Phitbits Row the world

Options
meerkat70
meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
Hi Phitbits

Hope you're all ready to row the world. Fast and steady wins the race!

Could you each introduce yourself and say a bit about who you are, and what you're hoping to gain from the challenge?

Here's our spreadsheet. I'll pretty it up a bit, but bookmark the link. It would help me *hugely* if you ensure that you log your cals on here before logging off each evening. It becomes a real pain for the captain if you're left chasing around for people's calories each day. This is particularly the case if you're having a rest day - if you don't let us know that, I'll be left waiting for you to log....

As a Phitbit team, our main focus is always on motivating and supporting each other. Winning is fun, but we're much more intent on being good to each other, and on helping each other be the best we can.

So... oars at the ready!

Jane

Replies

• meerkat70
    Options
    Oh, just to introduce myself. I'm Jane. I'm hoping for this challenge to lose a bit more weight (hopefully another 10lb. That would be really good!). I'm a university lecturer, and this is my summer period. This means I'm mostly working from home, so I'm taking advantage of that to up my fitness levels a bit, to crosstrain a little more than I ordinarily would, and to build some strength. I'm training for a half marathon in October, so my big focus will be on running.

I'm 41 years old, mother to one amazing daughter, and I have two little dogs and a new, beautiful cat.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My name is Carol, I am just finished my degree and will be starting my masters in September so I want to spend the next month focusing on getting as healthy and active as I can. I am trying to find my limits and push them a bit, weight loss is a side effect of getting healthier.

I love my cardio so work my way round the cycle machine, crosstrainer, stepper and the treadmill at the gym and do the fitness blender videos at home as well as having a treadmill. My kettlebell classes have stopped for the summer so try and hook up with mates to try out fitness routines etc and also trying to up my walking to build up my lung capacity to get back to hillwalking. I have also just got NRLFW(?) and want to get to doing "proper" weights. We also have a border collie so still trying to find out if she ever gets tired. I do love jogging (not fast enough to call it running hehehe) but struggling a bit with c25k week 8 as my knees are horrible.

I am 45, married and have 3 lads who will be 19,20 & 21 soon, our dog Lucy and 2 cats. I work weekends so the calorie count from Sat/Sun may dip a bit but I will make up for it through the week.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Greetings from East Texas in the USA. I am Bill. Like Jane, I am an academic . I have been teaching computer science at the same small Baptist University for 29 years. I weighed 255 pounds just over a year ago and worked hard to lose down to 196 by November 2011. Since then, I am trying to learn to maintain and lose another 10. I am currently just over 200 lbs. 185 would be fantastic! I love the motivation that these games provide. Jane is a great leader and I would much rather support her efforts than try to field my own teams.

At 58 years old, I am probably the oldest person on our team, but work very hard. I like cardio mostly. I walk, ride bikes, and do physical labor in the summer.

I am married to the girl of my dreams (35 years woo..hoo), have 3 children, three grands (with another on the way), and a dog named Lucy. I am very active in my church as well as the community. I love hot rod cars, motorcycles, and vintage Cushman Motor Scooters. Looking forward to knowing each of you and hope that you will share more than just exercise stuff. We care about each other's families and the fellowship is great.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Oops it helps if I actually put the spreadsheet link in there!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkC9aDYAzemGdDFSV0xyRm5HYW02V0tucXBIcXlINFE#gid=0
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    Hey Bill :) - I have been with my husband for 25 years so not quite as long as youself and not quite at the grandchildren stage but getting closer I suppose :), my lads have some additional support needs so at the moment we are concentrating on getting them out into the working or educational world,

I am really looking forward to doing this challenge - I didn't realise how big it was - I thought it was something a few friends friends came up with and there were 2 or 3 teams - but its got a spreadsheet and a map - ooh my inner geek is happy.

My knee has been a bit tender the last few days but I rested it yesterday and I am raring to go.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm laura but I'm known on here as penny as people can't cope with double names(but do feel free to call me either!). I'm 24, just finished my 2yr postgrad in architecture, so I've now finished the grand total of 6yrs studying architecture. I'm now looking for work in the real world but it's rather tricky at the moment what with the economy and people not doing as much building etc...

I started my journey jan 2011 at 232lbs, by Xmas 2011 I'd got down to my goal of 164lbs but since then I've put on (and got back down to) 180lbs...but I'm the same size as I was at 164... It's rather bemusing, frustrating and annoying but I'll stick with it. This summer I'll be focusing on getting the most of my gym membership whilst I have the time, in addition to stepping up my strength training (currently body pump but looking at maybe NROLFW), running (I try to 3x week), and of course walking my dogs. As an aside I have 2labradors one old black one called penny (yep that's where the name comes from) and a young brown one called lottie, she's my running buddies when she behaves.

I have a brother who is a rows for Cambridge and is trialing for the lightweights in September (he's not tall enough to be on the normal team) so he's hard hard in training for now and is a good reason to hang out in the gym for 2+ hrs with him everyday, so if you see crazy days it's probably because I went with him albeit training on a completely different level to him!

So yeah that's me!

So yeah that's me...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Morning all. Are we good to go? Oars at the ready.... ? Let's get ourselves on that map! :-)
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Ready and raring...!
    I have muse's "feeling good" stuck in my head, *it's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life, for.me, and I'm feeling good!"
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Hey guys, better late than never... Nice to meet you all and find out a little about you :)

I'm Hannah. I'm 25 and I'm an unemployed (grrr!) Primary school teacher from the UK. Been doing temping during term time but it's the summer hols now so, like Jane I aim to use all my free time to improve my fitness :)

I guess I started my weight loss 'journey' in January 2011, but didn't start using MFP properly until the end of August (I'm nearly at my year!). Within a few months I'd reached a weight I felt comfortable with - I was no longer 'fat' BMI-wise and could fit into size 10 jeans... but somehow the number on the scale wasn't enough. I'm now striving for something better -no more jiggly bits!-, and know it's going to take me ages to get there... hoping this challenge will help me shed a few more pounds of fat and help me reach my goals a bit sooner...
  • hannydee
    Options
    Slight issue... trying to put my cals burned for the day into the spreadsheet but it won't let me edit anything?
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    Same here, it won't allow me to post in the cell.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'll try to sort it now - in the meantime, can you post to the thread? (sorry about this!)

1300 for me today. :-)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I think it's fixed now. Let me know if not.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    I could edit the spreadsheet so I added my totals (and those for hannah and carol)...but weathers and bill hadn't completed their diaries yet so I couldn't add those yet...

i also added a smidge of colour so I could read it better...hope that's ok!
  • hannydee
    Options
    Thanks Laura for doing that :) Can't believe how much I've burned today, haha. Think you'll be lucky to get a day like this out of me again, but we'll see...

Just had a look at the spreadsheet and I like the colour! Also looks like it'll let me input values from now on so that's good :)
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    Thanks for adding my cals on Laura :)

I really need to get some healthy high cal food in like nuts n raisins or something. I was hungry but didn't want to eat crap - so need to get better organised.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Just so you know - Tim is off on his holidays tomorrow . He's given me est.sated burns for the week he's off and I'm going to prelog for the week. We will the adjust them if needed when he gets back.
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    That makes a lot of sense, and Tim is always fairly spot on when it comes to his training.
    Have a good holiday Tim! X
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Estimated, obviously. Weird old autocorrect!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Right, I've logged our day 1 with Lee. We're on our way

Total cals 8361
    Total miles 4180.5