I'm never going to be thin. So sad

Options
I'm 6ft 2 with a huge *kitten* frame, so even though I've lost 30 POUNDS and 15 KILOGRAMS, I am still a lard *kitten*. I see no difference, no one has noticed and its hard to keep going. I'm only another 15 kilos away from a 'healthy weight', but I dont think I'm ever going to get there. And I'll still look fat if I do.

Anyone else have similar problems? Like, seriously.. 30 pounds on anyone else is a huge deal. On me, it just means my jeans aren't as tight.

Replies

• GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If it is any consolation, I lost 19 lbs......don't really see or feel much of a difference in myself. Other people have mentioned seeing a difference but I still have the huge belly that I started with. Then I lost a bit of motivation and put 7lbs back on! I'm now 2lbs into working that 7lbs back off again. It is frustrating but I just keep telling myself that the next 5lbs I lose could be the ones that really make me see it.
  • aubhob
    aubhob Posts: 25
    Options
    Sometimes thin may not be an option however healthy is-and when you are healthy it is easier to stick with the plan-i have lost 25 with another 25 to go but its more than that-its working toward maybe decreasing maintenance medicine-this a lifestyle change for me and i know I will have to watch calories and exercise the rest of my life. Be a little more patient and I'm sure it will work out-Youre very pretty and your body, even though you may not like it(we are our own worst critics)-is very striking. So hang in there we are all in this together
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I've dropped about 40 pounds and its just now that I've had two people comment on my weight loss. You'll get there it just takes a bit to see real change. I'm pretty sure I've lost most my weight in my elbows lol not something you really notice but they're a lot pointier and I can feel it when I cross my arms. Our bodies are strange sometimes in where it takes the fat from that it may not be noticable at all at first. I've lost boobage and in my face but hardly 2 inches around my big belly. Sometimes its discouraging but I know something is working because I've dropped the pounds.

Congrats on 30 pounds and just keep on truckin! :flowerforyou:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You need to start lifting weights.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Id take healthy over looking good. It's more important.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    On some people 30lbs is two clothes sizes, on others it isn't even one. That doesn't mean you won't get there eventually, it just means you might have a bit more to lose. On the other hand, being as tall as you are means you get to eat a LOT more than a shorty like me, which I really envy. I wish I was taller, purely so that I could eat more. I live hungry.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? I looked at your pics, and you honestly don't appear to have a "huge *kitten* frame" at all

Hang in there, keep at it, and stop putting yourself down. I'd be willing to bet that you don't look half as big to other people as you actually think you do in your own head! Shake off the negativity, get those long legs out for a run and stop thinking about the 'big picture'. Set small goals and celebrate each achievement. You can do this :drinker:
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds, I'm 5'7" and I'm still using size 14 jeans. Just my parents and my sister in law have commented that I look "different", but I don't let this take me down. Don't be so hard with yourself, keep up the good work.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    On some people 30lbs is two clothes sizes, on others it isn't even one. That doesn't mean you won't get there eventually, it just means you might have a bit more to lose. On the other hand, being as tall as you are means you get to eat a LOT more than a shorty like me, which I really envy. I wish I was taller, purely so that I could eat more. I live hungry.

Amen sister!

I'm only 5 foot and even at 1200 calories a day, the weight hardly comes off at all unless I work out for at least an hour every day and don't eat back all the exercise calories!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have lost a stone (14lb) and no one has noticed just please don't do what i have done and lose heart and start putting it on again!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and weigh 280. I've lost 68 pounds and no ones noticed. I have 100 pounds to go and am waiting and wishing someone would say something. Although my son was quite excited when I got right up off the floor without crawling to the couch to use as leverage. I guess that was my weird NSV that day. :)
  • leannehoggdodd
    Options
    I think you are being to hard on yourself - if you see people everyday its hard to tell when they have lost weight - i bet if you havednt seen somebody for a while they would notice the difference in you!

i have lost 9 pound in the last two weeks 154 pound to 145 pound - nobody has noticed!!

Dont be discouraged by this - alot of people dont like to ask other about weight etc - it can be a touchy subject for some people and they maybe worried about offending you!

x
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :)
    I am more interested in being fit, but it'd still be great to look good in a bikini like other teenagers.

I shall keep trying and hopefully see a difference soon! :D
  • Maraleen_M
    Maraleen_M Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I understand / empathize with the sentiment you've posted. It *is* frustrating when you've sweated (literally) your *kitten* off to lose weight but the recognition (whether we admit it to ourselves or not) from others to praise our hard-won efforts isn't forthcoming, you get discouraged. We should all enter into getting healthy for ourselves but it does give us some "ego boost" when others remark how fabulous you look...
    I am 5'10 and have lost 25 lbs to date (approximately 74 days ago since I made the commitment to myself). My bone structure is quite "large" in comparison to most women, too. I don't see a loss of 25 lbs from my body (again, own worse critic) but I know that it's just the need to re-train the eye to see what is the 'new' person in the mirror, and not base the sight on ghosts of the past.
    You need to praise yourself. You need to acknowledge that your hard work IS showing and embrace who you are. Yes, the praise from others feels oh-so-good but this is for you, not them. Train your thoughts to be positive and I bet once that confidence starts to sashay it's *kitten* into the room, people *will* sit up and notice the new you!!! Good luck
  • holakarly
    holakarly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight whether or not people notice. It's your body, your life. Do it for you :)