For real this time!

Options
Hello everyone,

I've been using MFP for some time now (and I love it) but I lack the motivation to get results. I'm terrible for tracking food and exercise on the weekends and I'm easily influenced by social situations resulting in poor decisions. I'm becoming more physically active, but still not motivated to use that gym membership I've signed up for. I need help! I'm sick of this loop I'm stuck in, its time that I make the necessary changes so I can see results. I really could use some advice and support, so please add me.

Thanks,
P.

Replies

• KellyUK1987
    Options
    Hey! I'm the opposite. I'm totally addicted to tracking what I'm eating and what exercise I'm doing... I'm just lacking the strength to eat less chocolate, despite eating more healthier foods!
  • ThatDarnZach
    ThatDarnZach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just push through, you'll learn to love tracking your calories and workouts. It feels great knowing that you are allowed that extra snack at the end of a successful day!
  • gvuletic
    gvuletic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been the same way but the past 2 weeks I've logged everything, the good, the bad and the ugly! What I discovered was that after having a bad weekend, I'd straighten up during the week. So I have a new game plan for the weekend. I'm going to log what i eat immediately and once I hit my calorie limit, I'm going to take a long fast walk! If I want to eat more or badly, I'm going to have to work for it!:ohwell:
  • 23Missy
    23Missy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I struggle from major depression so I toooooootally get the lack of motivation thing you spoke of in your post.. I need inspiration as well. I'm really thankful I found this site. I dont do their program I do weight watchers. but I see how this journey is better done with more people that support you and understand. and so far its been such a blessing. everyone has been encouraging and inspiring. good luck to both of us on this journey. :)
  • Cillygirl
    Options
    Weekdays I'm the same way! Addicted to tracking my food and I even plan my meals the night before and track that! But then the weekend comes around and its just go go go. I don't exercise and I eat on the run and before I know it, its Monday again and I've ruined all the progress I made the previous week! So frustrating!

I'm a hugeeeeeeee chocolate lover too! But I stopped bringing it to work and switched to fruits. If its not with me I can't eat it right? I also have a bad habit of wanting something sweet after my dinner. So after I got use to bring fruit to work, I just cut out the snacks after supper. My chocolate cravings are decreasing (and I didn't realize that until you just posted!) That time of the month is when its the worst and Easter is a terrible time of year for me - just saying. I'll add you and we can chat more :)