Coming back...

Options
Thoses memebers of MFP who've been here since before 2008 may remember me, although I didn't post all that much. My original goal was to lose about 14lbs because I was going travelling to Australia and wanted to be fitter and more comfortable in my own skin. A couple of weeks before leaving in early March I achieved my goal and felt sure that I'd made some permanent changes regarding my diet and the amount of exercise I was doing. Unfortuately, since I got to Australia things have all gone down hill. I think that part of my success was due to the fact that at home I managed to find a fitness routine that suited, a healthy eating plan that I enjoyed, and I had internet access whenever I wanted so I could log on MFP or just read the forums for support. When I left home all this changed - I've had to get used to nutrition info on food packets being in kilojoules rather than calories, I haven't been logging, I've been doing a lot less exercise, and to top it all off comfort eating since I've been pretty homesick at times! I've managed to only gain a couple of pounds, but I want to stop this NOW before I undo all my good work. So basically I'm recommitting to MFP - it may not be convenient to log every day, but I will, and I will also get back to running 5 days/week and most of all to healthy eating! Thanks for reading this far and wish me luck guys! I've realised I'm not ready to do this without My Fitness Pals!

Jenny x

Replies

• sundaygirl85
    Options
    Thoses memebers of MFP who've been here since before 2008 may remember me, although I didn't post all that much. My original goal was to lose about 14lbs because I was going travelling to Australia and wanted to be fitter and more comfortable in my own skin. A couple of weeks before leaving in early March I achieved my goal and felt sure that I'd made some permanent changes regarding my diet and the amount of exercise I was doing. Unfortuately, since I got to Australia things have all gone down hill. I think that part of my success was due to the fact that at home I managed to find a fitness routine that suited, a healthy eating plan that I enjoyed, and I had internet access whenever I wanted so I could log on MFP or just read the forums for support. When I left home all this changed - I've had to get used to nutrition info on food packets being in kilojoules rather than calories, I haven't been logging, I've been doing a lot less exercise, and to top it all off comfort eating since I've been pretty homesick at times! I've managed to only gain a couple of pounds, but I want to stop this NOW before I undo all my good work. So basically I'm recommitting to MFP - it may not be convenient to log every day, but I will, and I will also get back to running 5 days/week and most of all to healthy eating! Thanks for reading this far and wish me luck guys! I've realised I'm not ready to do this without My Fitness Pals!

Jenny x
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Traveling and keeping up the new lifestyle eating and work out plans is tough because I face it every week traveling across the country and overseas so I appreciate where you're coming from and what you're trying to get back into. Good Luck and great success be yours again.
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I've heard that Australia has as much of a weight problem as the US. Although that means there is lots of temptation, it also means that there are just as many healthy options! You can do this!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hey Jenny!

I'm one of the newer folks around here, but I want to just say welcome back. I don't know what I would do without the friends I have made around here. There is definately something special about this site and the community. I'm glad you're back.

I also want to commend you on putting a stop to the slide before it gets out of hand. It's all too easy to hit your goal and just stop trying, so it rocks that you are still in control of yourself.

Anyway, you know it better than I, but we are all here for you as always. Can't wait to see you around the boards. :wink:

-Jeremy
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, glad to have you here!:flowerforyou:
  • fi-nz
    fi-nz Posts: 24
    Options
    yeah in NZ we're all about kilojoules too lol I'm forever converting to calories to log all the new food on here. Sounds like you know what you're doing though and you've gotta cut yourself some slack - sounds like a pretty major upheaval for you and if you've only gained a couple of pounds you can't be too far off the track. What area of OZ are you ? Hopefully you can find a good gym buddy which would help too ! It's a good excuse to stick with this site really - awesome supportive people ! :wink:
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    Thanks guys, I knew I could count on encouragement from the great people on this site! :happy:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    welcome back

we are off to aussie in september for 6 weeks im just glad we are staying with mom who is also on a health kick as well and we go to the same gym so i will be able to go still while over there just need to get a travel pass and im all set actualy mom said they cant wait till im there to meet me and have me there so i feel welcome before i even get there lol

this place sure does rock ive only been here a mth but man im hooked.