Doctor Who?

Options
hanahlai
hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
Any Whovian fans? Can't wait for Doctor Who to come back on!

Replies

• gryphalkon
    gryphalkon Posts: 21
    Options
    Can't wait! Though it is still another few months before it comes out :( I will just have to go re-watch old seasons I guess.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! I'm sooooooooooo excited about the new season! Looking forward to the new side-kick, but I'll miss Amy Pond.... I still miss Rose, for pete's sake!
  • hanahlai
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! I'm sooooooooooo excited about the new season! Looking forward to the new side-kick, but I'll miss Amy Pond.... I still miss Rose, for pete's sake!

I know exactly what you mean! I would love to see peek into the parallel again to see Rose and 10th Doctor who isn't able to regenerate. lol

I love the Amy Pond & Rory story line! I love the new special effects the latest seasons have, and I also love how they travel a bit more around the world.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! I love Doctor Who!!!!! Can't wait for the season to start up again! It's going to be sad to see Amy and Rory go:sad: But a new adventure awaits!
  • hanahlai
    Options
    Does the Doctor's daughter still exist in the newest of timelines? The one he had that was cloned? They change timelines so much it's hard to keep up....Just curious...would be interesting to see that thrown into the mix.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Depends on who is playing the Doctor. I absolutely love how Matt Smith does the dr, in that quirky way. I wasn't that fond of Christopher Eccleson's Doctor though. And Tennant was okay, but IMO he can't touch Matt Smith.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love the Doctor!! And I cant wait!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah ....... we love Dr. Who !

Got into it late, so it's really fun (and sometimes confusing) to watch all the old programs ...... my hubby HATES the Daleks ...... they drive him nuts :laugh:

Wish I had a Tardis !
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just started watching it a few weeks ago. It's great! Hopefully I will be ready for the new season!
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Which is funny because that's Rose's Dad's name.

I've adored Rory! I always like the male companions.

I WANT JACK TO COME BACK! Jack and Eleven would have such a different relationship than Jack and Nine or Ten.
  • hanahlai
    Options
    Netflix has all the modern seasons (2005+) starting with the 9th Doctor if you are too confused. It's lots of fun. The Daleks are my least favorite enemy...they seem a bit dated for an enemy. lol
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Love Love LOVE the Doctor! :D
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

I know exactly what you mean! I would love to see peek into the parallel again to see Rose and 10th Doctor who isn't able to regenerate. lol

I love the Amy Pond & Rory story line! I love the new special effects the latest seasons have, and I also love how they travel a bit more around the world.

I wasn't so much a Rose fan, but I'm choked that Amy Pond is no more :-(
  • hanahlai
    Options

Which is funny because that's Rose's Dad's name.

I've adored Rory! I always like the male companions.

I WANT JACK TO COME BACK! Jack and Eleven would have such a different relationship than Jack and Nine or Ten.

That would be fun!! I am still flabbergasted he was the Face of Boe. LOL.... I have tried watching the Torchwood series; it's not as interesting.
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Love the Doctor, not to long to wait, dates a s follows.

August 2012 -- Part 1 (5 episodes) probably Sat 25th August
    2012 Christmas Special
    Early 2013 -- Part 2 (8 episodes)

Though I need to watch most recent Torchwood series first which i missed. Did you see it was it any good?
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Rumour is end of August for the UK for series 7, so the US and Canada possibly a week later. (Based on an advance screening in Edinburgh of episode one, when this has happened before transmission on the network has taken place 1 or 2 days later).

Looks good what little has been released, or leaked on the internet - the Ponds departure looks quite an emotional affair. I think Steven Moffat really got into his stride as head writer and script editor for series 6, and the next one is supposedly aiming for mini-blockbuster stories each week.

Looking forward to S7 and 2013's 50th year celebrations

Weeping_Angel_Covered_Eyes.jpg
  • gryphalkon
    gryphalkon Posts: 21
    Options

Same! I so want Jack and Eleven to interact. It might even redeem the character after the torchwood season 4 debacle.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I have been a fan since the 70's!! We are watching the old episoded on Netflix.
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Same! I so want Jack and Eleven to interact. It might even redeem the character after the torchwood season 4 debacle.

That bad eh?
    "Spoilers" as River Song would say ;-)

Oh and you just got me googling aparently the first trailer will be Thursday 2nd August, around 8:00pm on BBC1
  • hanahlai
    Options

That bad eh?
    "Spoilers" as River Song would say ;-)

Oh and you just got me googling aparently the first trailer will be Thursday 2nd August, around 8:00pm on BBC1

Exciting!