A NEW ME - 2010 Weight Loss Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! :drinker: I love challenges...

My name is Brandi and I'm 33yrs old.. I reside in Brooklyn, NY... I currently attend training classed but I am a SAHM.. I would like to lose 49-53lbs and be around 130ish... I would like to get my bodyfat % down under @18% as well, the last time I checked (a couple of weeks ago) I was at 38.8% :grumble: ...I weight train 5 days a week now and do 4 days of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio for 20 minutes. I do my measurements and check my bodyfat % once a month.. I'm looking for the continued motivation and support from others and as well as giving what I know too. Good luck to all of you on your goals and fitness needs...:flowerforyou:

We can do this!!:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am in! I think this is going to be great for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 36 years old, Married and live in California. I started really working hard on my body in January 09, then dropped off from July to now and gained every single bit of the weight I lost back :(

I am in Beauty School and graduate in April. I have over 100 pounds to lose!

I am jazzed about getting started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Sass
  • sillysallyf
    sillysallyf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • NickiRae
    Options
    145968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm In!!!

We can do this!!!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am in for this! I have about 10 lbs to loose but more importantly for me I am training for my first marathon in 2010 (october)! Is there a way to add this thread to our profile so we can easily check it?

See you all thursday!
  • Majot
    Majot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am interested in participating as well. I am 35 years old and live in NC. I have about 65 lbs to lose. I run for exercise...about 3 miles every other day. I need to make sure I drink my water and eat my recommended calories or less. Looking forward to this challenge!
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds GREAT!!! I'm really looking forward to the extra motivation! I'm starting now to really get myself losing this weight and becoming healthier. I look forward to sharing with everyone and seeing the scale move in the right direction for everyone!
    See you Thursday for weigh in.

I have about 31 lbs to lose. And would love to get my body fat under control, it is too high.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need a support group to hold me accountable... obviously doing this on "my own" doesn't work for me. :grumble:

Although I'm not at my all time highest right now (within 5lbs of it though :embarassed: ), I AM having my hardest time taking even 1 or 2 lbs off. Over the last year I've tried Weight Watchers, SouthBeach, 6WeekBodyMakeover (plus working out at least 3x a week) - and the scale just keeps going up. Not sure what's going on here, but I'm very frustrated at this point. :grumble:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I'm in too! I just came back to MFP after an extended break.. I now have more weight to lose than ever.

I love being a apart of a group that encourages each other and are supportive so I'm very excited to be a part of this!

I have 81 lbs that i'd like to lose. Good luck everyone and i look forward to getting to know you all.
  • augustbells
    Options
    Count me in! I need all the support I can get.

:smile:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the challenge everyone :flowerforyou:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I made a tasty "Root Vegetable Chowder" for dinner tonight that we liked
    (and didn't miss the butter & cream in it)
    Only 161 calories. i used carrots and parsnips.
    Didn't have fennel in the house, so i skipped it (didn't miss it).

2 leeks, thinly sliced (about 2/3 c.)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 small sweet potato (peel & chop, 1 c.)
    2 cups peeled, chopped assorted root vegetables (like: parsnips, carrots, turnips or rutabagas)
    1 can reduced sodium chicken broth (i'm sure veg. broth would work fine)
    1 12oz can fat-free evaporated milk
    1/8 t. pepper
    1/4 t. fennel seeds, crushed

saute leeks & garlic in pan coated in cooking spray. Cook until tender
    add sweet potato & other vegies and chicken broth. Bring to boiling, reduce heat,
    cover and cook 20 minutes (until vegies are tender)
    Stir in milk, fennel and pepper. Heat through, but don't boil.
    Makes 4 (1 cup) servings
    calories 161, total fat 0g, cholestrol 3mg, protein 10g, carbohydrate 3g, fiber 4g, sodium 388mg

I served it with a big green salad and a lovely crusty bread.
    (for those committed carnivores, I'm sure the soup would taste good with ham in it)

In the winter I love a creamy soup and make several different ones (or did)
    But this totally works without ruining my calorie intake for the day.
    take care everyone- katie
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    It's so great to see everyone so motivated! I am really excited to get moving, and am grateful to have some support. I have over 100 pounds to lose, but I am going to remember - it took me years to gain it all, and I won't lose it all in a week! I am making reasonable goals :)
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • logiesmom
    Options
    Me too!! I think a challenge will keep me motivated! Can't wait to start!!

I too have over 100lbs to lose. Maybe this will be my year!!:bigsmile:
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too-- I am 30 years old and teach high school Biology--I am now at my heaviest (203) and I am 5'4 I can't fit into any of my clothes (even had to buy new bras) and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since July with no luck. I really need to do something about this--looking forward to the challenges and the support! Count me in!

I just recently started logging my food again I did well about a year ago and lost 10 pounds but then I stopped and look what happened!

Hi Everybody!
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Never having been involved in a thread like this do we just keep adding to this one or will there be new check in threads every week?? I just need to know where to go on Thursdays!!

Happy New ME Year
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    I'm in too! My hubby is in Iraq, and we both promised that during his absence, we would both lose some weight. I was obese when I had our daughter 2 1/2 yrs ago, and am currently about 25 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant. But I'm far from where I want to be, and would love to be in shape when we start trying to get pregnant in 2011. Hoping this will help with my weight loss and with speeding up the time until he comes home.

So does the new challenge start tomorrow or on Friday? Have you thought of a challenge? I think starting small would be good. Like maybe one of the first ones could be to get your 8 glasses of water in every day.
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I'm totally in, I had to take a break from weightloss in October due to catching the swine flu and ended up being lazy and gaining most of the weight I had lost back :( So now I'm back on track now that the holidays are over and would love to the have motivation and support.

I'm 26, I am 5'1' and currently weigh 214.0, my starting weight was 222.5. My goal weight is 150.

I'm from Alaska and work as a live in caregiver to my grandmother and work as a barista a couple days a week.

Good Luck to everyone I'm super excited :)
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Count me in!! I need ALL the motivation I can get! Good luck to everyone!
    Rhonda