Lunch ideas for work

Options
So I'm in need of some ideas for lunch. Lately I've been having salad, half a tuna sandwich, yogurt and a piece of fruit.

I used to eat the healthy choice meals, but I'm also trying to cut down on my sodium intake.

I don't mind eating the same thing for lunch every day, but I'm thinking I probably need a little more protein.

I've hit a bit of a plateau right now too, so I'm up for switching anything up to help with that. (My food diary is open as well if people have any suggestions).

Thanks!

Replies

• ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    im having the same problem with school and dinner ( i work at night). ive been taking salad wraps,sandwichs, fruit ,museli bars and nuts. i did take instant noodles but they are not very good for you.
    maybe pack a salad? or some left overs to heat up? or change up the food in your sandwich.
  • cadynappi
    Options
    Have you tried making eggs. I usually make an omelette the night before and heat it up for lunch. Last few days made cheese,bacon,with tomato omelette and put inside a wrap. Very good! Other times I eat salads or tuna with little mayo no bread. I am also always looking for ideas.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually make up enough of something to eat for the whole week. I try to change it up each week, like one week it will be pork chops and the next week it wil be chicken and then meatloaf and so on. One week I did lasagna. I try to also bring a side dish and a salad. I really like the Minute Rice individual sides. I do my cooking on Sunday and bring the whole weeks worth in on Monday so I don't have to remember every day. Of course, this will only work if your work fridge is big enough to accomadate that.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I eat hard boiled eggs, bring some cheese and veg and I'm full.
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    I take left overs from the night before. I portion the food out and make sure it fits into my plan. I also keep cherry tomatoes and other healthy snacks at work. For some reason, I must snack at work.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Might be too many carbs (unless you are a large man), but I had some left over roasted chicken breast this morning...i put it with a slice of ham in sara lee 45 calorie bread...MAN...it seems like chicken tastes better the day after you make it.
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a retired teacher and some years had to eat the earliest lunch--11:15 so needless to say i was ravenous by dinnertime! So, I started experimenting with different kinds of foods that had a lot of fiber and filled me up to last the afternoon. Here's my power lunch recipe:

black beans, diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, balsamic vinegar (with some olive oil),----mix all together and let marinate at least 2 hrs.----put over brown or wild rice or can eat it w/o rice

You can experiment with different kinds of beans and the amount to eat! Add other veg. for more fiber.

This would hold me over with an apple in the afternoon until dinner! Enjoy!