Suggestions on what to do with Greek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I copied the following from another post that I saw. I haven't tried them, but they sound yummy.

4 ingredient greek yogurt pancakes

I discovered this recipe on Pinterest and it was delicious!

Ingredients:
    6 ounces of greek yogurt (I used Chobani non-fat plain)
    1 egg white
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 cup of flour

Directions:
    Mix the yogurt and egg white in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda. Combine all ingredients together and cook like you would regular pancakes. I added blackberries to mine :) Delicious! Flip them when they start bubbling on each side.

Makes about 3 medium pancakes!

Here is the website I found them on:
    http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The Fage website has all sorts of ideas for you to use greek yogurt in...might be worth checking it out!
    http://www.fageusa.com/recipes/

:smile:
  • reneeeeeh
    Options
    Mix it with crystal light.. Weird but good :P
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love these suggestions. I'm going to try them all. Thanks for sharing!
  • 4mybabys
    Options
    Just in case others are looking for ideas. I add diced cucumbers, green onion and greek seasoning and use it as a codiment for chicken wraps. I also, use it in place of sour cream on taco's where I use romaine lettuce as the tortilla.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    This is how i eat my greek yogurt and i find it very tasty :P

add broken pecans, add flax & chia seeds (about 1 tea spoon each), add about 2 tea spoons of honey and some blueberries and mix it up.

By the way my greek yogurt is PLAIN (less sugar in it) so i dont have a choice to mix something with it or else the taste is very average :P

I add honey to it, as mine is plain as well. The nuts and seeds sound good, but the seeds aren't really up my alley and the nuts are pretty caloric...although i do love me some nuts :wink: I'm just tired of eating it out of the cup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it! Like I said, open to all suggestions :smile:

Plain greek yogurt is very versatile. You can use it in the place of milk, cream, sour cream, or cream cheese when cooking. I use it to make a creamy pasta sauce, mashed potatoes, even as a replacement for sour cream on baked potatoes. It doesn't have to be the highlight of the dish, but adds protein and all of the good stuff. :)
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love to dip strawberries into my Greek yogurt.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I mix it with tuna, to make tuna salad or tuna melts, as a replacement for the mayo.

!!! awesome idea
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I use my plain Greek yogurt for sweet and savory. Even baking, a replacement for the butter/oil.
    Make a smoothie: frozen fruit, chilled tea/juice/water, greek yogurt, flax/chia/benefibre. I like to add a banana for extra sweetness instead of sugar or honey.
    Fruit and Yogurt: Plain yogurt, fresh fruit, bran for crunch
    Savory: I use it instead of sour cream. So with fajita's, taco's, etc. I even with make veggie dips with it. Just add your favorite spice/dip mix. Or add it into your homemade hummus to make it more creamy, with out the extra oil.

These are some ideas. I hope it helps :)
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    the cinnamon and pumpkin is good. I added a little splenda and I added some crushed graham crackers on top and it was yummy...
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Hersheys unsweentened cocoa powder, a little vanilla and some stevia to sweeten. Tastes like chocolate cheesecake. You can also try using it to make a healthy deviled egg instead of using mayo. Yummy :)

**Never heard of Stevia..never heard of it..I use Splenda..is that bad? **
  • sarahwilloughby07
    Options
    Mix some dry ranch dressing mix into a container of plain Greek yogurt and use it as dips or mayo substitutes on sandwiches.
  • tkbronico
    Options
    These sound really yummy...might try some myself!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of eating Greek yogurt....yet I still have about 7 or so left in my fridge that are going to expire by next week...any suggestions on what to do with them? I know I can add them to protein shakes, but do I just blend them with the powder and water in a blender? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

And for the peeps that say, "just throw them away," or even better, "just eat them,".........nah :tongue: That's why I'm asking :happy:

If it's plain, suggest using them for a yogurt-based dressing or dip (the nice part about Greek yogurt is that it's thicker than regular yogurt--no liquid to drain off).
    What we do once in a while is feed some yogurt to our Akita. Good for his coat (and he really does like it).
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but I add a tablespoon of organic strawberry jam to plain greek yogurt. The kinds that are flavored have stuff you mix in that looks like jam, so I gave it a try. I eat it every day now.
  • lsm0509
    lsm0509 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I add a little bit of honey, peanut butter, and cinnamon and then dip apple slices in it...so yummy!! I also use it in chicken salad in place of mayo and as an alternative to sour cream.