New NSV - I wore a 2 piece in PUBLIC.

Options

Replies

• Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! about teared up reading your story, because I have soooo been there. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • ambcage
    ambcage Posts: 9
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!
  • shezlar1
    shezlar1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This made me belly laugh - YOU GO GIRL!!!! bet they didnt know what to do with themselves... great story keep up the epic spirit xxxx
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am still a little overweight. But in the last year I have lost 70 pounds - and I have EARNED the right to wear what I want.

t0q045.gif
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think you look awesome in your bikini! So what if you have a few more poiunds to go to hit your "goal" weight. I would say being able to wear that suit confidently says alot about where you are at in your life! And it sounds like a good place to me. Kudos for speaking up to the two witches -- I think we all have a tendency to look at others and judge ( I know I do) -- but doesn't it really have more to do with how we feel about ourselves than how we see others? Maybe you speaking up will help those women. And maybe not. But either way, you stood up for yourself! Awesome.
  • cdparmer
    cdparmer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great, motivating post.. You are more than what you look like, inner strength like that is what truely matters. Your inner godess is shining so bright its a blinding light!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome. People are so rude, they don't stop and think that what they say might come back to bite them in the *kitten*. You worked hard to get where you are, be proud, and wear that suit with pride. You earned it!

I agree!!!
  • nurztrac
    Options
    You are amazing! Good for you for speaking up to those "ladies". It is so easy for people to sit back and judge before they know the facts. I hope they realized how hurtful their comments were. I have always worried what other people thought about me and only gave myself the value that I felt from others. I joked about myself before others had a chance to because then the comments didn't hurt so bad. I am now 44 and still struggle with what others think of me, but I am trying really hard to see the good things in myself. I am obese, but I am also a kind person, a hard worker, a good friend, and a great mom. I am now trying to lose weight to become healthy so I am around for my children. I have lost 15 pounds and I have a long way to go, but I am starting to believe in myself a little more. Some people are just mean or ignorant, and they are going to continue to make rude comments, but I am working on being the best I can be. I hope to have your guts someday. Thanks so much for sharing your story!
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WTF were they talking about?! YOU LOOK GREAT! No need to cover up. I'm so proud of you for how far you've come and how confident you are. You deserve to wear whatever the hell you want! Congratulations on your amazing progress! 70 pounds...wow!
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT =)

Great skin by the way... Wish I looked like that in a 2piece...
    One day. lol.

Way to go =)
  • nighthawke
    nighthawke Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Not only for having the courage to wear the bikini, but for standing up for yourself. Your response says as much about your current state of mind then any number of lbs lost could.

/cheer
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great story. And, you look adorable!!!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You standing up to those women is a victory for all of us that have struggled with our weight. You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!!
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome. People are so rude, they don't stop and think that what they say might come back to bite them in the *kitten*. You worked hard to get where you are, be proud, and wear that suit with pride. You earned it!
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    My kinda girl!! *hi 5*

Congrats on the weight loss...and like everyone has said...you have really nice skin!! :smile:
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This is Awesome! I have a two piece too and I have been wearing it this year! I have a belly and I was hoping people would not say anything. Well then I thought about all the guys out there that wear just swim shorts and the bellies they have! I never think twice about them so why do I for me! That is when I decided to wear my 2 piece and try to get over my fear of fat! YOU GO GIRL!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look great in that bathingsuit and great job standing up for yourself!! I just began feeling comfortable wearing a two piece bathingsuit myself and wish I wore it sooner! You're a great inspiration to all; your story made me a little teary eyed :-) You go girl!!
  • ladybuglady15
    ladybuglady15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing! I've never been thin *enough* (in my own mind) to wear a bikini, and have been thinking lately "Will I ever be confident in my own skin to wear a bikini? Even when I am at goal?". And it's because of those types of people and their comments. But what you did and said is absolutely inspirational and the kind of attitude more of us should have. They say "if you've got it, flaunt it", well, I'm coming to realize that the "it" isn't a great booty or abs of steel, it's confidence. You are beautiful and rocked the bikini!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful, inside and out. I love that you said something-in that moment, you not only stood up for yourself, but for all of us :)
  • spekticalface
    spekticalface Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think you have a gorgeous body! I'm all pale and doughy and would give ANYTHING for skin like yours!! You look like a very smexy lady :D x x x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!