New? Stuck? The First 3 Weeks Are Most Important!

Options
2»

Replies

• imanole
    imanole Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    So does that mean also cutting out things like sweet potatoes for those three weeks? Can I put them back in after the three weeks without gaining that weight back? Does that also include cutting out fruit?
    I carry my weight in the middle. Low carb diets do work for me. I've just always struggled with what to do after I loose the initial weight from that strict phase. Where do I go from there? I also have quite a sweet tooth.
    Will my body have enough energy to get through the 1hour workouts that I am currently doing 6day/week?

@lcallbaugh
    I'm not sure how much weight you have to lose. Each person is typically a bit different because our bodies are different. You can keep sweet potatoes if you want. You can keep anything you want...but remember what goes in, must get burnt. And if it doesn't it gets stored. And also remember that the faster you see a difference, the more fired up and motivated you are gonna be!
    My strong suggestion if you have more than 20 lbs to lose. Cut out sweet potatoes. Only eat fruit in the morning (so your body can burn it off because they are simple carbs). If you have a sweet tooth, think of that as your sweet treat for the day and eat it before 3-4pm. Your body may lack some energy, but it will grab it from the fat - in fact, that is what you want to do. Eat some veggies, chicken, fish and get your energy from that. I always suggest some caffiene (non-sugar drink) before a workout. This is truly up to the person and how they handle this - but I drink a "pre-workout" shake before 5 of my 6 workouts each week. The energy rush is amazing and I don't experience a low. But *thinks, here is the disclaimer* check with your physician. ;-)

And yes, you can put some of that back into your diet in moderation after the weight is lost. I did. Problem is, sometimes we start putting stuff back in - and then moderation goes out the window. My two pennies
  • imanole
    Options
    Very well written! Before I started counting my calories, i used to go nuts on the bread. Every time I gave my kids their bedtime snack, I'd go nuts on the bread.

Wasn't till I started looking at how many freaking calories a single slice of my fav Natural Rye Bread had, that I decided to significantly cut back. I do believe that I am see a direct result in that!

I am a carb junkie, so completely cutting it out will make me miserable, but since I'm almost at maintenance, in my situation - moderation will be key.

Thanks for the post!

Thanks MG...I know you got your MFP friends back's.
  • lcallbaugh
    lcallbaugh Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for the info. It's nice to know that others who have a sweet tooth/carb addiction can get through this. It's good motivation! I will try it. I have about 25lbs left to lose. The remainder of the weight I gained with my second child. Plus a few more pounds for good measure. It never used to be this hard to lose weight for me.
    Thanks again.
  • ReginaMarie7
    ReginaMarie7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok...I LOVE this post! And I am seriously considering doing this. I've already messed up today, but I am going to start tomorrow. No more simple carbs and crap for me. If you create a group I am 100% in.
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Here is my advice though - step on the gas for 3 weeks and see what happens. Cut out those pesky carbs that get you and burn some of those 50 lbs away. Then ask yourself * Can I keep going at this pace, or should I back down on the accelerator - some? *

I'm trying! I'm trying! LOL!
    I find the key is to see great success in the beginning. When you lost 115 lbs before, once you committed to that, did you see results pretty quickly?

As quickly as can be expected when one is losing 115 or so pounds. It took about a year. But right up until the last few months when I began to plateau, I was always thrilled with small but steady progress.
  • imanole
    Options
    Ok...I LOVE this post! And I am seriously considering doing this. I've already messed up today, but I am going to start tomorrow. No more simple carbs and crap for me. If you create a group I am 100% in.

Get ready for tomorrow. Drop the simple carbs, pick up some weights, do some cardio and start seeing and feeling results.