Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
AND GO!!!! :happy:

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Sautee your shrimp in seasoned olive oil until almost done. <You only need enough oil to coat the bottom. The olive oil pam works great too.>
    season with your italian seasoning. (basil, oregano, garlic. and more)
    Add medium small sliced red bell pepper (green works, smallish compared to your sized shrimps) medium small sliced onion
    about 1/8 cup per serving. add choice of pasta, cooked al-dente.

toss 1/2 tblspn of butter (or margerine) til melted
    stir in 1/4 cup italian blended cheese. season more, serve.

feel free to add a small amount of diced tomato.

I have found that I like buttered noodles with italian cheeses and seasonings.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    That sounds delicious- you don't by chance have the calorie count do you, and serving size?
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    if your daring enough to try miracle noodles, you can get a great meal at 323 calories. I take shrimp (8 oz of med) and saute it in 1or 2 pats of butter(i onlly add the second pat if the shrimp staRTS TO BURN) (i havent tried olive oil with this yet.) I add in the miracle noodles after they have been properly prepared, fry that up till its warm. I season it with Ruth's Ann's Muskego ave Chicken and fish seasoning and it is an AWESOME meal for almost no calories. it breaks down to
    323 Calories
    2 grams of fat
    46 grams of protien
    356 sodium (mostly from the shrimp)
    0 suger
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    if your daring enough to try miracle noodles, you can get a great meal at 323 calories. I take shrimp (8 oz of med) and saute it in 1or 2 pats of butter(i onlly add the second pat if the shrimp staRTS TO BURN) (i havent tried olive oil with this yet.) I add in the miracle noodles after they have been properly prepared, fry that up till its warm. I season it with Ruth's Ann's Muskego ave Chicken and fish seasoning and it is an AWESOME meal for almost no calories. it breaks down to
    323 Calories
    2 grams of fat
    46 grams of protien
    356 sodium (mostly from the shrimp)
    0 suger

What are miracle noodles??
  • magj0y
    Options
    That sounds delicious- you don't by chance have the calorie count do you, and serving size?

51 for the butter, 90 for the cheese about 5-7 cals per shrimp, 210 for 1 serving size of penne pasta.
    about 425 using 1 dzn shrimp. not including the vegetables. If you're looking for a good meal that isn't obnoxious,
    this is a good one. 1 serving size of penne for me is actually a decent amount.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

51 for the butter, 90 for the cheese about 5-7 cals per shrimp, 210 for the penne pasta.
    about 425 using 1 dzn shrimp. not including the vegetables.

Yum! Trying it :)
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OOOPS forgot the link. They are made out of shirataki mushrooms. They act like tofu, because they have no flavor, and take on the flavor of what you cook it with. When you open the package they have this earthy fishy smell, you have to rinse them for 10 minutes under water, than boil them for 10 minutes. and the odd smell is gone. You can store them in the fridge in a container of water for a week.

I have added these to meals to bulk them up with out all the calories to feel fuller from smaller amunts of food. I mostly use the shrimp though because its my fav. I also add them to scrambled eggs to give me a more filling breakfast. You can get them for a pretty good price on Amazon.com.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

they contain no calories, no sodium, no fat, no anything except fiber and even thats only a gram or 2
  • magj0y
    Options
    You can also get a serving of cheese tortellini for 200 cals with 35 cals of fat, 30 carbs, 10 protein. I use severoli brand from cost-co. It really is a hearty meal. (it's about 19 tortelinis, and i was suprised at how filling it is. If you like like cheese, i'd go this route.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    You can also get a serving of cheese tortellini for 200 cals with 35 cals of fat, 30 carbs, 10 protein. I use severoli brand from cost-co. It really is a hearty meal. (it's about 19 tortelinis, and i was suprised at how filling it is. If you like like cheese, i'd go this route.

Yum Yum, I love tortellini.
  • magj0y
    Options

Yum Yum, I love tortellini.

When cooking for yourself, cook only what you need! otherwise.. I'm like..."oh there are a few left......"
    all brands are different, so watch for that. If you end up liking buttered noodlie stuff, invest in italian seasonings, THAT is what makes it so good. tortellini with chicken is also good. i have two kids who need to gain weight, it's so tough! You might like tortellini with marinara sauce as well. If you throw in less tort and more vegs, like some meaty egg plant or even fresh spinach. you might feel a wee less guilty for eating "horrible horrible pasta!"