Troubles with Calorie intake

Options
So I am having issues with how many calories I should be intaking? MFP has me at 1350, Lose It puts me at 1775. That is quite a difference? What is the best way to figure it out. I have been in a rut the last couple weeks, staying under, but not losing??? Help!

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I have been in a rut the last couple weeks, staying under, but not losing??? Help!

What have you been having those couple weeks? What about water-are you getting enough? I was on loseit for 4 months and I didn't lose ANYTHING so I don't trust their numbers

edited to add in I was going to l look at your diary but I can't view it
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would eat 1600 for a month.....stick to it.....hold yourself accountable.......After a month....weigh yourself. If you weigh more than you do today drop it to 1400.....repeat. If you weigh less than you do today either keep it the same or bump it up to 1800....repeat.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Try scooby's workshop website. Gives the BMR, TDEE and TDEE with cut % or fat2fitradio.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Well, both sites likely use different calculations. MFP doesn't add your exercise into the calculation for the number of calories it gives you. I don't know how Loseit works.

What Jacwhite22 suggested is good.
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. I went the Fat 2 Fit Radio website and it gave me a BMR of 1904? I am really not sure what any of those numbers mean!!!

I guess its just trial and error.

I do get at least 8-10 cups of water a day, so that I have going for me!
  • rjcherek2
    Options
    I have been in a rut the last couple weeks, staying under, but not losing??? Help!

What have you been having those couple weeks? What about water-are you getting enough? I was on loseit for 4 months and I didn't lose ANYTHING so I don't trust their numbers

edited to add in I was going to l look at your diary but I can't view it

My food choice could be better, and that I am working on. We are trying to cut out processed food, step by step!!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    BMR is the base metabolic rate for your body at rest (comatose)
    TDEE is the metabolic rate for your body when you factor in daily activities and (if you include exercise in that number no need for the confusion of eating back exercise calories) that keeps it simple for me because I'm simple minded for sure.

I used fat 2 fit radio and scooby's workshop to figure out BMR for my current weight and goal weight, TDEE for my goal weight and current wieght.

I eat 'at least' BMR for my current wieght, and try to 'gross' the number of calories for my current weight's TDEE with a 20% reduction which is where my daily calorie goal is set, and when I workout even though I enter the exercise calories I don't worry about eating them back. Why?? Because with my TDEE it has already factored in my expected exercise 3-4 times a week.
  • rjcherek2
    Options
    BMR is the base metabolic rate for your body at rest (comatose)
    TDEE is the metabolic rate for your body when you factor in daily activities and (if you include exercise in that number no need for the confusion of eating back exercise calories) that keeps it simple for me because I'm simple minded for sure.

I used fat 2 fit radio and scooby's workshop to figure out BMR for my current weight and goal weight, TDEE for my goal weight and current wieght.

I eat 'at least' BMR for my current wieght, and try to 'gross' the number of calories for my current weight's TDEE with a 20% reduction which is where my daily calorie goal is set, and when I workout even though I enter the exercise calories I don't worry about eating them back. Why?? Because with my TDEE it has already factored in my expected exercise 3-4 times a week.

Thank you! That helped explain it. According to Scoobys website, my BMR is 1898, my TDEE is 2610, and with it set at 20% fat reduction, and 1-3 hrs light exercise, I should be eating right around 2088 calories a day. WEll that seems like a lot, but I will give it a shot!!

THe main focus is to make sure I stay above the 1898 but below 2610.. Here we go!! :)