5'7''- 150lbs currently- I need some advice :)

Options
Hello,

I am 5'7'' and currently weight approx. 150lbs (give or take depending on the day), and I have lost approx 30 lbs since last May. My goal weight is 135lbs. Currently I workout approx. 6 days per week, and my calorie intake is 1200 (plus eating all of my exercise calories back). I have seemed to stalled in my weightloss, and I am hoping for some advice to break through the plateu.

Any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    increase your protein 1g per lb.. break it up to match ea meal in the day and eat min of 6meals a day.
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    Up your calories intake to 1500-1600 daily for a couple of weeks (the scale will probably show a slight increase but don't worry, it won't last). At the end of the two weeks, go back to 1200 daily. You will start losing again.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. So should I increase the Calories up to 1500 and still eat my workout calories then?
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    oooh can i add you as a friend....we;re about the same stats ;)
  • Abbygrlbff
    Options
    Please add me! I need more friends! :) P.S. Did you do the color run? That looks like so much fun!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I did ....well actually color me rad, but same idea. It was alot of fun! Next up is a half in obx in november....which one are you training for?
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. So should I increase the Calories up to 1500 and still eat my workout calories then?

Yes.
  • lsm0509
    lsm0509 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 150 Ibs!! My goal is 135 too!! Can't wait to just hit the 140's (I've never seen those numbers before lol) Feel free to add me if you like :) Pretty much agree that you should up your calorie intake.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi! I agree that you could increase your calorie intake. Also, change up your workout routine.

I'm training for a half in November as well. The Rock N Roll San Antonio :)
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also, looking at your diary, it looks like you need to up ypur water intake. Going back several days , either you're not drinking enough or just not logging it. That should help.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Options
    Thanks again for all of the advice. To answer the questions I'm training for the Dayton Cooridor 1/2 Marathon in October. This is all sort of surreal to me because I was always overweight as a kid and unable to run a mile. Now I'm doing 5Ks and more.
  • jleadie
    jleadie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same problem as you. 150 lbs and cant budge. I eat 1200 calories and workout 55-60 min 6X a week. I also work 12hr days 6 days a week so, you would think I would have melted all these pounds off :( I am going to try the 1500 calories and see if that works.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, but I'm in the same boat. I'm 5'7", my high weight was 180 and I stalled out at 140, so close to the end (130ish is the goal). It's been months. I too was only eating 1200. I increased to 1300, then 1400, 1500, then maintenance, then slowly lowered and still stayed around 140 lbs give or take a few.

Here for the tips.

Anyone in the same situation feel free to add me :)

*I'm now at 1350/day
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 5'7'' and currently weight approx. 150lbs (give or take depending on the day), and I have lost approx 30 lbs since last May. My goal weight is 135lbs. Currently I workout approx. 6 days per week, and my calorie intake is 1200 (plus eating all of my exercise calories back). I have seemed to stalled in my weightloss, and I am hoping for some advice to break through the plateu.

Any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks
    I'm 29 (like you) 5'7 (like you) and started at approx the weight you're at now (150lbs). I lost 30 lbs and I net 1700 (most of the time being very sedentary). I did the 1200 thing for months, it was a *itch. As a women who's 5'7 you're BMR is definately over 1300. You should be able to lose weight on much more then that. I suggest you do a reset (eat your energy expenditure for ~6 weeks or until your weight levels out. This will be eating over 1700...probably in the 2xxx range if you're working out 6 days a week...this can be calculated) and start eating a sustainable amount of food.

Doing the reset will cause some water weight gain. After your finished that do a small cut of your EE (10-20%) and the water weight and more should fall off within 2 weeks, and you should be able to continue to lose from there.

Also keep in mind that mfp exercise calories is usually over exadurated (up to about a half). A HRM would be able to give you a better idea of what you're burning (for cardio burns only)