C25K Beginners

Options
I'm on Week 4 so far and super excited. I've always admired runners and never thought I'd start this, let alone make it to Week 4. I'm hoping to do a 5K this fall..Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other!

Replies

• gonecrazywith4
    Options
    I started to C25K too....but I jumped in with both feet and signed up for a half marathon (crazy I know) Never ran a day of my life but needed motivation to loose ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 75 lbs lol...Good Luck! I got stuck on week 7....but moved to the jeff gallaway running to train for the half marathon......
    ~ Melissa
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    does it count is i just started jogging last week, i plan to do it 3 days a week until i can jog two miles without stopping..

i am not following the c25k exactly, i am jogging until i can anyore then i walk an additional hour.

last week i did 3/4 of a mile jog and walked and hour

this week i plan to attempt 1 mile jog and walk another hour..

id love support and can support other beginners as well.

BTW can i say after my first attempt i was stunned that i could even jog that far on my first try-total confidence booster!!
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started to C25K too....but I jumped in with both feet and signed up for a half marathon (crazy I know) Never ran a day of my life but needed motivation to loose ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 75 lbs lol...Good Luck! I got stuck on week 7....but moved to the jeff gallaway running to train for the half marathon......
    ~ Melissa

lol wow Good Luck to you too! I should've named this topic Beginning Runners! Doesn't matter how we get there, just as long as we do :)
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    does it count is i just started jogging last week, i plan to do it 3 days a week until i can jog two miles without stopping..

i am not following the c25k exactly, i am jogging until i can anyore then i walk an additional hour.

last week i did 3/4 of a mile jog and walked and hour

this week i plan to attempt 1 mile jog and walk another hour..

id love support and can support other beginners as well.

BTW can i say after my first attempt i was stunned that i could even jog that far on my first try-total confidence booster!!

lol yep it counts. I was also in total shock that I was able to do my first attempt. Now the 5 mins stretches amaze me too!
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Keep it up. @melissa when is your 1/2? I got a 1/2 Oct 27th.
  • gonecrazywith4
    Options
    I started on my treadmill and just started outdoors...found a park that has a small track around it so the kids play and mom walk/jogs....I have never ran a day in my life so this is ummmmm well interesting to say the least lol...I am by no means a small person so on top of learning to run, I have had to get over the whole omg im jogging in public lolol
  • gonecrazywith4
    Options
    Not until January...Its the Disney Tink.....Gives me some time to drop some weight lol.....about 35 more lbs to meet my goal weight for run day... :)
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am attempting c25k again, for the 3rd time. I always seem to give up after week 2 so this time I started with week 2 to see how far I can get! I am also in better shape than the previous two times so heres hoping I can actually finish!

I have signed up for a Color Run (a 5k with no time chips but you get to leave all covered in color). I hear they are fun and it was only $35 bucks.

I also am determined to get my 1/2 marathon time down next year. I walk the flying pig half marathon (in Cincinnati OH) and I only have walked it so this next year I am hoping to run parts of it and improve my time by 20 minutes! (ambitious I know but I feel if I get better at running then maybe I can drop some time off my 3 hours and 30 minute walk. AND help lose my extra weight).
  • nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2! :) caught a cold and taking a few days off to get better...planning on getting back with it on Friday! :)
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not until January...Its the Disney Tink.....Gives me some time to drop some weight lol.....about 35 more lbs to meet my goal weight for run day... :)

Thats really cool. Good luck!
  • Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love this program! I am on Week 3 technically, but I decided to go back and do Week 2 again because I wasn't happy with how I was doing. I'm so happy I did!! I can't wait until my first 20 minute run :)
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1. Just did Day 2 today. Kind of shocked that I haven't died! I find that very motivating!