minnesota anyone?

Options

Replies

• TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    North Dakota here. Gym (that's not always an option in N. MN or ND)

There must be a frozen pond somewhere.... do you skate?:smile:
  • BassPhemy
    BassPhemy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Twin Cities here. I'll probably end up buying a gym membership this winter. Not looking forward to it since I've been outside biking and enjoying the nice weather.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida now, but grew up in Minnesota and was back up there from 04-09.

I had a treadmill. It was fun to look out at the pretty snow while sweating in the comfort of my own living room. I have always used body weight for strength training (push up, pull up, sit up, squats, planks, etc.)
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have several friends from MN. Bumping this for them. :wink:
  • klinkow
    klinkow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thak you all for the ideas. i thin im going to give skiing cross country this year. mabey even in the BWWCA. other than that i just moved to a city so i will probably join the 'jim'. i recommend the BWWCA any tim of year allways fun but alot of work
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Northern MN here....and I didn't look at the rest of the question...sorry
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am from MN, but now live in GA. Not quite sure where you are in Northern MN, but I have family in Bemidji. I know a lot of people have made suggestions for indoor options (gym, workout DVDs), but I used to go ice skating all the time and my aunt recently picked up cross-country skiing as well as snow shoeing...just a thought!
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I'm in MN here too. I have several MFP friends from MN. You'll see - there are plenty of us around here. :)

I have a gym membership at the YMCA and I love it. Year round I get my exercise in.
  • jcstorlie
    Options
    East Central MN here, I absolutely love to snowshoe and a gym membership is a must have. Have to head outside when the sun is shining to get a litt Vitamin D exposure:)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Metro~ I have a gym membership with a trainer right now, but I'm incorporating home workout DVD's into the mix this fall.

Feel free to add me! I love local support!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Shout out to all the MN Peeps! I live in the northern burbs....Run run run during the summer along with my Y membership for weights...then during the winter I will be at the Y thinking about getting some swimming laps in for cardio this winter.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Mankato. Lived in California these past 7 years ;)
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just north of the cities. I do not have a gym membership but last year I made my own home gym. An elliptical machine and a tv combined with my boyfriends punching bag. I play volleyball all year, indoors in the winter of course. I will probably buy a membership to the gym near me that offers kickboxing and marshal arts classes. Feel free to add me Minnesota friends!
  • dlangenfeld
    Options
    I'm from Minnesota, about a half hour south of the Twin Cities. I work part time at the local YMCA so that I can get a free membership. It helps in the winter here!!
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There's a whole Minnesota group...you should find them!
    Most of my friends on this site are from Minnesota.

As for exercising in the winter, I do the same thing I do in the summer. I hit the gym.
  • pjellingboe
    pjellingboe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MINNESOTA!!!!
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    IM from the twin cities area. Winter time I do alot of indoor activities such as videos and whatnot. Oh and yes you cannot forget the outdoor sports. I love to cross country ski. I cant seem to ice skate but thats a really good workout too. When it gets to cold though i hibernate. lol
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Does a Minnesotan by birth and heart count? My parents grew up there, I was born in Albert Lea, and have relatives in the Twin Cities, Rochester, Red Wing, etc., and have spent the vast majority of my summers in northern MN - North Shore drive/gunflint Trail/Boundary Waters/Isle Royale. I love Minnesota. But I haven't spent more than a week there in the winter since I was six, so I don't have great advice for outdoor activities, although I think cross-country skiing is a lot of fun and is a great exercise.
  • lutafiskk
    Options
    I'm a Minnesotan during the summer when at a lake cabin on NO MN. Witer or summer the exercise is the same......a NU Step cross trainer. Great for cardio and large muscle workout, back pain, etc. My physical therapist recommended it.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Go down to groups and type in MN... there is a group for us crazy people!

I live in the TC area myself