Ball Slams

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Check it out...it's my new haircut:

Monday
    AM Gym – Press Pull Workout A:
    Strict Press behind the Neck or Klokov Press (snatch grip press behind the neck) superset with Lat Pulldowns (same grip as press); 50 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less
    Incline Press superset with Bent over barbell rows (Pendlay rows, weight to floor each rep); 50 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less
    Cardio – Elliptical, stair master, or treadmill. Interval training with whatever time remaining
    PM:
    Workout with wife if she’s doing anything

Tuesday
    AM Gym – Legs Workout A:
    1-2 second Pause Squats; 100 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less
    Leg Press; 100 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less
    Cardio – Stationary bike or rowing machine. Steady state cardio with whatever time remaining
    PM:

Wednesday
    AM Gym – Press Pull Workout B:
    Deadlift; Work to max single – 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1
    Bench Press; Work to max single – 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1
    Cardio – Elliptical, stair master, or treadmill. Interval training with whatever time remaining
    PM:
    Workout with wife if she’s doing anything or try to make an hour of karate

Thursday
    AM Gym – Legs Workout B:
    Squat; Work to max single – 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1
    DB Lunges – 100 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less.
    Cardio – Stationary bike or rowing machine. Steady state cardio with whatever time remaining
    PM:

Friday
    AM Gym – Arms and Leftovers:
    Barbell Preacher Curls superset with Skullcrushers – 50 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less
    Barbell Shrugs superset with BW Bench Dips – 50 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less for shrugs. 5 sets of AMRAP for dips
    Good Girl superset with Bad Girl – 100 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less.
    Calf Raises – 100 reps in minimum sets possible, increase weight at 5 sets or less
    No cardio on Fridays, steam room if I have any remaining time
    PM:

Saturday & Sunday
    Karate for 2-7 hours depending on schedule
    250 pushups (split up and done when possible)
  • reallyally1
    Options
    I run 2.5 miles three times a week (I'm trying to work up to 5k) and then I'll do about 20 minutes on the elliptical. On days that I don't run, I'll do incline intervals on the treadmill and then hop on the elliptical, followed by weight training. I also do zumba once a week.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Lots and lots of weights(as heavy as i can manage) plus 1 hours fast hill climbing on the treadmill (speed 6.1 incline from 3.0-13.0)
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Honestly all I do is hit the treadmill. Put the speed on 5mph and jog at a steady pace for about 45-55 minutes. I know it's not much and I should be doing HIIT or weights or whatever but right now this is sustainable for me and I enjoy it. And also burn about 500-860 calories each time. Later on I'll incorporate light weights and other stuff but now this is all.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I follow a program called activtrax. My gym participates with them so they have all of the resistance equipment listed. It gives me a different resistance workout each time and then I finish with cardio on the elliptical. But I find the gym a little boring so I have added bicycle rides.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wont go into details. I'll keep it short and sweet.
    I end every lift session with a mile on the treadmill and possibly a few miles on a stationary bike
    Monday: Chest & Triceps
    Tuesday:(rest/basketball)
    Wednesday: Back & Biceps
    Thursday:Shoulders&Legs
    Friday:rest
    Saturday:Full body workout
    Sunday:Core
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    lately more strength training, more weights, lunges, core exercises, especially planks, dips for arms, usually 30 -40 minutes, cardio wise highest incline of treadmill and speedwalk for 25-30 min, then usually the stair master for 15-20 minutres...although I need a change bad!:yawn:
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    add pull-ups and chin-ups. Don't use the little assistance mechanism. If you can't do a pull-up/chin-up, hold your chin above the bar for as long as you can. Rinse and repeat. Chin-ups and pull-ups are amazing full upper-body workouts that are too often neglected nowadays.

I started focusing on them about a month ago and I'm already seeing a difference in strength and stature.

Rather than use the assist I hold it for as long as I can and then I very slowly and gently lower myself back down the ground and FEEL THE BURN!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My gyms has tons of group fitness classes so its easy to mix it up... zumba, kickboxing, strength, barbell training, step, yoga, pilates.... I've tried everthing. I like to do 3x cardio and 2x weights a week. In between, walking is the best thing you can do. I also love the AMT machines (adaptive motion trainers)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    For me, the gym is about weights, and lots of em. Period. Everything else is just cardio, and I can/would rather do that elsewhere.

Squats, bench, pull-ups, shoulder press, deads, rows.

this.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Weights on the machines (no free weights available at my gym in my complex) and the elliptical at level 3 for 30 minutes - interval hills. This is usually every other day. I also jog but outside. :smile:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    The gym is where I do my weight training. I use the machines as well as the free weights and bars ( LOVE the free weights!). I do very little cardio at the gym- I get SO bored on the treadmill...so most of my cardio is done running outside scaring squirrels!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45 min of cardio followed up by 45-60 min of strength training. There's also the occasional glare at the weight-droppers, which I swear burns calories.

The cardio is either the treadmill or the elliptical, depending on mood and availability. Strength is me hitting each machine doing 3 sets of 10 reps at a weight that makes me not want to do another at the end. I've also added some ab exercises since I've been neglecting them. Not for spot reducing, but for overall body strength. I've developed a begrudging relationship with the Captain's Chair. Or, as I call it, "the evil hanging ab thingy." I will conquer it. Ditto with what I think is called an "extension board."
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    A mixture of cardio and the weight machines. Also going back to c25k now my shins have healed.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I do various cardio videos at home and ride my bicycle outside to get some fresh air and quite time.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sundays is chest and back

Monday Run 3 miles, legs

Tuesday boxing - 1 hour of body weight exercises, 15 minutes on mitts, 30 on bag work, spar 3-8 rounds multiple times

Weds - Shoulders and Arms.

Thursday boxing - 1 hour of body weight exercises, 15 minutes on mitts, 30 on bag work, spar 3-8 rounds multiple times / or if was banged up badly sparring will do a boot camp class at gym

(every day has pushup, jump rope, ab rollers, ect mixed in through day)
    Friday - off day.

Sat - Run 3 miles Legs and back

I am about to start training for a 1/2 next week so all this will change up to mostly running and boxing.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    I'd love to be able to do a pull-up again and have been using the machines to up my strength in that direction... I can't practice on the actual pull-up bar at the gym because I can't reach it even with the available stool lol.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    To address the OP's question:

I do a variety of classes... BodyPump (weightlifting), BodyCombat (like tae bo), BodyVive (cardio and band resistance), Sh'Bam (dance aerobics), Zumba, Core 30, and yoga. I also am working on C25K on the treadmill for the days I do Core 30 as I need to do a minimum of 60 minutes a day. Sometimes I lift weights with my spouse when I can get him to come to the gym, which isn't often.

Mondays I usually do three classes in a row (BodyCombat, BodyPump, then Zumba).
    Tuesday is usually BodyCombat, sometimes also Core 30 and C25K
    Wednesday is usually BodyPump and yoga
    Thursday is usually Core 30 and C25K
    Friday is usually yoga and Zumba
    Saturday is usually recumbent bike and treadmill
    Sunday is Sh'Bam and yoga
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have done a variety of classes in the past but currently I am training for a half marathon and do atleast 1 shorter race a month, so I run 3x per week outside, 2 shorter 1 longer, and do two group power classes at the Y per week. If I have time I fit a bike ride in there somewhere.