level 2 30DS....couldn't make it :(

Options

Replies

• amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think level 2 is the worst, because it seems to be based on cardio and lots of jumping! it gets easier after a few days, just like level 1 does :)

level 3 is hard, but not as hard as level 2. that's more strength based and getting you muscles. just keep at it, realllyyy push yourself until you feel like you're going to die (in the words of jillian!) and after a few days you'll get better and better :)
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Stick with it and you will improve. Level 1 used to be hard too, right? And then it got easy, remember? Modify the moves if you need to, but just keep going. The whole point is to challenge yourself. It is worth it.

Like someone else mentioned, I noticed the most improvement in my body with level 2. I used to hate level 2, but I got to the point of liking it once my stamina improved. I'm now doing level 3. I can't say that I like it very much (yet). In some ways it's easier than level 2, but some of the moves are more difficult and require more strength.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing level 1 for a while longer. There's no 30DS police to stop you. The important thing is that you're exercising.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    IMO level 3 is easier than level 2!

I agree with this-Level 2 is my favorite-keep trying you CAN do it!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    ^^^This

In all honesty, i will probably never do Level 2 again. Level 3 is hard but imo, much easier than level 2. I HATED Level 2.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Do what you are comfortable with. I did level one for about 8 days before going to level two. I've been working out hard for the past week and having a good bit of soreness - so today (day 14) I did level one again. I haven't tried level 3 yet. I've watched it while on the elliptical and I think it looks tough - but until I give it a shot - who knows. Ultimately - listen to your body - push yourself a little more every day - and take the leap when you are ready to complete it no matter what.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    As others said, if it is still too hard, keep modifying your moves. You will get stronger!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    just push thru level 2 doing what u can and stick it out until u can do all of it.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's okay! I remember when I did it, I hated level 2. You could always set mini goals when doing that level. For example, one day you can do 5 minutes of it, the next 10, the next 15 and so on. Keep at it, you can do it! :smile:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I think many 30DS graduates hate level 2 the most, I think its much harder than level 3!
    Keep trying, you'll get there :)
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    For me level 2 was the hardest level of all and I hated every minute of it!!! Just keep at it and do as much as you can. Do the modified versions.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Yes!
  • adila1979
    adila1979 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts. It's quite encouraging to read your words. At least I don't feel like such a 'quitter' anymore, because it is indeed very hard, but I will try again. I may even do as suggested and mix it up with level 1. I'll try and not give up, but I felt like could take it and it was a bit disappointing to realise I couldn't handle it...oh well, maybe I'll make it tomorrow. Cheers :)
  • MrsHilgert
    MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally think level 3 is way harder than 2. I had a hard time with level 2 for about 3 days. Maybe the planks came easier because of my background in Pilates...idk. I do know that all the jump training stuff KILLS my legs. I have to stop often for 5 seconds during these sorts of jumps and moves. And sometimes I just have to do butt kicks in place of the jump squats. I am on day 2 of level 3. The area around my ribs is so sore it hurts to take a breath.

But I tell myself...8 more days...8 more days...oy.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    keep it up! don't give up you'll just end up being disappointed. fight through it and be proud of yourself!
  • adila1979
    Options
    Well today I got the courage to do level do and not only I finished it, I went back for one circuit of level 1 I was so pumped! It was really hard for me, but when I realised there was only one more circuit to go, I knew i could finish it. I think I lost 10 gallons of sweat, but I did it. And it felt so good to be able to last the whole level. Thanks again for your words of encouragement, it really showed me how inspirational MFP really is. Cheers :)
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying -- the first couple times I did level 2, it was HARD!!! But, I modified anything I felt like I needed to modify and kept pushing through. (I have a hard time with a lot of the jumping during cardio - kills my arches...) But, I am now on level 2 day 9, and can do things that I couldn't even imagine doing on day 1. Keep it up, and you will get there eventually!!
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you're going to die, stay with Anita.

;)
  • adila1979
    Options
    If you feel like you're going to die, stay with Anita.

;)

Today she was my best friend! :tongue:
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way last night when I started level 2 of ripped in 30!
    A combo of mountain climbers and plank jacks in the cardio section meant I had to stop for a break for the first time in ages. I was really disappointed in myself till I realised that level 2 of the shred did exactly the same to me – all those plank cardio moves seemed impossible to start with but I got there in the end.

I’ll be with Jillian this evening trying to get though the lot!
    You’ll get there and be d***ed proud of yourself when you do cos it is hard!

p.s. I agree that level 2 is hadest in the shred - level 3 is much more fun.