wii fit tonight...

Here's to a great NEW YEAR:drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well day one I did well on my food, but didn't manage to get any exercise in. Today I'll hit both goals.

Handling the food part is the more difficult of the two.
  • missheidi
    Options
    i'm hanging in there too. If you would like a group to stay accountable to, you can check out the 4 for 5 challenge. its in the motivation area.
  • murvine
    Options
    Your statment( Swinging) pleas know what the meanning of the word,be four you post.Its used as a invite for multpual sex partners. Offcer Gary of the sex crimes unit in Ohio
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • missheidi
    Options
    um, if you say you're "going out swinging" it's a boxing term meaning you aren't giving up. surely you knew this?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Your statment( Swinging) pleas know what the meanning of the word,be four you post.Its used as a invite for multpual sex partners. Offcer Gary of the sex crimes unit in Ohio

Common sense and context would make it obvious that this was not the intended message. Get a grip!:flowerforyou: