Anyone else vegan?

Options

Replies

• Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and loving it !

Looking for vege/vegan friends to help me lose weight! Looking at meat eats diarys doesnt help me think of meal ideas or what to eat!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for 20 years and havve ben thinking about cutting out dairy the only thing I have left in my diet from animals. I just sent you a friend request would love to talk about life as a vegan.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    We're friends already, but bumping up the vegan numbers :)
  • fuzzyslipperz
    fuzzyslipperz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but just saw this topic.. I'm a vegetarian - I'd be vegan but I eat eggs from my own pet chickens. =) Hi all!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    New to a plant based diet, but still making noob mistakes like assuming Morningstar Chik'n Nuggets are vegan because they are a Morningstar product. I have always enjoyed mayo and am dismayed to see someone post that Vegenaise is not my friend because I just bought some today! I don't use that kind of thing very often though. Hi everyone! See you on the vegetarian / vegan boards . . .
  • HiFructosewest
    Options
    Vegan here!! Add me
  • ddrshine
    Options
    I'm raw vegan
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's cool to see so many veggis... I am a veggi for about 17 years.
  • rumandreason
    rumandreason Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    And another one right here! In the UK, no less. Happy to make new friends!
  • Stinkytoe
    Options
    Yep. I am Vegan. Yay :)
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here (for over 40 years!) OMG - shocked myself with that one!

I would love to be Vegan but find it difficult with a meat eating family

Add me if you want veggie friends too (UK based - diary open to firends) love sharing low fat veggie ideas

Diane
  • quiescentaureateserpent
    Options
    Vegan yesh and very happy to be so. Lovely to meet all of you. :)

Waves
  • saracakessaracakes
    Options
    I'm vegan, too! I've been vegetarian since the age of 7 and vegan since I was 18 (7 years now).

I don't see why people keep cats and dogs as pets and eat other animals such as cows and pigs.. That's why I'm vegan. The added health benefits are a bonus!

I'm 5'6" and have gradually put on a stone over the past year or so through pigging out on too many crisps! So I'm using this app to get back down to my original weight of 8st 6lb. 5lb down, 8lb to go!
  • quiescentaureateserpent
    Options
    Hope you don't mind my saying so but I do love your hair :) (Directed towards stinky toe)
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I normally refer to myself as a raw foodist, clean foodist, natural foodist, etc.

I live in cattle country and noone knows what vegan is anyhow, ha ha. Technically, yes I am a vegan. It is truly the only diet that ever made sense to me, and I enjoy it very much.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan.....for 11 months now.....veggie for 4 months before that.
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan!
    -I went vegetarian over four years ago.
    -Then, after a year, I went vegan for two years.
    -But then I decided to be just vegetarian and just went back to being vegan this spring :).

It's mostly very easy for me, as long as I don't lose focus like I did last time.
    I've always been very passionate for animals since I was a child.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% vegan but am eating a mostly plant-based diet, just started 3 weeks ago. I live in a meat-eating family who also like desserts and chips, so it's a challenge to shop/cook for them and myself and keep everyone happy. I am off to join the "happy herbivore" group!