Dear Mr. Arrogant Construction Worker,

classycouture
classycouture Posts: 888 Member
Dear Mr. Arrogant Construction Worker,

Just because I am a young female does not mean I don't know what the hell I am talking about. Laughing at me over the phone when I was trying to explain to you what needed to be done not only exemplified your short man syndrome, but it also made you look like an utter idiot when you "corrected" me with the wrong information, and then later lied about ever talking to me in the first place (you called me first, remember?). I hope you enjoyed yourself, because karma is a ***** (and she now has your boss's phone number). I hope you have a fantastic day.

Sincerely,
Stephanie

Replies

• BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    uh oh!
    Sounds like a real piece of work
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    He probably has a crush on you and irritated that you are out of his league. Hope your day gets better pretty girl! ♥
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Dear Mr. Arrogant Construction Worker

Is he a member here?
  • classycouture
    There is always the possibility...
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    A shame how many of those Arrogant pigs are still out there -- deal with them all the time. in fact - dealing with one right now called Mr. Arrogant Mechanic!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    u could tell he was short over the ph?
  • classycouture

Many times you don't need to see them visually to already know they are "short" in many areas.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member

Many times you don't need to see them visually to already know they are "short" in many areas.

well ok...im 6'5 so I will practice my tall voice for next time im on the phone lol
  • classycouture
    Hahah, sounds like a plan!
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Being one, alot of Construction workers are exactly what you say Arrogant most are ignorant, I have worked at the same company for more than 20 years and we have been in business for over 30. They want stay around witht those attitudes or they will work for crappy customers.

Love the Theory of A Deadman Shirt, I swear I am listening to them as I type,lol. My 23 year old daughter turned me on to them.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Wouldn't this have been better suited as a Facebook post than an MFP forum discussion? Your friends know you better than MFP forum strangers.
  • classycouture
    Being one, alot of Construction workers are exactly what you say Arrogant most are ignorant, I have worked at the same company for more than 20 years and we have been in business for over 30. They want stay around witht those attitudes or they will work for crappy customers.

Love the Theory of A Deadman Shirt, I swear I am listening to them as I type,lol. My 23 year old daughter turned me on to them.

Telling from how long your company has been in business for, it sounds like you really understand customer service!! I wish I was dealing with someone from your company!

And thanks! Your daughter has great taste! :) They are a great band!
  • classycouture
    Wouldn't this have been better suited as a Facebook post than an MFP forum discussion? Your friends know you better than MFP forum strangers.

::sigh::
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Was this a contractor type person doing work at your home? What kind of project are you having trouble with?

Interesting Fun Fact:
    The top two categories for consumer inquiries by the Better Business Bureau is 1) Contractors, and 2) Roofing Contractors
  • I get attitudes from construction workers all the time. Sometimes when I go to the field to do punch lists, contractors look at me and have this "wtf? Did you get lost" look and when I introduce myself as the Architect for the job, they immediately change their face!

Fun times!
  • classycouture
    Was this a contractor type person doing work at your home? What kind of project are you having trouble with?

Interesting Fun Fact:
    The top two categories for consumer inquiries by the Better Business Bureau is 1) Contractors, and 2) Roofing Contractors

Ahh, this guy was a roofing contractor! Thankfully, this construction worker was not doing any work on my home (I would never give him my business). I work for a Radiation Safety company, and one of our fields is radon mitigation. The condo association we were dealing with needed this company to cut through the roof (usually we do that) to uphold the roof warranty. I had the wonderful pleasure of playing liaison with this company, and dealing with this guy. But, let's just say I didn't keep my thoughts to myself... Called the condo association, called the owner of the home, and called this gentleman's boss and told them exactly how I felt. :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    ...............I would have just said this directly to the person instead of wasting my time typing it out.
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    **** HIM IN HIS EAR!!!
  • classycouture
    ...............I would have just said this directly to the person instead of wasting my time typing it out.

Trust me, I wanted to, but I actually care about being professional and not letting my emotions get the best of me at the work place.
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    F@#K HIM IN HIS OTHER EAR!!!!