Books: Running/Weight Loss but FICTION?

Options
Fani2003
Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
So I love my Kindle for iPhone and read constantly. I am also doing audible for audiobooks during my runs.

I love cheesy books/Chick Lit I can get lost in and not overthink. Yes, I have read 50 shades and similar ones too.

I also read so much I love the Amazon singles for like $2.99 and have become a fan of Heather Wardell. She has a whole series, check her out if you have not already done so. Her most recent book is "Finding my happy place" and is about a girl who starts training for a marathon after a breakup. It was chick lit for sure but it was fun to read someone making good/healthy decisions at the same time.

I would love to read some more books like that. Do you guys know of any?

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    The Long Walk or Running Man by Stephen King. J/K :tongue:

I don't really know about any fiction/chicklit running books out there but you may like Jennifer Wiener's Good In Bed. It's about an overweight woman who finds out she is pregnant with her ex boyfriends kid and the struggles she goes through.

edited to add last part of my sentence
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I would HIGHLY recommend "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Ruben (sp?). I just finished my second read of this book and it's inspirational in the most gentle and entertaining way possible. I think it dovetails nicely with the mfp philosophy too. (It's not fiction or traditional chic lit., it's more like a self help book, but it's the most laid back, reasonable, funny, and thought-provoking one I've ever read - and I've read lots.)
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am going to address chick lit solely here; I don't know much about chick lit/running/exercising combos:

Anything by Jennifer Weiner.
    Anything by Jen Lancaster. HILARIOUS.
    Anything by Tracy Chevalier.
    Most stuff by Jodi Picoult.
    _The Host_ by Stephenie Meyer.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    The Long Walk or Running Man by Stephen King. J/K :tongue:

I don't really know about any fiction/chicklit running books out there but you may like Jennifer Wiener's Good In Bed. It's about an overweight woman who finds out she is pregnant with her ex boyfriends kid and the struggles she goes through.

edited to add last part of my sentence

I read the Weiner book. It wasn't bad.
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    "150 pounds-a novel of waists and measures" by Kate Rockland was awesome chick lit, and I'm sure many of us here on MFP could relate to either one of the two main characters.

Another good one is "Confessions of a Failed Anorexic" by Michelle Cantrell...don't let the title scare you, it's a light chick lit read that is actually pretty darn funny!

Two other great reads I've just finished are "Blacklisted from the PTA" by Lela Davidson and "The Secrets of Married Women" by Carol Mason. Nothing to do with health/fitness but good reads all the same!

I bought my Kindle when they first came out and was super expensive....needless to say it has paid for itself many times over!
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! These are great. I have no idea how I never read Good In Bed but started last night and will work my way down the list.