Name droppers!!!

Options

Replies

• KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Prince Edward of England - he came to the Greenville Highland Games last year and made it a point to come down to the athletic field to meet some of the throwers.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I live close to Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood so I see them all the time - my daughter scored a goal against his daughter in soccer:). I see him often at the grocery store.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...
    I will try to do this in cronological order:
    1: Bob Griese - He was a friend of my Fathers and we actually used to hang out when I was a little boy. At the time, I did not know he was the Miami Dolphins QB.

2: Burt Reynolds - Same deal really. He used to hang out with my Father and my Fathers police partner. They went to high school together. I knew he was an actor but I had no idea how big of an actor at the time. He was always pretty cool.

3: Gloria Estefan - Back in the mid 80's, I was a DJ and I was working a club in Miami where she was playing. I had drinks with her. Well, I had a sprite and she had water but still....

4: BB King - Security detail. He was pretty old by now so I decided not to talk to him. He seems tired.

5: Harry Connick Jr. - Again, security. He was pretty cool and more energy then a 9 year old boy.

6: Meatloaf - Security. He was kinda cool but HIGH energy.

7: Winger (but I had a conversation with Rod Morgenstein) - Security. He was REALLY cool. I also knocked out their road manager. Out cold.

8: Vinella Ice - Security. Complete and total douch bag at the time.

9: Jimmy Walker - Security (stand up comedy tour for the USO). Very humble and a really nice guy.

10: Toby Keith - I have a garage in a complex where I keep my hot rod. It turns out he also has one where he keeps his boat. I was working on the hot rod with the garage door open and he was coming to get his boat and he came into my garage to check out the car. SUPER cool guy.

10.5 Rob Van Winkle - Yes, I met him in the 80's. I also ran into him a few years ago at a car show in Juipiter. He has settled down quite a bit and was pretty cool. He has a BEAUTIFUL 1969 Caddilac convertible.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Charlie Hunnam from Sons Of Anarchy :):):) I told him I loved him. I couldn't help it.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    -Crispin Glover twice-he has a painting of mine in his house
    -Beck
    -The Flaming Lips-got to dance onstage when they opened for Beck
    -Deepak Chopra-signing books at the store I worked at
    -Shaquille O'Neal-sold him some books, and made him go back to his car for money to pay for it all
    -Muhammad Ali-Sold books to him and his wife a few times
    -Wallflowers (Jakob Dylan and the rest after a concert).
    -John McCain-Sold him books at Borders
    -Dave Barry-Went to a luncheon put on by Borders, Had a book signed for my mother
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    One New York trip, I met...

Tichina Arnold from Martin and Everybody Hates Chris...she was not so nice. :noway:

Tony Todd from Candyman...much much nicer. :happy:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Since I use to live in NYC I met a lot of celebrities. But the one that sticks out is one individual which I was a bit hurt that he was an *kitten*. I was working at Footlocker in NH and Chris Rock came in. He didn't say anything, he had his headphones in and wouldn't talk to me. I wasn't a crazy like OMG its Chris Rock but I did say hi...hey...its nice to meet you blah blah blah and he just looked at me as if Dude Who the **** are you and Why are you talking to me. From that day forward I dislike him and do not watch anything that he is in.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I interviewed Noel Gallagher (Oasis), The Dandy Warhols, Ultrasound, I went to the pub to watch a game of football with the late Joe Strummer (The Clash).
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Tom Arnold & Rosanne Barr - Not like suuuper famous

Chuck Wicks

Elvis Duran, Scary, Carla Marie

Thats about it.
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Charlie Hunnam from Sons Of Anarchy :):):) I told him I loved him. I couldn't help it.

I don't blame you, he is gorgeous!

Just a few weeks ago I stood not 10 feet from James Franco at a resort while he waited for his car at the valet.

Two months ago, I unintentionally followed Damian Lewis around Ikea. They must have just started shooting season 2 of Homeland, since he seems to be getting a bunch of stuff to set up an apartment and they film in Charlotte.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was on the dignitary protection team with FDNY EMS and met Pope John Paul II and President George W. Bush
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've met some NHL players: Martin Brodeur, Luke Schenn, Joe Thornton, Paul Coffey, Tie Domi, Wendel Clark, Brad Boyes and more. Mostly just autograph meetings but I was at a stag party with Boyes.

