Bad NSV!

Options
dianeellen2
dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
This is the first rubbish NSV i have had!

My wedding ring is too big now!

I got married 20 years ago - i have never removed my wedding ring since it was put on in church - all those years ago!

The symbolism of this means a lot to me and i guess i am a bit of a romantic at heart

Now it is too big - i have a choice; take it off and have the size reduced or carry on wearing it and risk losing it

My husband thinks i am silly and i should just take it off and get it re-sized but it means a lot to me that i have never removed it (through lots of highs and lows)

At one point, when i weighed 19 stone 2lb (268lb) i started to get pins and needles in my wedding finger as the ring was so tight and that is what started me on my weight loss journey.

I now weigh 181.5lb (nearly 50lb of that weight loss has been with mfp) and i have the difficult choice

So fellow mfp'ers - what do you think?

Replies

• jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd get it re-sized. It'd be worse if you were to lose the ring entirely...
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can get plastic ring-resizers that you can just clip on to rings to keep it in place but they are unsightly and not very comfy.

How about getting your husband to tie some string or something round your wedding ring finger as a gesture of the ring before you take it off to go get it resized?
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I think that you should have it re-sized. You and your husband should do it together, and commemorate the day. I wouldn't want to see you lose your wedding ring!
  • jonelaw
    jonelaw Posts: 28
    Options
    I lost my wedding ring earlier this year....it just slipped off my finger and I never was able to find it. I too had put off resizing it...now I don't have the option! I suggest resizing it before it is too late! Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Get it resized. I lost mine recently :frown:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    ^^ I agree.

If it means that much that you have never removed it, then it would be devestating to you if you lost it.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel....about a month ago, I noticed my ring was becoming very loose, and it even came off one night in bed! (been married 30 yrs as of yesterday!) my husband suprised me for our anniversary.....he picked out new bands for both of us.....and ordered mine in a smaller size, bless his heart. I know you haven't taken yours off, but maybe if it's that loose, it's time to get it re-sized.........that would be better than losing it! Congrats on your success and best wishes to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsdarty
    mrsdarty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like the perfect time to have it resized then renew your wedding vows :smile:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    One of my pals lost her wedding ring a month ago on the beach because it was loose - she is still absolutely devestated.
    Take it off now and have it resized - not having it for a week or two will be so much less painful than if you lose it for ever!!
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    How about getting your husband to tie some string or something round your wedding ring finger as a gesture of the ring before you take it off to go get it resized?

What a brilliant idea - i think i will go with that - thank you
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Mine also needs to be resized, but I don't want to do that yet, since I'm still losing weight, so I'm wearing it on my middle finger.
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    I know you are all right - i would be devestated to lose it

Thank you for making me see sense

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I understand, hun.

Like the others, I would suggest making a fresh, new, romantic memory and renewing your vows, or getting it resized together.

But I do understand, though.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest wearing it on a different finger and getting new bands - maybe a vow renewal or something. That could symbolise the new person you've become as well...

Otherwise I'd really get it resized. Losing it would be awful. *hugs*
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like the perfect time to have it resized then renew your wedding vows :smile:

This! :) congrats!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You can get plastic ring-resizers that you can just clip on to rings to keep it in place but they are unsightly and not very comfy.

I would do this ^^^ I didn't take my ring off, in my first marriage, until I had to because of surgery. I understand you not wanting to remove it.
  • annra
    annra Posts: 12
    Options
    You husband just need to get for you a matching ring what you can wear on top the wedding ring. A win win situation.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Def have it resized. Better to do that than accidentally loose it.
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    You husband just need to get for you a matching ring what you can wear on top the wedding ring. A win win situation.

We discussed that option a few weeks ago (around having my engagement ring re-sized to keep it on - thats too big as well - so i have stopped wearing it) but having a whole new ring - now thats thinking outside the box - i like your style
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

YES !!! A wonderful idea !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!