Does anybody else find themselves wanting....

Options
Miribg
Miribg Posts: 149 Member
everybody else around them to lose weight? :drinker: I am telling anyone and everyone who wants to hear about my weight loss how to do it (not that eating better and moving is a secret). I am trying to encourage ladies around me to go to the free aerobics class that I go to, the more the merrier right? Don't get me wrong though, if they don't want to hear about it then I stay away. I just feel so much better about myself now, I LIKE (:huh: ) working out now and I am not exhausted all day anymore.

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Yes, so they'll stop making me feel guilty for not eating the *kitten* they eat. I DON'T WANT YOUR DORITOS!
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yea, my poor husband---lol---i figured out how may weight watchers points he should have and i am always asking him about how many points things have LoL.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    When I originally lost weight a couple years ago I kept trying to get my twin sister to do the same. She wasn't such a happy camper but then again I was trying to get her on an expensive organic health kick...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    No, I try to mind my own business
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't as, as a seasoned yo-yo dieter, I might be literally eating my own words in a few months time and couldn't bear that 'look' that people would give me once the weight went back on!
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have told so many people how I've been losing weight and making suggestions for them. I'm secretly disgusted by some of the food choices I see people make, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings at all. I've been there before, so I know what it's like, but there's only so many ways you can say, "Hey, you could stand to lose some weight. Eat better and get off your bum."
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Not everyone around me. Just the people who ask me how I lost the weight, I send them a link to the website, and a couple of months later they're asking me again...
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Yes, so they'll stop making me feel guilty for not eating the *kitten* they eat. I DON'T WANT YOUR DORITOS!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBZ3BWy-BQvlGetnPGh5ldQUKJ-4WgsSYsNbzvyhifSSwZMRpT
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about wanting 'it' more.... :(
  • Miribg
    Options

lol.....No. Sorry :tongue:
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't tell random people, but those around me who directly affect my life I do.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Personally, I only talk to people about weight loss if they ask or if they are close friends.

I don't talk to people about it because I'd feel like I was pushing my lifestyle onto someone who may not be mentally and emotionally ready to lose weight. I know when I was at my heaviest weight the last thing I wanted to hear was dieting advice, I knew the key to weight loss, I just wasn't ready to tackle it yet.

So, do I *want* to tell everyone about my success and maybe motivate them to start with their own weight loss? Yes. Do I? No.

**edited because I can't spell...
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    everyone around me is getting healthy, my coworker lost 60 lbs over the last year after seeing my changes. I encourage her all the time and tell her how good she's doing and she knows I'll give her a hard time when I see her snacking on sh*tty food.

I'm not sure if it's that I'm just noticing healthy people more now, but I am seeing more people around me getting healthy
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have several obese friends that have been told by their doctors already that they need to lose weight, or very likely die within ten years.

I have other friends that are just over weight, but are experiencing health problems related to bad eating habits (lost gall bladders, kidney infections, etc.).

But for some reason, they all collectively want NOTHING to do with weight loss.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I find myself wanting to correct spelling mistakes...

**lose
  • Miribg
    Options
    I find myself wanting to correct spelling mistakes...

**lose

:grumble: Noooo!!! :sad: lol It's fixed now.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options

Always :bigsmile:

I also talk to people who notice my weightloss and ask me about it. I don't push what I do, I let the results speak for themselves :)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBZ3BWy-BQvlGetnPGh5ldQUKJ-4WgsSYsNbzvyhifSSwZMRpT

Lmao! Sad cat can have all the Doritos. I don't want any. :P
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I was hoping it was going to say pizookie. :grumble:
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

^^^ This! Love it.