Help! Soooo hungry this week :-(

Options
It seems like no matter how much I eat this week (yogurt, berries, salad, nuts, etc...) I'm still hungry. I've been drinking plenty of water but still feel like I'm not satisfied. Any tips??

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    It could be TOM or maybe you're not getting enough protein or fiber, which keeps you full. If you are working out hard it could be your body asking you for more nourishment so it can have some more energy.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    make sure you are hitting your protein goals. If you eat salad, make sure you put some nuts, or even avocado on it. Protein and fat tend to make you feel more satisfied!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This is me this week, but it's my TOM.

The good thing about TOM is I can eat more than normal and still lose.

Well, that and it tells me I'm not pregnant. Yippy!
  • BekahLuv
    BekahLuv Posts: 164
    Options
    I still have another 2 weeks for my TOM... thinking maybe it might be that i'm not getting enough protein. What are some easy snacks I could take to work full of protein?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I still have another 2 weeks for my TOM... thinking maybe it might be that i'm not getting enough protein. What are some easy snacks I could take to work full of protein?

If you like nuts, I'd say almonds for sure. They always do the trick for me.
    If your office has a fridge, try some of the single serving greek yogurt cups. Those are another favorite of mine. Light string cheese is another favorite.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Steamed edamame is my go to. Sea Pointe makes individual packages that you can microwave. By the time that I suck them out of the pods, I'm full!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Unrelated: OP your hair is magnificent
    Related: as mentioned above, avocado is very satisfying! Full of fat and fiber. Good protein snacks: cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, almonds, edamame, shrimp, those little flavored tuna cans or pouches on celery or pita mmmmm
  • BekahLuv
    BekahLuv Posts: 164
    Options
    Unrelated: OP your hair is magnificent
    Related: as mentioned above, avocado is very satisfying! Full of fat and fiber. Good protein snacks: cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, almonds, edamame, shrimp, those little flavored tuna cans or pouches on celery or pita mmmmm

Thanks, Missy :-)

I always hear avocado is good for you, but can you eat it plain or do you have to mix it up with something?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Eat something more solid than just yogurt and berries. I would add a big chunk of turkey breast or hard boiled eggs. Even some wholewheat toasts or brown rice if you have met your carb quota yet.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    lean chicken meat
    canned tuna(in water- 1 can =20 grams n only 100 calories) Tuna salad's good too
    a variety of nuts(I regularly have unsalted almonds, peanuts, walnuts, sun flower seeds are especially good when I'm wanting to munch-I take a couple at a time n chew so it takes up a good amount of time)
    peanut butter, but try to get the most natural available. look in the ingredients if it just says peanuts u have a winner n you'll have to stir it, I personally go with the least bad of the more processed ones because pure peanut butter's expensive around here n my fiance will eat it but complain about it(hullo don't eat mine if ur gonna complain about it lol)

I eat quinoa as my most common carb(after 1 cup of that with another cup of veggies, and a 4 oz of chicken, i'm stuffed for a while), sometimes I cook some whole flax seeds in with my quinoa. quinoa itself has ~7grams of protein per cooked cup.
    Lean beef is good for protein too but chicken tends to be cheaper here.
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is fantastic. I do 1/2 cup of quick oatmeal on the stove with nearly 2 cups of water. Let simmer about 5 or 6 minutes. Yes, that's about twice the water it calls for, but the oats will absorb it. Very filling, especially if you add 1/2 cup of blueberries.