A NEW ME - 2010 Weight Loss Challenge!

Options

Replies

• donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I am so in! I have lost 13 lbs and gained 11 of it back!!! This is a new year and I am going to be a new me!!

start weight - 192
    goal weight by June 1st 2010 - 155
  • lfischer
    lfischer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 151.5 (up 1.5 since Christmas - grrr)
    Goal weight: 135

did 60 min on the arc trainer this morning - and I am about to walk the dog...here we go!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the challenge everyone! :bigsmile:

we will all log in to this thread every THURSDAY and add any tips, hints and motivation likewise :flowerforyou:

the first challenge is 30 minutes of exercise three times a week, this will seriously aide your weight loss, and help you to feel more relaxed and more confident

the first person to reply to volunteer to think of the next challenge will do the challenge next week, i will post your name and send you an email :tongue:

31/12 - 163.8
    07/01 -
    14/01 -
    21/01 -
    28/01 -

my goal for the next month is to get to 159 by the 4th of February!

Happy New Year everyone! here's to a fab 2010! :drinker:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'll volunteer to give next week's challenge! :bigsmile: my e-mail is PumpingIron33@gmail.com...
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ok Brabdiann, that is great! :flowerforyou:

you just need to think of a challenge for us all, and post it here next thursday! :love:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Okie dokie no problem.. that will be easy! :wink:
  • healthworks
    Options
    Sounds GREAT...PLEASE count me in :smile:

I want to lose 6 lbs by Feb 4th!! ( 5 weeks )

Happy 2010 everyone!!!
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    I like your words - one choice at a time!
    Happy New Year!
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well, it's January 1st, 2010. A new year, a new start. Lots of new beginnings!
    Weighed myself this morning, and I was not as heavy as I thought I may be, but the 7 pound loss is deceptive, as I was guessing when I first signed up. I've been able to exercise some restraint this holiday season thanks to this sight and using the Food Tracker.

So, here we are:

Start Weight: 268
    Goal Weight: 200

One day at a time, one choice at a time.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 157
    Goal Weight 135
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    OOPS..... I put the wrong number as of Today im 155
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Starting weight:340
    Goal: Lose 2 pounds per week in January - 8 pounds total. Nice, baby steps :)

I keep telling myself - it took years to put on all this weight, it won't come off overnight!

Goals for January: 1. 30 min. of exercise 3 times a week. 2. Get in the habit of logging foods into my journal.

So excited to get to know you all as we continue on our weight loss journeys together!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Good morning. Ready for a new year and a new me!
    My current weight is 240.2 (that's down from my starting weight of 301 on Aug. 26)

I've got a very long way to go. I would love to have dropped another 40 lbs by the end of May and before the end of the year 2010, I'd like to be down to 150(140). We'll see. I will work hard.

We can do it one choice at a time. -katie :drinker:

Way to go! You've already made great strides toward your goal. Keep it up and you will get there. I know you can do it :)
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think my scale is lying to me b/c my clothes definitely do not support the number that the scale says as of this morning:
    152 lbs.

Looking forward to looser fitting jeans!!! :) Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I think my scale is lying to me b/c my clothes definitely do not support the number that the scale says as of this morning:
    152 lbs.

Looking forward to looser fitting jeans!!! :) Happy New Year everyone!!!

That's a great thing!! That means your losing inches which means your losing bodyfat! If your clothes are fitting looser then that's awesome... Do you take measurements? If not you should start and do them monthly so you can see the difference there if you not seeing it in the scale.. Don't be discouraged!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I want to advise that everyone should take their measurements... If you don't see the scale moving it's more likely that your losing inches and bodyfat...

You can purchase a fabric or soft tape measure at GNC or online. This is what is looks like below.. The fabric one can be purchased from a fabric store like Michael's or so...

body_tape_measure_450_white-2-1.jpg

Be sure to measure:

Chest
    Arm
    Waist (around the belly button)
    Hips
    Thigh

These are up to you:
    Calve
    Neck
    Forearm

If you have any question feel free to ask... Time to make some serious changes everyone, we can do this and we are! :flowerforyou:
  • Enchanted
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I just found this website today. Would love some help and think this would be great!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I just found this website today. Would love some help and think this would be great!

Not at all, please post your starting weight , how much you want to lose and goal weight... Thursday's are our weigh-in days so don't forget to come in to let us know your stats..
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    My starting weight on MFP was 223 lbs. I weighed in this Thursday at 216 lbs. I would like to lose 70-80 pounds.
  • Brandiann
    Options
    My starting weight on MFP was 223 lbs. I weighed in this Thursday at 216 lbs. I would like to lose 70-80 pounds.

Welcome! :flowerforyou: