Wisconsinite on board

Options
Greetings everyone.

I joined the site about a week ago with my wife. We're both in Wisconsin and trying to get ourselves on track to a healthy lifestyle. She's originally from Canada and I am from Chicago.

I'm hoping to use the forums as another catalyst to keeping me going.

About myself - I'm an electrical engineer and turn 41 tomorrow. I was born in Chicago and went to university for 5 years in Memphis, Tennessee. I now live in central Wisconsin with my wife in our first home. I'm an avid gamer and all-around math nerd.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi handsome!
  • CunninghCM30
    Options
    Hello fellow cheese-head!
  • efoley2
    efoley2 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey Wisconsinites! My family lives out there near Wausau. It is so beautiful up north...in the summer =)
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    Summer is normally gorgeous. Right now our grass is a desert brown color because of the heat wave and drought. There's a 33% chance of showers tonight and we need it. I'm glad I didn't staart my home garden project this year after all, though it would be helping me save on some vegetables right now.

It's really hard to stay away from cheese curds up here, so my wife and I have them still. We share a serving once a week on Wednesday - our decadence day. And somehow she still manages to stay under her calorie limit, too.

Nice to see some fellow Midwesterners, though I am a transplanted "cheesehead." I still root for my hometown Chicago Bears.
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi handsome!

Hey gorgeous ;)
  • Barbaraschneeberger
    Options
    hello! I'm from Ashland Wisconsin next to the Lake :)
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    This is awesome- I'm seeing more and more folks on here living in Cheeseland! Yeah!