I've met Mary Walsh (only famous in Canada) (actually in her house through a friend)
    Jesse Leach and Adam D (autograph/chat)
    Buck 65 (chat)
    Walter Schreifels (chat)
    Tracey Morgan (pic taken)

I think there are more. Of all these the most exciting were Brodeur (he's been an idol of mine for years), Jesse Leach, and Buck 65.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

I don't blame you, he is gorgeous!

Just a few weeks ago I stood not 10 feet from James Franco at a resort while he waited for his car at the valet.

Two months ago, I unintentionally followed Damian Lewis around Ikea. They must have just started shooting season 2 of Homeland, since he seems to be getting a bunch of stuff to set up an apartment and they film in Charlotte.

he is even more lovely when you get to touch him. **melt**

james franco is gorgeous too
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...

5: Harry Connick Jr. - Again, security. He was pretty cool and more energy then a 9 year old boy.

I'm so jealous!!!!

Forgot the NBA guys. I've met Dan Dic(insert a k - MFP, really?!)au, and John Stockton as well. I've seen John Stockton several times, he lives in our area, and always happen to run into him at local restaurants with his family.

ETA: MFP won't let me post his name as is...
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Toby Keith - Country Musician
    Big Kenny - Country Musician 1/2 of Big & Rich
    BJ Penn - UFC fighter
    Uriah Faber - UFC fighter
    Michael Bisbing - UFC fighter
    Carlos Condit - UFC fighter

All these guys I got to meet while they were doing USO tours in Afghanistan. We were supposed to get some Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders for Christmas but when the chopper showed up it was some *kitten* from the Army band with a guitar. Talk about a let down.

The fighters were the only ones that we actually got to hang out with for more than a handshake and a autograph/photo. They were all really chill and it was a good time.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I work for Connie Kalitta. I bet no one even knows who this is.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...

I'm so jealous!!!!

Forgot the NBA guys. I've met Dan Dic(insert a k - MFP, really?!)au, and John Stockton as well. I've seen John Stockton several times, he lives in our area, and always happen to run into him at local restaurants with his family.

ETA: MFP won't let me post his name as is...
    You seem to be a fan so I will tell you the entire story with him.
    He was playing at Sunfest in West Palm Beach and my job was one on one security for him.
    Basically, this means that I had to stay by his side and right at the back stage steps the entire time.
    So, I was at his trailer (Sunfest is an outdoor venue) and his trailer was about 60 yards or so from the stage.
    He cane out of the trailer and down the steps and said "Ready?" to me.
    I nodded yes and suddenly, he was in a dead sprint towards the stage. I chased after him and caught up right when he hit the stage floor.
    He did his show (about 45 minutes) and cane down the stage steps. This time I was ready.
    A top speed sprint back to the trailer. We got to the trailer and he looks at me, smiled, and said, "I still have to do my encore".
    Another sprint back to the stage.
    By this time, I was sucking wind and doubled over trying to catch my breath.
    The encore was about three minutes.
    He came back down stage and I stood up straight.
    Thankfully, we only jogged back to the trailer.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Stevie D from Buckcherry. I have pics of him and my friends little girl and him and my sons girlfriend.

Some old country music stars.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law jokes about inviting Mathew Mcconaughey to my wedding because his family is from Uvalde Texas which is a small town next to the small town we are getting marriend in lol.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I haven't met too many famous people :/

Jeff Kelly-the one who played the Falcons for a few years and then I think the Jaguars. Met him when he was in college and I was like 12 I think(?) He was dating one of my sister's roommates and helped my mom and sis carry her desk up to her apartment during move in.
    Jordy Nelson from the Packers-pretty quiet guy
    I stood next to Terence Newman at a college game once when he was there for "hall of fame" night.

My grandpa met Jackie Kennedy Onassis--when he was in the Air Force