Are you cold?

Options
CDMAGS
CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
So I have noticed over the past couple weeks I get cold a lot easier than I used to. I used to be so hot all the time I could run A/C all day every day. Now that I have lost a little weight I seem to get colder easier...does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yep. I now have less 'insulation' ;-)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I'm always cold. I have raynaud's syndrome though
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yay, me too! Also, I don't have A/C in my apartment. :)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Man I wish I didn't have to be in A/C. It makes me just wanna curl up in bed underneath the blankets and that always results in a nap :\
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I think I might just be sensitive to temperature. I get cold all the time at work, The AC is set anywhere between 68 and 72 ( 68 is low!!!!) I complain that I am cold and worse for the matter I am the ONLY ONE. I get made fun of for my blankets and sweatshirts.

On Saturday, it was a easily 95 degrees and blazing hot, and at about 6 PM i got to jump in the pool. I had goosebumps the WHOLE time and got out. I think my body is sensitive.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm always raging like a Bon fire, constantly.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to be hot all the time, then I gained some weight and was still always hot, now I am getting cold and I HATE IT!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I had this problem a lot when I was on 1200 cals a day.
    I also get very cold when I low carb.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    once you start eating at a caloric deficit (aka losing weight) for a peroid of time, your bodies metabolism slows a little and you're not creating as much heat... so you feel cooler.

it goes away if you eat something... or if you jack your metabolism back up with some kind of stimulant. (EC, large amount of Caffeine, etc.... )
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

Same here. Most mornings here at work I have to run a little heater so my hands don't get too cold or else they start turning white. I am very seldom warm, except when I work out or in the middle of the night when I am under the blankets and my husband is spooning me, then I get too warm.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I had this problem a lot when I was on 1200 cals a day.
    I also get very cold when I low carb.

Maintaining adequate protein/fat helps me and I am on about 10% carbs.

That and Shiraz :D
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    when i was at my healthy weight more than 10 years ago, i was ALWAYS cold. i'd go out with friends and would be the only clown wearing a sweater or jacket. when i got overweight that coldness went away. but now i'm losing weight to get back down to my healthy weight again and already the coldness is back with a vengeance.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold. I was cold before I started losing weight, during it and now.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not always cold, but my hands are ALWAYS cold.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I'm always too warm.

Maybe that's why I love cold hands :)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm only cold when it's winter and I'm sedentary. If BMI is your healthy weight measure, that puts me on the lowest part all my life. It's about exercise level, not weight in my humble opinion as long as you don't have other conditions.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Its going to be 111 here the next few days. Cold is the last word I would use to describe what I am.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes I have noticed getting colder since I've lost weight.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Yes to the cold. And, with less padding, my butt now goes numb from sitting at a desk all day =P