Favorite Stephen King movie/book?

Options

Replies

• sunnybug90
    Options
    Books: Thinner and Firestarter and Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

Movies: The Shining and The Green Mile

Because of my insane fear of clowns I cannot read or watch IT.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    Man, this is tough.

I'll have to say Misery and It is a tie for the book, although I really liked Thinner.

Well, I'll have to say the same for movies as well, with the exception of Thinner. I liked The Shining too.

It was the only book that actually frightened me. My kids love to play with balloons, and sometimes the balloons will just flow through the house. It instantly reminds me of Pennywise the clown and his scary teeth. Ugh. I read the book 20 years ago!

Oops. I forgot Tommyknockers and the Apt Pupil. Ah, hell. It's so hard to pick just one.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

My best friend's husband is so afraid of clowns, she isn't even allowed to have the book in the house
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Anyone read 11/22/63 yet? I really liked it and can see it as a great movie, I hope.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    11/22/63 is the next on my "to be read" list. I can't wait to read it.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of his books (Misery, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, 11/22/63, Thinner, The Long Walk, etc ...) but my all time favorite is ... by far ... The Eyes of the Dragon.

how did I forget The Eyes of the Dragon! that was a great one!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Book: The Shining, the Stand (unabridged), It, Tommyknockers, Misery, The green Mile (read this as each book came out & i was on pins & needles waiting for each one to come out

Movie: The Shining (only the original, not the tv version), The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption. & of course Misery

Anybody recognize these? Shawshank Redemption was filmed about 90 minutes from my house

100_1198.jpg
    the "boarding house"

100_1057.jpg
    Driving up the front driveway

4c59b18e.jpg

The shower room, both in the movie & in reality when it was a working prison. In the last pic, all the orbs are not camera tricks or dust, the reformatory is truly haunted, knowing it's history makes it even more interesting.
    That's pretty cool :)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Favorite movie, The Green Mile. Favorite book, Christine. For me, none of the movies can come close to capturing his literary detail.
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :heart: Rose Madder:heart:

Loved this book! I couldn't put it down!
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    The Stand and IT. I think all his books are better than the movies but I do like IT and The Shining as a movie too.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Movies: The Shining (I worked at a hotel), Maximum Overdrive, The Storm of the Century

Books: The Dark Tower series, The Talisman, It

My favorite author; I could go on and on.
  • EileenT72
    EileenT72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Books - Pet Sematary was by far the scariest to me. I loved The Talisman & Skeleton Crew and the Dark Tower series too.

Movies - Rose Red, The Mist, Storm of the Century

He's always been my favorite author!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    DARK TOWER SERIES!!! (after getting through The Gunslinger which is totally necessary)
  • Friday74
    Friday74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh, so many to pick from!! Movies - Shawshank Redemption, Silver Bullet, and The Green Mile.

Books- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, From a Buick 8, Insomnia, The Stand, It, Rose Madder...and the list goes on...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've only seen the movie It. Wasn't too impressed.
  • GeoffM19681
    Options
    1. Insomnia
    2. It
    3. Stand
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Love all his stuff ...... but have never been able to get through "Pet Semetary" ...... scares the cr*p out of me still :sad:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Movies: Rose Red, Thinner, The green mile, Silver Bullet, Storm of the Century.

Books: The girl who loved Tom Gordon, The stand, The Green Mile.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The Stand is my favorite book. Not just my favorite King book. It's my favorite book ever. I've read almost all of his books (except 11/22/63 and Blockade Billy) and am currently reading The Wind Through the Keyhole. I'm also partial to The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and Eyes of the Dragon as I read those with my daughter. Also, I'm gonna throw it out there that I think Cell was a giant turd of a book.

Movies: Shawshank is the best movie adaptation I think. Oh and Misery. Kathy Bates was awesome as Annie Wilkes.
  • sunnybug90
    Options

My best friend's husband is so afraid of clowns, she isn't even allowed to have the book in the house

I'm not proud but I'm the same it is the most irrational fear but I can't help it. No clown related crap in my house.