Name droppers!!!

Options

Replies

• apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I also saw Matthew Lillard. Also in the restaurant. You'd think celebrities would eat somewhere other than Ruby Tuesday, considering how many awesome restaurants were in the area....

This makes me so jealous!! I love Matthew Lillard!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Magnum P.I., Goldberg, Ving Rhames, Andre 3000, Pam Anderson. All thanks to the US NAVY! haha
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I served Marilyn Manson when I was working in a bar (JDs and Coke). Met and hung out with Blink 182, Pennywise etc on the Vans Warped Tour. Have played alongside and partied with heaps of UK hard house/hard dance DJs.
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    Met Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue
    D.J Ashba of Sixx A.M.
    Davey Havok of AFI/Blaqk Audio (had him autograph my leg then had it tattooed the next morning)
    Jeffree Star
    Jimmy Urine of MSI
    Nate of 3Oh!3
    Nixon of Framing Hanley

and I know theres a few more but I cant remember. Alot of people might not know those guys but they are famous to me =]
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I met Joey Ramone at Lollapalooza in 1996. I asked him for his autograph. HE PUT HIS HAND ON MY ARM and said "I'm sorry, I have to go." Good stuff.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Many of the Carolina Panthers including Steve Smith, Cam Newton, and DeAngelo Williams. Also, last night, I got to meet the South Carolina governor, Nikki Haley. I also know (not just met, but personally know) the wife of the Indiana U.S. Congressman, Marlin Stutzman. Haven't seen or talked to her in years, though. I know Michigan State Senator, Mike Green. His son and I were in the same class in high school. There may be others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Teddy Kennedy. I was a nanny a few summers for his neighbors grandchildren. Complete A**Hole
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I literally bumped into John Spencer (Leo on the West Wing)

Also my family did the Cam Neely Sk8 challenge this year and we hung out with Bob Sweeney (former Boston Bruin player) -he skated with my 7 year old and gave him some tips. We're major Bruins fans and he's a huge celebrity in our house so it counts!!!!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Clint Eastwood(I was 6 & he was filming a movie near El Paso)

William Devane(sold him booze in a liquor store I used to work at)

Sherman Hemsley( we were both eating chile rellenos in an El Paso restaurant. He was very friendly)

Richard Ramirez ("the Night Stalker", at a party, long before he started butchering people)
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I didn't get to meet him, but my aunt once ate at a local Waffle House with Dwayne Johnson. The pro wrestling circuit was in town, and it was in the early days of his wrestling career. He was still well-known, but not quite the icon that he is today. Anyway, it was early morning and she had been out bar hopping, so she decided to stop at WH for an early breakfast. Now, this experience was totally wasted on her because she didn't even know who he was. When she saw him come in, she said she thought to herself that he could be a pro-wrestler because of his size and build. Um, yeah, no kidding. LOL Then she noticed that the other half dozen or so people there were staring at him and whispering excitedly to one another with these big, awestruck grins. The next time the waitress came to her table she asked her, "Hey! Who is that guy? He seems to be causing quite a stir." The waitress about dropped the coffee pot, and said, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS?! That's the Rock! He's a famous professional wrestler!" My aunt was like, "Oh, okay! Well, I don't really watch wrestling, so I wouldn't know." Then she calmly went back to drinking her coffee and reading her paper like nothing was out of the ordinary. She told me that and I was like, "WHAT?! Man, I go with you EVERYWHERE, and the ONE time I don't go you meet one of my favorite people ever?! NOT FAIR!"
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Teddy Kennedy. I was a nanny a few summers for his neighbors grandchildren. Complete A**Hole

Um, yeah, I wouldn't have had to meet him to know that. LOL
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhh... too many too many...
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've only met Vernon Davis at a club in San Jo....

Better than seeing them at the Training camps lol. =)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Danzig
    Doyle (The Misfits)
    OhGr (Skinny Puppy musician as well as the actor for Pavi Largo in Repo! The Genetic Opera)

I would love to meet Danzig, but I would probably be too awestruck to say anything.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    A bunch of pro athletes mostly

The late Reggie White
    Ryan Sandberg
    Hakeem
    Ralph Sampson
    Rickey Waters
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I met Dog th Bounty Hunter and his Family, at a book signing.
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    Danzig
    Doyle (The Misfits)
    OhGr (Skinny Puppy musician as well as the actor for Pavi Largo in Repo! The Genetic Opera)

I would love to meet Danzig, but I would probably be too awestruck to say anything.

At first I totally was! I've looked up to him for as long as I can remember! But he was so friendly and sweet, we ended up talking for a really long time about comics and movies. I was surprised that he was so easy to talk to.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was alone in a hotel elevator with Shania Twain at the height of her popularity. Never before or since have I prayed for an elevator to get stuck, but I sure did that day. She was very nice and absolutely gorgeous.

Russell Crowe is probably the single biggest jerk I have ever met in my life. His rugby team was in town and we tried to pass him in the tunnel to get to our seats because he was standing there blocking the entire tunnel having a conversation. I asked him to excuse us while we went past and he put his hand in my chest to stop me and gave a profanity-laced response. I knocked his arm off of me, called him an a-hole, and our group passed by. He was also surprisingly short.

When the Super Bowl was here in Jacksonville, a group of us were in a hotel bar and saw Jillian Barberie. We sent her another drink over and she came down the bar to thank us and hung out for a few minutes.
  • Stagolee
    Stagolee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Spike Lee (running with the bulls in Pamplona)

Rob Van Winkle (ice Ice baby) in West Palm

Taj Mahal (bought my favorite musician a beer!)

Joey Fatone (gf and I crashed his private party)

I can tell you are Jealous!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Met the following at some kind of charitiy thing: Edy Williams, Dino Martin, Desi Arnez JR. Sam Snead, Peter Graves, Mike Connors. If you don't know who they are, it's because you are young.

Met Lou Ferrigno and his wife working as a Chauffeer.

Jackie Coogan (UNcle Fester) picked me up hitchhiking on Route 66 in the early 70's.

Met Chuck Norris at a Karate Tournament in Downey, California.