Sweat off the fat, not the makeup!

Options
There is an an article in the July/August issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers about Meltproof Makeup, make up that stays on as you sweat the fat off.
In the article it gives the following make up to use:
Degree Women Clinical Protection - apply at night for next day freshness
Laura Mercier Foundation Premier - use to keep make up in place
Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat - your fav mascara becomes waterproof with a layer of this quick dry topper
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Gloss - perfect for bright long wear hues without the stickiness
Maybelline Baby Lips Repairing Lip Balm - helps shield your pucker
MAC Pro Longwear Eye Shadow - Creamy, saturated shades keep eyes shiny and bright
Stila Smudge Crayons Waterproof Primer + Shadow + Liner - A shimmery multitasking must
IT Cosmetics Live, Love, Laugh Anti-Aging Vitality Face Disc - All in one bronzer, blush, and luminizer

Now, there are a couple of these that can be found at like Walgreens and Walmart, but most of them cannot. What have you used and love? What do you wear when you want a bit of war paint on but don't want it to come of with the fat?

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've ever really concerned myself with makeup when working out.... Not sure why it matters?
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've ever really concerned myself with makeup when working out.... Not sure why it matters?
    ^^^^^^
    Yeah, this. What would make it so important to have makeup on while exercising that you'd go out of your way to buy products like these? No one at the gym cares, if nothing else people will probably judge you for working out in full makeup.

I also tend to think that wearing makeup that stays even through sweat wouldn't be good for your skin, especially for those prone to acne.

This is just a weird topic in general.
  • kashmirdreamer
    kashmirdreamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ick, clogs the pores forcing you to wear more makeup... Vicious cycle...

If it's some kind of Muscle magazine, maybe these people are in a competition or something where makeup is necessary? I think a good primer and a setting spray would work well over most makeup if you needed it to stay, same with hot weather. I think most drugstores have at least one type of primer, I like Urban Decay. They also make a really good setting spray for after make up but you can also use a sheer powder. Other than that, just waterproof eye make up and a oil-free foundation/tinted moisturizer should stay better than regular foundation or powder.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I lift like a man. I sweat like a man. Ain't no way I'm wearing makeup to the gym.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup when I do races, because my husband comes along to take pictures and I am THAT vain, but just a little pencil eyeliner and some long-wearing lipstick, like Infallible or Outlast.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

I 3rd this....the only time I wear makeup to the gym is if I go after work and I can't get it all off with whatever face wash/wipes I have in my gym bag. I'm sweating and working out, I don't care if people think I look good or not, I'm not looking to be hit on lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I lift like a man. I sweat like a man. Ain't no way I'm wearing makeup to the gym.

+1000
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

another reason i :heart: you!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If I work out in the evenings, I will often still have makeup on from my day. MAC eyeshadows, when used with a good shadow primer will stay on during a sweaty workout, as will waterproof gel liners.

I use MAC face primer and Studio Gear foundation, and yes, even while sweating balls, my makeup stays on. It looks like sh|t after, but it's still there.

I just refuse to wash my face before I sweat, so if I have my makeup on, so be it.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If I go for a jog then it's jogging around my local area where I know people, so I usually put some mascara on my eyebrows and eyelashes. Sometimes if I've been out in the day in makeup and am going for a run, then I'll just leave the makeup on. I feel a bit rank if I have face makeup on and get all sweaty.

Today though I was off work and went for a jog with nothing on my face at all. At first I was a bit self-conscious, but once I started sweating and knew I'd have a red face anyway, I didn't care.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    And I think it's personal, as is wearing makeup in the first place. Some people aren't as confident and self-assured - so what if people want to wear a full face at the gym? Doesn't make a difference to anyone else's lives.

Although I *have* laughed at the girls who're afraid to sweat incase they look daft/ugly.
  • K0135
    K0135 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I dont put makeup on to go workout but my makeup lasts all day at work and through some serious workout sessions.
    I use:

Mally Evercolor Long-Wear Shadow Stick
    Mally Evercolor Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner
    Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeliner
    Covergirl Lashblast mascara in waterproof
    Laura Gellar Balance n Brighten
    Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm overly confident and love makeup. I don't think I *need* it to leave the house, but I am confident enough in myself to not give a flying truck what others may or may not think about my made-up face at the gym.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    <
    Make up Forever. Fantastic waterproof, swim proof, sweat proof, 4-hours-under-hot-lights-matinee-and-evening-performances-proof, killer stage makeup available at Sephora in spectacular colors.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If I work out in the evenings, I will often still have makeup on from my day. MAC eyeshadows, when used with a good shadow primer will stay on during a sweaty workout, as will waterproof gel liners.

I use MAC face primer and Studio Gear foundation, and yes, even while sweating balls, my makeup stays on. It looks like sh|t after, but it's still there.

I just refuse to wash my face before I sweat, so if I have my makeup on, so be it.

Same. I'm usually office -> gym, so I can't/don't really care about looking fabulous there, I just don't want to look like a total freak when I'm done. Thanks for the info.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I second this ^

When I go for a run, why the hell would I want to be all made up - I would look like a bloody barbie doll LMAO!!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Woah, some of you are so judgy about the makeup issue! If you're already made up from work or something else- I would prefer makeup that stays in place rather than making me look like a crackwhore. Thanks for the suggestions, OP!

Many people trying to lose weight already have broken self confidence. Makeup is like a shield. Let people wear makeup if it gives them the confidence boost to get to the gym at all!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I use an eyeshadow primer by Mary-Kay to keep my eye make-up from smudging all day. If I work out before removing it, it doesn't run or smudge. And no, I don't put make-up on to go to the gym but I don't always go out of my way to take it off either.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is a freakin hilarious conversation. Thanks for the laughs! And no, I don't wear make-up to excercise. I tend to look like a homeless person while I work-out and I don't care.
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the different opinions. I, myself, don't go to the gym. I workout at home or do runs around the neighborhood or WTF local parks. When I do go out for my runs, I do put just a slight bit of powder on and some mascara. I had bad acne in my early 20's and now have scars from it, so although I do not care what others think of me, it makes ME feel better to see my face in the mirror the way I see it in my head. I posted the topic, no matter how minor to some, because this got me thinking about others who may have similar issues and do want to go to the gym but maybe don't with this being one of the factors of why they don't. Or maybe life would be simpler for some having make up that stays when a bit of sweat hits and then they don't have to worry so much if something comes up after the workout. I posted this to inquire for myself, but for others too. It may sound silly to some, but I know of a few people who are hindered from working out and this is one of the factors that play a roll. What may seem silly to you may be important and even a life change for someone else. Thank you to those who have stated what they use! Keep the advice coming :)