peanut butter is mine a "good" choice?

Options
2»

Replies

• rhaven15th
    Options
    They say this...and they say that....
    Good and bad....
    I still have peanut butter sometimes still, just a lot less on the bread. See, they will also tell me the bread is bad for me, but I am still losing weight and I eat bread just about everyday.
    If you want your peanut butter, just use less, if you don't just burn off whatever you think is necessary.
    If it works for YOU what does it matter what anyone else thinks?
    Everyone is different.
    IF you're worried about palm oil, look it up, see what the goods and bads on it yourself, then you can decide if it's something you want.
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a food processor? You can make you own peanut butter witrh just nuts and maybe a little salt added.

yes I do and Ill give that a try :D, is there any oils I can add that will make it smoothish or does is become smoothish on its own? I dont mind crunchy but prefer it to spread a little :)
    You can add a little peanut oil or another nut oil to make it smooth. I saw cashew butter being made on a cooking show and they used walnut oil, I assume the same can be applied to peanut butter
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a food processor? You can make you own peanut butter witrh just nuts and maybe a little salt added.

yes I do and Ill give that a try :D, is there any oils I can add that will make it smoothish or does is become smoothish on its own? I dont mind crunchy but prefer it to spread a little :)
    You can add a little peanut oil or another nut oil to make it smooth. I saw cashew butter being made on a cooking show and they used walnut oil, I assume the same can be applied to peanut butter

TY :D ill deffo give that a go :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with the post above about PB2. You can get it online at Amazon.com. They even have a chocolate version. VERY good with protein shakes. I eat it every morning with a banana for peanut-butter-banana bread (I use 100 calorie wheat rounds). It's even good with an apple. There's only 45 calories in 2 tablespoons (AWESOME). I'm so happy I found this stuff, I eat it just about everyday.

So if you're worried about the fat (whether good or bad), PB2 is for you. It's a little pricier than regular peanut butter considering that you have to pay shipping (I usually wait until I need protein or something else I purchase from Amazon, you get free shipping over $25), but if you really want peanut butter and no guilt, it's the way to go :drinker:
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    They say this...and they say that....
    Good and bad....
    I still have peanut butter sometimes still, just a lot less on the bread. See, they will also tell me the bread is bad for me, but I am still losing weight and I eat bread just about everyday.
    If you want your peanut butter, just use less, if you don't just burn off whatever you think is necessary.
    If it works for YOU what does it matter what anyone else thinks?
    Everyone is different.
    IF you're worried about palm oil, look it up, see what the goods and bads on it yourself, then you can decide if it's something you want.

I agree that everyones views are different, geez ive even heard bananas stop you losing weight, if we listened to ALL the advice we would never eat anything :) however there is noting wrong with opinions when at least you can hear other ppls views and come to our own decisions :D

as for bread (thats evil :P )

I cant lose weight when eating bread. I have proved this to myself time and time again but I keep going back as I love bread. ... everyones body is different its finding what works
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    PB2!!! There are no stores where I live that sell it so I buy it online. It is basically powdered peanut butter.. the oil is removed so instead of 200 calories for 2tbsp it's only like 40 calories.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I only eat peanut butter with the ingredient "peanuts" no other ingredients. Not sure if you have Krazy Richard's, but I think it's good and very healthy.