HELP! Binge Eating!!

Options
For whatever reason I cannot stop putting food in my mouth! It has been happening all week!! However...everything that I have been eating has been veggies....broccoli....green beans...salsa...but still! What can I do to stop? Should I just keep eating? Is my body trying to tell me something?

Replies

• ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If your actually hungry....eat. If your doing it out of boredom get out and do something. :flowerforyou:
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry I think you should eat. Thats your body telling you to eat. If you are eating just because you want to be eating, I would say try to cut back.. At least you are eating healthy things!!! Thats a lot better than I usually do.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I dk if you're body is trying to tell you something if I don't see what you're eating and your activity level is. If you're eating really low calories and it's hunger driving you to binge then yeah, maybe you need to eat more. do you have PMS? I've been stifling the urge all week to sit down with 20 cookies and a salt shaker and give in to my PMS lol
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i would say that its your body trying to tell you it need more food. and especially since its such healthy stuff i wouldnt worry too much
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you're going to eat more than you're comfortable with - or if you're in danger of going over calories - I would suggest going for a walk around the block or waiting fifteen minutes by doing something else. It's what I always do, and it works most of the time.
  • Kazenouta
    Options
    I have had issues with this in the past and honestly the only answer is what someone already recommended. If you're eating because you're bored, get up and do something. If you're hungry, then eat sensibly! At my peak of binge eating I was taking in 2500-3000 calories a day. Now when I start to get a boredom craving I pick up a pen, lace up my shoes, put on my boxing gloves, or pick up a good book. Whatever gets your mind going will help this problem.

Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason I cannot stop putting food in my mouth! It has been happening all week!! However...everything that I have been eating has been veggies....broccoli....green beans...salsa...but still! What can I do to stop? Should I just keep eating? Is my body trying to tell me something?

any chance you could possibly be pregnant? About 8 years ago I was doing super good on lower carb...then all of a sudden I could not control myself in the evenings--especially around carbs. Looking back, my symptoms started within a few days of when I would have conceived.

Or could it be a PMS thing?

It looks like all the things you are "binge eating" on are healthy...do you have the calories for them? If you do, keep going!
  • frhenderson
    frhenderson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there something you want to eat but are denying yourself? What are your fat/protein/carb ratios?
    Usually when I find myself binging it is either because there is something I want to eat, but because it is "bad" for me I end up eating too much of everything else. In those cases I've learned to just go ahead and eat a controlled portion of the "bad" food. If I'm eating everything in sight because I feel hungry, it's amazing how many times a look at my fat ratio shows that I've been under 30%. Upping my fat for a day or two breaks the binge.
    Whatever the cause, once you break through the binge try to see it as a learn from and move on experience rather than something you have to make up for.
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Considering what you are eating, it's not so bad. Sure the calories add up, but not as quickly as say... cookies. Sure this is coming from somebody who had a similar problem with laying off a key lime pie earlier this week, but your food choice is better.
    If you look at it from a Weight Watchers' prospective, those are zero and 1 point foods. Those veggies are also fibrous and will clean out your system.
    Keep that munching to the low calorie foods you have been, and all will be well.
  • stelasparkle
    Options
    I find when that happens, doing some light excercise takes the endless munchies away. (going for a walk or doing some sit-ups and weights) and drink a lot of water. :) good luck
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have issues sometimes binge eating.And the stuff doesn't even be healthy.As least yours are. That is going to be the DEATH of me!! MOTIVATION,MOTIVATION,MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? How many calories do you NET per day? What is your workout like?

Hard to know what is going on when we don't know the basics. Everyone else is just guessing since we have little information.