New NSV - I wore a 2 piece in PUBLIC.

Options

Replies

• etc63
    etc63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a two piece since I was in 8th grade! Way to go. Well done.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A big congrats to you!!! I am very proud of you for standing up for yourself. You look great in your bikini!!! I wear mine outside in my backyard all the time. I know its not necessarily "public", but I have neighbors and no fences, so for me its a biggie. Last year I felt self conscious in my one piece. I feel much more confident now. Screw those judgemental witches. You look great!!
  • falnangel1205
    Options
    awesome! keep up the great work
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!! Way to tell it like it is. At the end of the day, it's no one's business WHAT you decide to wear. And, like you said, you earned it. AND, you look great!! Keep up the amazing work and continue being proud of and sticking up for yourself.

(Really cute bikini, the way!)
  • Smartbeauty
    Options
    You look good baby girl. Work what you've got...tomorrow is not promised to any of us; HAVE FUN!
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    GIIIIRRRRRLLLL!!!!!!!!

First of all you HONESTLY LOOK SMASHINI in that two piece-look how briliant your body looks AND YOU'RE SITTING DOWN. Good on 'yah for rocking a two piece and showing off your gorgeous skin. I think you look devine and fierce!!!! Beyonce eatcha heart out :love:

Secondly...and most importantly: I'm SO HAPPY that you STUCK UP FOR YOURSELF. That says is all right there. What an inspiration to us all. We should NOT be ashamed of our bodies and YOU AREN'T. You've treated it with RESPECT and you've had a HUGE weight loss and are WERKIN IT OUT. You're not letting some nasty sheep (yah huh! NASTY SHEEP) take that AWAY FROM YOU!!!! You prove that PRIDE and SELF LOVE are TRULY ON THE INSIDE.

LOVE THIS STORY!!!!! Thank-You SO much for sharing.

I'm looking forward to rocking out my two-piece next summer (it's August-this month is jamm packed for us..no water parks of camping in sight) cellulite and all!!!!

xoxoxo
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    I think that is AWESOME what you said to those biatches :laugh: ...people like that suck and your comeback was bang on!
    I also LOVE your bikini and think you are beautiful .
    I am so inspired by your attitude I am requesting you as a friend :flowerforyou:
    Good for you for working hard and having the self confidence all of us women should be lucky enough to have!the older I get the more confident I am,regardless of my weight,age is a great thing in that way :wink:

Ditto. :flowerforyou:
  • natashiag
    Options
    You rocked that two piece!
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look great...and to be honest the first thing I noticed was how nice your arms look. Wish my arms were toned like that
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    you just gave me so much courage. Bought a bathing suit a week ago. First bathing suit in FIVE years thats right I haven't owned a bathing suit in more then 5 years. And I purchased a two piece. Im trying to wear it in less than 3 weeks for my vacation in puerto rico. You just helped me find the courage to not be so critical Ive lost over 40 lbs. Ill be damned if I have to worry about others opinions about my HARD work.

Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    You are awesome, don't ever let anyone say otherwise. I'm jealous that you were brave enough to stand up for yourself. Keep up the amazing work!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First, let me say....I am so GLAD that you posted this!!!!!!!! Earlier this summer, I bought a 2 piece. When I tried it on, I was surprised - that I didn't look as BAD as I thought I would. I wore it to the beach not too long after that...took pics and when I saw them....I was horrified. I didn't like what I saw AND swore I'd never go back out in public in anything that I wasn't 100% comfortable in.

Fast forward to another beach trip....I decided to "try again." Although I wasn't completely satisfied....HONESTLY, the skinnier girls didn't even look good in their bikinis...and when I say look good - I mean that even though by society's standards they were "skinny," it looked as if they had NEVER worked out a day in their lives....I don't want to be "skinny fat." I want to be FIT and SEXY. I guess it's all in how your look at things. But, I applaud you for standing up for yourself - especially after you have worked SO HARD to get where you are today.

I was recently invited to a pool party - the first thing I thought of was "omg, I have to sport my bikini again in front of other people...." I hope I can have as much confidence as you have!!! Thank you sooooo much for posting this!!!!

You are amazing and you look GREAT!!!!
  • kristinacottle
    Options
    Good for you for saying something. You're awesome, and you look awesome too. Keep working hard. :flowerforyou:
  • bonnsterjeen
    Options
    Newbie to forums...what does NSV mean?
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    non scale victory
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Girl, you do not look bad at all. & you SURE AS HELL deserve to wear one after all the hard work! I was telling myself if for some reason my stomach isnt where i want it next summer (should be close) i am wearing a bikini no matter what, i deserve it and i dont give a **** about my stretch marks. Ive been waiting all my life to wear one and im not letting my "battle scars" keep me from that! Kudos to you! You are awesome & look beautiful!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You are totally right, you are not stick thin, but that doesn't make you ugly or fat. You are rocking that suit btw! Forget the negative comments, smile and know that you are doing this for YOURSELF!
  • marcirichart
    Options
    Congrats to you for losing 70 pounds!! That is just awesome. I think you look great! It's not what other people think about you, it's how you feel about yourself! You go girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!