Starting 30 Day Shred TODAY, August 1st!

Options

Replies

• daisy6363
    daisy6363 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is actually a group that just started the 30DS today, I just happened to stumple across it one day. Since I'm fairly new to MFP, I've not figured out all of the bells and whistles yet.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Do you think it would be too much to take on 30DS and C25K at the same time?

I do 30DS, run 3-5 miles 5x a week and just started a boot camp challenge.....but I've been told I'm a little crazy. LOL
    :bigsmile:
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I created a group for 30 day shred, we have over 150+ members starting the shred today. Feel free to join us

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7472-august-1st-30-day-shred-12
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    add me :) i will start again! i really want to actually finish it this time though ive started it so many times and always stop around day 12 :/ hold me accountable!!!!
  • ucfnite
    ucfnite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will start 30 day shred today too! 30 days! here we go! :glasses:
  • Roseanna1017
    Roseanna1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I started the 30 day shred yesterday, and it kicked my *kitten* :( not giving up though, feel free to add me :)
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do you think it would be too much to take on 30DS and C25K at the same time?

Everyone's different, but I'd say it's not too much. 30DS makes your legs a lot stronger, so it will make you a better runner (assuming you can run through the soreness of the first few days).

I'm starting level 2 tomorrow, and I run 6 days a week with Nike's equivalent to C25K.
  • lebear94
    lebear94 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started Monday and my plan was to do level 1 in the morning and level 2 at night along with my regular trip to the gym. (I'm hoping to drop one more size before I head off to college since my weight loss has been moving ten times slower than a snail) But yesterday I woke up and could barely move (ps day 1 I felt great afterwards and was filled with loads of energy , did anyone else experience this?), today I'm gald to say I'm back on course with day 2. I havn't really had any support or a buddy through this process so I'd love to make some buddies to endure the pain with.
  • cswomack
    Options
    What exactly is that?
  • lebear94
    lebear94 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that the shred can be entered into exercise under general circuit training.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1, day 6 (I do it every other day to give my muscles a rest). The first day I was sore EVERYWHERE!! It does get better. Feel free to add me as a friend - I can always use positive people in my corner. :happy:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that the shred can be entered into exercise under general circuit training.
    I log it as 20 minutes circuit training
  • Rachzma
    Rachzma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3! Anyone please feel free to add me. After first day I was so sore but it does it better!
    I do 30DS in the morning and the gym in the evening!
  • Alisamae18
    Alisamae18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    this is great! im going to start it today also!. Im going to add everyone . add me too! Good luck guys!
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to start and it would be great to have friends on the same track -- I'm in!
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started today too! I just about died! Can anyone tell me how to tell what your target heart rate is for exercise...This 300+ woman was sweating like crazy. I hate to have to modify some moves but, I have a fused shoulder (2 plates, 16 screws)...but it still be my butt! Continue tomorrow despite not being able to move.:smile:
  • Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi,I'm new on here.whats a 30day thread?
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started today too! I just about died! Can anyone tell me how to tell what your target heart rate is for exercise...This 300+ woman was sweating like crazy. I hate to have to modify some moves but, I have a fused shoulder (2 plates, 16 screws)...but it still be my butt! Continue tomorrow despite not being able to move.:smile:

I have modifying too but I have tendonitis in my ankle and it can be rough with all of the jumping and stuff. I take it as far as I can. I'm also 300+ so I understand. Keep with it. I'm gonna do that tonight as my workout and hopefully also be able to take my dog for a walk. I might do the walk first and then do the shred later. I'm gonna probably only do it 2-3 days a week. Soon I'll be working out with my trainer 3 times per week so I won't have the time to do it every day or even 5-6 times per week.
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A Jillian Michaels DVD (20 min circuit training) you do every day for 30 days increasing from Level 1 through Level 3 every 10 days until finished. She does state on the video that you can stick with one level for as long as needed. I started today and I am 335 lbs...she has modified versions of some exercises. I sweated like a stuck pig and my hr went to 156. You can get the DVD at walmart in the fitness section. Hope this helps!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Started today with Jillian, been on a diet with no result for months now (no sugar, no carbs...) so i figured I needed more activity. Every muscle in my body is aching and I am happy for it. I have my alarm clock on 6 am to do it before work in the morning.
    After everything that has happened to me in the last 2 months I am not giving up on this